First Grow Ever

imfree

so this is my first grow ever. i did mad research before starting. i still feel i dont have everything down but i can only learn more from mistakes.

im using some donated seeds no clue what they could possibly be. male or female i'll be happy. this a indoor grow starting in a home made really ghetto in my opinion pc grow box. if anything needs improvement please let me know!! any constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated.

Grow box- im running a 100 watt cfl daytime flood light and 120 watt cfl general.
mylar surrounds the case.
running the built in pc fans
temp gets up to 80f, with fan running it drops to about 75f
my light timer actually is a programmable surge protector but right now im on a 24hr cycle of course

my soil is ff ocean forest. nutes are ff big bloom

i believe it in is what yall call veg state. this is day 5. i germinated with 2 coffee filters moist on a plate covered with a coffee cup. i then put in my bathroom closet and ran a mini heater in the bather room to keep warm.
it took about a day and a half for the tap root to sprout. i think those are correct terms... i then place it in a jiffy pellet then into the grow box about 2ins away from lights.

4th day i checked it by moving a little of the soil around and saw the taproot getting bigger. i didnt want too in fear of killing it but i just had to know. after seeing that i put the jiffy pellet into a little jiffy pot filled withe the ocean forrest and lightly watered with distilled water. now that i think about i dont know why i didnt go to a normal bigger pot. kinda afraid to move it now.

i dont want this plant giant i really did this just to see if i could successfully grow my own. i shy away from people selling plus its cheaper this way if this works i will invest in real strains and try again.

pics will be up in a sec please tell me if i need more info or if anything im doing is going to potentially harm my plant

2012-12-13_09-15-32_772.jpg
day 2
2012-12-15_08-39-43_726.jpg
day 5
2012-12-11_19-27-23_640.jpg
my ghetto box

Sounds like a good start...........:thumb:

Hey buddy nice to see another budget grower. I am also on my first ever indoor grow. The first tip I would say is to tighten up the mylar on your walls, get it as smooth as possible for even light distribution. I would also suggest slowly lowering your cfl over the next couple of days untill you get it within a couple inches of the plant, then try and keep it as close as possible, shouldn't have to worry about burning the leaves with cfls unless they are left touching the bulb for hours. You may also want to invest in some more cfls if you can, especially before you consider flowering. Have you thought about low stress training later on in your grow it will help greatly? Looking good so far. Feel free to have a look at my journal, i'm also doing a cfl grow currently in the 3rd week of flowering.

Hey buddy nice to see another budget grower. I am also on my first ever indoor grow. The first tip I would say is to tighten up the mylar on your walls, get it as smooth as possible for even light distribution. I would also suggest slowly lowering your cfl over the next couple of days untill you get it within a couple inches of the plant, then try and keep it as close as possible, shouldn't have to worry about burning the leaves with cfls unless they are left touching the bulb for hours. You may also want to invest in some more cfls if you can, especially before you consider flowering. Have you thought about low stress training later on in your grow it will help greatly? Looking good so far. Feel free to have a look at my journal, i'm also doing a cfl grow currently in the 3rd week of flowering.

Thanks for the tips!! i was thanking about the mylar wasnt sure if it was gonna be a problem so yeah i'll straighten that. it was just annoying to work with. i currently have the lights about 2 inches away. i think moved it for the pics. i read that too far away and the plant will start reaching for light so i felt comfortable at 2in. as far as more cfls i plan to invest in 2 more 120 watt lights. please let me know if that is adequate for one plant along with the others. oh and possibly a mainly blue spectrum light if thats a good idea... ive tried to research low stress training but im having a problem completely understanding the process.

i really appreciate the info and thanks for stopping by. good luck on your grow! bout to head over to your journal

also if anyone has any tips on how to keep the plant short about 2-3 feet that would be great.

I would say low stress training is the best way to keep your plant short. If the cfls are kept close I would say you could sufficiently flower them with those as that would be around 300 watts. I'm pretty sure there is a guide on here for low stress training I will see if I can dig it up for you.

flowering once it gets to a foot tall should keep it under 3 feet as a plant typically doubles during it's stretch.

:peace:

I would say low stress training is the best way to keep your plant short. If the cfls are kept close I would say you could sufficiently flower them with those as that would be around 300 watts. I'm pretty sure there is a guide on here for low stress training I will see if I can dig it up for you.

flowering once it gets to a foot tall should keep it under 3 feet as a plant typically doubles during it's stretch.

:peace:

cool if you could find something that would great i'll look more into it myself also. thanks once again

Looking good so far. You may want to get your permanent pot ready for the transplant. That way you can have it ph'd and watered once before the big move. I'm in nearly the same stage with some Skunk.

Looking good so far. You may want to get your permanent pot ready for the transplant. That way you can have it ph'd and watered once before the big move. I'm in nearly the same stage with some Skunk.

Thanks! I was actually debating on moving it today but decided to do it tomorrow. I just only have like a one gallon pot... I'm not concerned about yield just a successful harvest for my first grow.

ok so it day seven no major changes still looking good though. i move her to a bigger pot with ff ocean forest hoping i want be too hot. but i thought this was gonna be her final pot for the lack of space but i did some searching found grow boxes out rubbermaid tubs from start to finish. sooooo off to walmart to gather supplies!!
2012-12-17_16-04-46_326.jpg
2012-12-17_16-06-19_590.jpg

Just finished the new box! Took bout an hr but done and im happy with it
2012-12-17_19-20-43_839.jpg
2012-12-17_19-21-13_108.jpg
i think it will house a 2foot plant just fine. There are 3 26 watt day time cfls up to for veg. Of course ill be adding the lights from the pc once i transfer the plant here. Once flowering comes ill sway the daylights out for proper spectrum. Im gonna drill holes in the top for other lights so i lower them to the plant. And this should be my last post for tonight. Oh of course ill be adding intake and exhaust fans

so its day8 just installed the fans on the new box and others lights but i still have more lights.. so all cfls 2 23watt daylight 1 120 watt general and 1 100 watt daylight. once its out of veg i'll make my 2700ks the dominant light.
2012-12-18_13-20-43_698.jpg
2012-12-18_13-20-34_485.jpg

Back
Top Bottom