First bloom box grow

DBOY101

lets throw out the guess work and headache of my house burning down because now i am the proud owner of a bcnl bloom box. thanks to some very helpful members i got this box for a great deal. this will be my first bloom box grow and my second time playing with hydro. so please stay tuned in and feel free to add any tips of comments.

list of products that i will be using

a. seeds
- chronic seeds- from morpheus seed bank, i only got 5 of these
- misty haze- a strain that my buddy made. cali mist x unknown haze (mostly sativa)
- i am looking for another strain to order after i get a hang of the box so if you have any suggestions let me know.

b. nutrients
-GENERAL HYDROPONICS flora series, i just have the micro, veg, and bloom bottles and hopeing someone can fill me in with some extra additives to mix with this product line

:thanks:

D24.jpg

D15.jpg

well things went just as i thought. none of the haze seeds even seemed to sprout,a couple of them split a little but never progressed. only two of the chronic split really fast, looks as tho i might get one or two more. it takes one strong queen to build the empire.
BB16.jpg

well i have been real busy and just got around to snapping a pic of my progress. these babies are way behind because i didnt start giving them juice till a week after they sprouted. but they have responded very well this week as i eased my way on full strentgh.i notice that the plants are very different from one another?
0302092236.jpg

These are growing in 8" pots with hydroton being top watered with hydroponic nutrients. this approach seems to be working fine for now, but i was thiinking of switching them to a differnt medium before they grow any bigger. my main goal is to grow them as mothers; just big enough to get five clones off each. any suggestions on this? am not sure of the sex but ill take a 50/50 chance.

finally my feminized mazar has arrived, this is way worth it vs. the time lost when males pop up. these will be filling the veg tub while the other two get big enough to clone.

You could veg them babies till they mature and show sex. This may take 4-8 weeks vegging. If you want to keep them as mothers you should be able to tell what sex they are by then. Here's an example

Preflowers, as opposed to full blown flowers, generally appear after the fourth week of vegetative growth from seed. Check carefully above the fourth node. Please note that preflowers are very small and and almost impossible to differentiate without magnification. A photographer's 10x loupe is handy indeed when examining preflowers.

As the images below demonstrate, the female preflower is pear shaped and produces a pair of pistils. Frequently, the female preflowers do not show pistils until well after the preflowers have emerged. Thus, don't yank a plant because it has no pistils. Pistillate preflowers are located at the node between the stipule and emerging branch.

Also, some female preflowers never produce pistils. A female preflower without pistils is difficult to distinguish from a male preflower. Thus, hermaphodite issues should not be resolved by the appearance of preflowers, without pistils, on a plant otherwise believed to be a female.

Female (Pistillate)

Female (Pistillate)

The male preflower may be described as a "ball on a stick." However, its most recognizable feature is its absence of pistils. Sometimes, a male plant will develop mature staminate flowers after prolonged periods of vegetative growth. These appear in clusters around the nodes.

The following image shows a male plant in early flowering. Staminate flowers are located at the node between the stipule and emerging branch.

Male (Staminate)

Author: Bongaloid

THANKS A LOT MS. FOX . LOOK AT THE PROGRESS OF THE MAZAR, ONLY ONE DAY OLD. DAMN THEESE GIRLS REALLY JUMPED UP IN ONE DAY.
W14.jpg

THE OTHER TWO ARE LOOKING HEALTHY ALSO
W23.jpg

IM ONLY DOING 5 PLANTS THE FIRST TIME AROUND. WOULD THIS BE A WASTE TO RUN THE HYDRO TUB? I PLAN TO TO CLONE THEM THEN DO A FULL LOAD NEXT ROUND.

damnnn its getting hot ass hell in the box. like 90 on the veg side when running the flower cycle also. i went ahead and sprouted three more mazar so i can do a full load first time around.

Hey there D Boy --

I don't think it would be a waste to run the hydro tub. I think you need to actually. I have a similar setup from BCNL and I came to realize that there really is no good fresh air intake (on mine anyway - and I think yours is the same). So, I may be wrong, but I think you need the airpump and the airstones as a way to keep fresh oxygenated air in the machine. Also - it will help the roots "reach" for the water/nutrients. They really really grow once the roots hit the oxygenated water/nute mix. I would recommend doing this as soon as you can even if the roots aren't peeking through yet, cuz my experience was that running the rez tub with airstones really made things grow.

Lastly, 90 degrees is a bit hot and may affect your plant health/growth. I would suggest finding a way to make your system run cooler. Do you have this in a closet or something pretty confined that makes it get that hot? I haven't had any real heat issues with mine, but then I'm able to let it breath a bit so to speak.

I'm pretty new to this, but have had good luck so far. Check out my journal if you want. If there is anything I can help with let me know - I feel like I've already learned quite a bit and would be happy to share. :peace:

xlr8

thanksfor the response xlr8. yes i believe you are correct about the pumps although my fan on the veg cab is intake and blows out through flower chamber. the plants seem to be getting plenty of air; the problem i am having is keeping temps under 90 during the middle of the day. i got the box in an avg. size room with a/c vents but the room gets hotter than the rest of the house. today the temps are ranging in the low mid 80's. prolly going to need a portable unit to cool the room because summer is coming and its going to be hott as hell.

What's worked for me is the basement - which in my home usually stays around 67 degrees farenheit. With good ventilation, it seems that mine will run about 7-10 degrees above the room temperature.

Another thought on running the hydro tub- before I started running it, I found that managing PH and nutrient strength is really tough to manage when you are talking about not using a larger reservoir and only hand watering - just my experience, you may not have the same issue.

Sounds like your air intake and exhaust is just a bit different on the Bloombox...

Good luck with your grow - I'll be following it!

wow. these ladies are really taking off in the hydro tub. the roots just started to show from the pots and are growing like crazy.i got the temps down to about 86 during the heat of the day;i will be picking up a portable a/c unit to run in the room. i want the temps to go no higher than 80, but the house unit just isnt doing the job.shit... its only march, i can only imagine its going to get hotter. ill post some pics soon.:bongrip:

Re: bloombox^mazar*chronic

well peoples i got to say this box is a great invention. i hope everything keeps going smoothly as it has been. heres a pic from earlier this evening. the two in the front are moving a little slow but have been progressed very fast when i put the air stone closer.
T11.jpg

a little more than two weeks in the tub, yea!!! these will be flowering at the end of the week.
N16.jpg
having a little problem with the p/h which i think is causing the discoloring of the leaf, also i started to see some leaves twisting. what do you think?
D25.jpg
these are the two chronic plants i ve had in the pots. i will be topping these tomorow and going to soil, they are starting to show bad signs.

my question
Is there a technique to keeping the p/h balanced inside this reservoir? at higher temps. does the water have a higher p/h? at lower temps is the p/h lower?

Back
Top Bottom