L4BW's First Box - Inconspicuous Grow

even if you dont get a PH meter you should get a PH kit. PH control is the key to ease of growing, in nature PH regulates itself with influxes of dead material and a constant presence of microorganisms and constant weather change. Without any sort of reference of PH now you may end up in a situation that requires much more effort later. spend the 6 dollars and get a PH test kit for watering and use that to test your run off. If you get to flower without one and issues develop you may have already dug a large hole for yourself.

IMG_20140225_220350_259.jpg

Here's a pic of my space, its about 22-23" w 16"deep about 20" available height, in hindsight my pot are way too big for my space. What I'm imagining is LST around the and just try to get a few colas .but this is all new to me so I'm kinda shootin in the dark . I don't know how each type of traning will affect the plants. All recommendations are considered .

nice! all sounds and looks good. your space looks great actually and those pots are the perfect size for that space. A lot of people want to cram as many plants as possible in one space, not realizing that less plants will grow and produce better with extra space than more plants will grow with less space, Make sense?

I would say let the first plant recover a but and then top it again which will give you a total of 4 main colas and should allow ample time for the other lower growth to get bigger forming a canopy.

The second one could use some time I would give it a few days as it seems that some of the large fan leaves were damaged in the FIM attempt. Wait for the next set of leaves to get established then trying topping it again only with very small sharp scissors. If you try to rip the node out or use dull scissors you may not get a clean cut and end up with damaged fan leaves.

If you look at my first grow I got a decent yield off of 5 plants and none were over 24"

IMG_20140307_071235_469.jpg
IMG_20140307_071259_769.jpg
IMG_20140307_071305_602.jpg
IMG_20140306_220245_293.jpg
Hey y'all update time.plants are doing well, I did some LST last weekend and they seem to have taken to it quit nicely. #1 has branched out alot and started to fill in the pot. #2 hasn't really branched out like #1 but I think she is also like a week behind her sister. Starting to see signs of pre-flowers so I should know in a week or two if these plants were a waste of time.

experience is priceless, for sure not a waste of time.

That LST looks awesome! If those side shoots start growing straight up you can top those and they will split into 2 just like the main cola. Lots of lucky grow vibes your way in hoping thats a female if so she will be a monster!

Ya I figured if I'm going to FUBAR anything get it all done the first run learn my mistakes and it should only get better from there, that the plan anyway.so far so good I think I have enough knowledge to produce some bud quality and quantity are yet to be determined so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for some decent smoke. Thanks for stopping by shrub.

IMG_20140312_214010_306.jpg
IMG_20140312_213927_732.jpg

Happy hump day guys /gals, this is the beginning of week 4 veg and the 7th week from seed.I may put them into flower in 2 more weeks depending on how much the growth continues and much I can tame them, in addition I don't know how the flowering stretch will affect it so I don't want to outgrow my pots or cabinet. At the moment #1(left) is laying 8-9" and #2(right) passed her cab mate and is 9-10". Have noticed that on # 1 the bottom branch has a thick knuckle at the base and is the same thickness as the 2 main stems. Let me know what u guys think as far as the time till flower. Thank in advance for any thoughts.

I dont have a good estimate for you as far as how they will stretch in flower after LST has been applied as I have not done that yet. My LSTd plant I released from LST when I realized it was an auto lol. But I would say give it another week of growth without stressing it further and you should be safe to switch to flower. How much vertical space do you have left with your lights at their highest?

IMG_20140514_221157_534.jpg
IMG_20140531_172019_069.jpg
IMG_20140531_213121_822.jpg

I can't lie I kinda forgot about my journal and when I did remember I had no motivation to post. But the grow has been completed successfully!! Dried weight was roughly 1-1.25oz and I did make the noob mistake of pulling early. The buds army terribly dense and the flavour could be better but its not terrible, as imagined the high is heady but it gets the job done. So moderators may move this to completed and I'm on my way with my next one.

nice solo cups I, red cups .Remember to make holes on the bottom :high-five: I have the same set up in florida. I use two 65 watt cll (pig tail style). 4 inches over the plaints. Lowes have reflector shades that work just fine . I have no problem with heat and can start 12 plants easly. Remember these plants stink when they start to get over 6 inches or show their sex. I did make a small mistake buying a 6000w hps light for my larger closet grow (six plant limit) with heat issues.The dimmer balest is turned to half so I do not bake them. Get rid of that soil when you transplant. I use peat moss and perlite. Walmart has that in stock. Remember you can order it on line. With that mix you start fresh of very little nutes. Other have slow releasing ferts and you could over feed. Have fun ,my troubles start at the 6 week with burn. I just started to learn to flush my plants. My bud matches my medical mary jane from maine.Growing is like wind surfing you never get it right off the bat.

Back
Top Bottom