First bloom box grow

Welcome florida bud. I am going to be moving to the flower tub tonight. I just need to finish building the screen for i am doing a scrog. I realized everyone else seems to have height issues using this box. My first time trying this so we'll see what happens . I will post pics once i get everything done.

so i finished making my screen, and moved to flowering. i think this will work just fine.... i put the screen about 14" above the res.
k13.jpg

it was a bit of a challenge moving these from the veg tub. my roots were all grown together. next time i think i should move them earlier, i was pushing four weeks.

tomorow i will be purchasing an additive for for my base nutrients. the guy at the hydro store recomended a product called "floralicious plus."

i am looking for advice on treating my ladies for calcium and magnesium deficiencies. one plant it really showing the brown spotting as i saw in the problem solver

ms. fox my p/h has been at 6.0-6.5. i try to lower the p/h but i feel as though it keeps going back just a few hours after i lower it. why is it that when i mix my nutrients before putting it in the res. the meter will read 5.8 and just a few hours after being in the res. it will rise to 6.5. so im begining to believe higher temps then the p/h will be higher? i am going to freezing some water bottles to leave inside the res. and see if there is a change.

i believe that this is the cause of my problem also, i will continue with the feeding schedule because things are starting to look a little bettter under the hps.:smokin:

I CHANGED THE RES. YESTERDAY. SO HERES A PIC OF MY FIRST WEEK IN FLOWERING. THESE LADIES ARE REALLY TAKING OFF
M112.jpg

SO I GOT SOME PICS OF MY SICK PLANT. BUT THINGS ARE STARTING TO CLEAR UP IN THE NEW GROWTH.
M310.jpg

THIS IS THE NEW GROWTH
M212.jpg

MS. FOX IVE BEEN WATCHING THE P/H BETTER. MY DAMN METER WAS MESSED UP.I KEPT ADDING PH LOWER AND NOTHING WAS CHANGING. SO I WHIPPED OUT THE OLD LIQUID TEST KIT AND MY P/H WAS EXTREMELY LOW. I GOT IT WORKING NOW, AND THE P/H HAS BEEN BETWEEN 5.5 AND 6.0.

i am looking for advice on treating my ladies for calcium and magnesium deficiencies. one plant it really showing the brown spotting as i saw in the problem solver

Supplemental cal/mag (epsom salts)?

I'm also thinking with the others that it could be a pH issue causing nutrient lockout.

Greetings, DBOY and all. Love your box with pretty green inside. Recomend immediate tucking that aggresive growth back under your screen. Big battle with it from now on. Those girls can take it- manhandle them. I hope you've gone to 12s already. I use the same basic GH series you have. I add a pinch epsom salt to a small res, like you have. Don't go much over 13-1400 ppm. I buy RO. Good luck.

thanks gator. i tied the first two down to the screen with string, this seems to be working. i will try the weaving method on the others that havnt crossed the screen. i forgot to add that i came across advanced sensi nutes, and have been using this throughout the grow. possibly compare to GH on the next time around. today i took four clones from my ladies, andput them in a soil hydroton mix. these will be going in the closet.

i finally finished installing the a/c unit in my extra room so now the temps are sitting really nice.it was a real pain in the ass to install this unit. but now i got tons of extra space to play with
r21.jpg

hmm. looks like i missed some caulking.

Kudos DBOY, on getting right on that screen thing. As they stretch up into and during flower time, you'll prolly scratch your whatever wondering what to do with all the growth. OOh yeah, aggressive growth. Give new stem a day or two and those built in hemp fibers will quarrell over where they're gonna go. Look through some of the other BBox grow journals. They've been there, done that and offer you the T-shirt. Scrog grows too, dynomite! You prolly done all that already so I'm redundant. I'm old and need to repeat good stuff to remember and misery loves company. Good night I am ready for nursies majic preparation.

thanks gator. i tied the first two down to the screen with string, this seems to be working. i will try the weaving method on the others that havnt crossed the screen.

Ordinarily I'd think you'd want to pull all vegetative growth down under the screen and only eventually allow the buds to grow up through it (kind of the purpose).

But I've never used one of those boxes. You can't lower the light in them can you?

Not being able to raise light is the issue. Not now but in a week or two. I've pondered pointlessly with a 72" vertical limit. Water Farm units have height. Too much sativa influence and/or veg growth contributed. Short DWC pans are one good step. Co-operative genetics will be another. A happy SOG shouldn't need to be flogged. The screen itself is like a chair backing up the city gate when the invading army has you under siege. I've pruned light-burnt colas that just wouldn't stop pushing up. I have no doubt allowed high temps in the canopy to help confound me. When besieged, the best steps may no longer be an option. Every grow is a learning opportunity and unless insufficient airflow helps mold to destroy your growth, you will get something to burn. Hope I'm helping more than hurting.

lo

man in just a few days the ladies have been really stretching, and drinking lots.
C110.jpg

i am going to veg these clones in the box then put then in the closet to flower. Along with the two chronic plants in the front.
C210.jpg

i just couldnt help but to take a couple more clones this afternoon. i am determined to make my investment back as soon as possible.

ms. fox i was thinking about tossing out the chronic plant that looks really burnt. this plant even before i topped it gave me tons of problems from seed. i think this was a mutant, because it doesnt look anything like the others that i grew. but i will give it a chance to recoop.

i have been using GH nutes to feed my ladies in soil. i was told that GH nutes are good for hydro or soil. is this correct? or should i look into changing to something else. possibly i was thinking of going all organic. any recommendations please add.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom