First Grow. Phototron box.

imo, the important things in dwc are:

1)res temp
2)ph
3)nutes
4)do (dissolved oxygen)

the most common things that people do wrong are:

1)not pay attention to temp at all. a 3 dollar thermometer will do the trick, an it is absolutely necessary because you have an intense light right next to it. keep it under 75*F if you can. 68* is the target.
2)people misread meters, don't calibrate them right or often enough. don't pay enough attention.
3)nutes. people run too hot, dont flush the res and start fresh every week or two. IMO beneficial bacteria and fungus are a must for me. healthy plants start with healthy roots.
4)most people have sufficient bubbles in the res, but temperature is key. DO in the water varies inversely with temperature, so the hotter the water the harder it is for the roots to breathe. see #1.

beneficial B&F will help alot with #2 and #3 because they make the nutes available at wider ranges.

insulating the res with something like fiberglass would help keep it cooler.

any of that give you any ideas? dwc can be nice and easy if you can change your res easily and completely. and put some good stuff in there, and monitor it.

i honestly believe its because of the FF nutes. i think i will go to AN, or dutch masters next. it was my first shot at hydro and its still going now.

but yeah
1. i check res temp multiple times daily swap out 2 liters as needed. its cooled off around here about 75-80* temp in the closet as opposed to 80-90*. now my res stays around 77* and i drop it to around 72* its about the best i can do with the 4 2 liters i use.
2. i did misread my ppm meter. im trying to fix that now.
3. FF nutes in soil A++. in hydro D-. for me anyways. and i ran light as hell from misreading my ppm meter, i cant afford Benes right now. i wish i could though. i want some hygrozyme.
4.the temp should be good. the airstones should be good. oxygen shouldnt be the problem.

yes i need to insluate. but ill do that when i can. so idk whats your opinion?/

The two best additives, are Hydrogaurd and Hygrozime. The hydrogaurd is simply a set of aerobic bacteria that displace harmful bacteria and fungus. The hygrozime is the only enzyme product that is sterile, that is it does not have the risk of adding unwanted bacteria that can really mess up your system. It takes any dead plant matter and breaks it down into compounds that can be used by the plant. In other words, if root rot starts, this will remove the material that would breed bad bacteria and fungus and will prevent it from spreading... it know its expensive, but it's worth it! The hydrogaurd is cheaper. Other then that, keep the temp as cool as you can and you should do well.

idk why noone thinks this thread is still going i just updated on the 6th. lol its almost axetime though. all trichs are still clear. im thinking 2 more weeks of nutes, 1-2 weeks just water, due to cant flush, and then let it dry out.

the yellowing leaves i thought came from the flush? or does the plant use the N or what???

lol, i was thinking of munki's aborted phototron journal. I never saw this in your sig before. sorry about the confusion. . . also i was so stoned when i was talking about your dwc setup, sorry, i knew where you were at with that, i just didn't put 2 and 2 together. lol.

oh its all good, theres been more than you, who ask me if this is going still.

but i do have a question, is a 10x magnifying glass strong enough? i can see trichs quite good, however, they all still appear clear, but the calyxes are starting to swell up

lol, i was thinking of munki's aborted phototron journal. I never saw this in your sig before. Sorry about the confusion. . . Also i was so stoned when i was talking about your dwc setup, sorry, i knew where you were at with that, i just didn't put 2 and 2 together. Lol.

:grinjoint:

weedy, i dont really think 10x is strong enough (unless you're geordi laforge). . . you know what you can do for cheap???

go to a toy store, and buy a little kids microscope. best 20 bucks you'll ever spend. you'll get addicted to cutting of a little sugar leaf and inspecting the tric's.

Looking great! the girls seem to be growing fast and pushing out. Im getting excited to see your harvest. Hope all goes well and cant wait for a pic update soon. Roll on:rollit:

oh its all good, theres been more than you, who ask me if this is going still.

but i do have a question, is a 10x magnifying glass strong enough? i can see trichs quite good, however, they all still appear clear, but the calyxes are starting to swell up

I've heard that you need at least 30x magnification to see them well. This radio shack one does 60x to 100x and is cheap. Ordered mine on the web and was about $20 shipped.

Radio Shack Microscope

personally i hate that r. shak loupe. real tough to use IMO. i would totally go with something on a stand so you can put it down, focus, and really look at them and count some to get an idea of a real ratio of colors.

sorry fluroman, they work good for some folks, my boy uses one, i hate trying to use it when i visit him.

i have a scope my boy uses. no idea what it is or who made it. but it says WF10x on it
I can see trichs good. some are hazy. most are clear still though. when should they start changing?

also, when should the plant start using up the N? as all my leaves are still green as can be. i pull off loose/dead leaves as required. but all the leaves are green, so idk

Looking great! the girls seem to be growing fast and pushing out. Im getting excited to see your harvest. Hope all goes well and cant wait for a pic update soon. Roll on:rollit:

thanks bud and yeah i cant wait to see the harvest. whats your guys idea of yeild?

im putting my guess at a half dried.

I'll keep my eye out for that new journal. Thanks!

JC

thanks i started it, ill be moving my clones grow to that thread. hopefully the "400w HPS" in the thread title will attract more people. lmao. this thread always has the same couple regulars, who i appreicate alot that they stick around. not to mention after i crop the tron, it will no longer be me "first grow, phototron" anymore ya know.:grinjoint:

ok my girl was here today, i managed to get a couple pics, and i also have some shittier quality pics from my phone. so bare with me. the ones of the tron are all pretty good.

0915091708a.jpg

0915091708.jpg

0915091707b.jpg

0915091707.jpg

0915091707a.jpg

heres the link to my new journal for the clones, also it will be my attempt at a continuous grow.
weedys closet 400w HPS/250w MH

Wow that looks like a great bud from a Phototron. I almost wish I grew out my plants in my tron ... well almost! :winkyface:

Back
Top Bottom