Kraw420's First 420 Magazine Grow Log 2014 - 1 Tent - Dual 600's and a Bloombox

I'll be watching your Ultimate Purple closely, I've got one in veg now so it'll be good to compare :) Those little dome cups are cute, I like em:) Oh & enjoy your GWS, it looks super frosty

I'll be watching your Ultimate Purple closely, I've got one in veg now so it'll be good to compare :) Those little dome cups are cute, I like em:) Oh & enjoy your GWS, it looks super frosty

Thanks man they dome cups work great too, perfect for clones and germination. How far along is your Ultimate Purple?
I am glad you are doing them as well, will be very good to compare and see how they are doing. Are you using LED?

I can't remember when I popped the seed without trawling through my journal but it's about 7 nodes & 10 or 12" tall. I've just given it it's second heavy defol so she looks naked :) I'm veging her under my TopLED 96x3 & will flower her under the Osram LED's.
I've never grown it before but it sounded amazing in the description so I had to get it :) I've got another seed to start for the BID grow too

So I have been super busy the last 5 days trying to keep my head above buds. My medium I am using primarily Peat Based holds water well but the Chemdogs love to drink and have been drying up the soil requiring watering everyday. To counter this and save me some time I built an Auto-Irrigation System that can handle up to 8 plants simultaneously. I have been dialing in the perfect run times and have it narrowed down to either 1 or 2 minute run time at lights on. I tried 3 and this would mean the medium would be water logged constantly, so obviously it was too much. I am running 1 minute run time now so I will keep a close eye on the medium conditions and see if it requires further adjusting.
Auto-Irrigation System
So this sytem I designed consists of a 68 Litre resevoir but I am only using 7 gallons (roughly a weeks worth), a sub-pump (264 GPH), an 8 way manifold, 1/4" irrigation tube, 2 way air pump, 2 large air stones, and irrigation spikes. I am only using the system at 50% capacity currently feeding 4 plants as I dial it in.

In addition to the said above, I purchased some shelving to hold the many supplies a grower requires to help stay organized and be the most efficient and productive I possibly can. Cleanliness and staying organized are 2 major factors I preach.
I will have pictures of the system and new shelving tomorrow as a quick update.
Thank you.
Kraw420

As promised a few pictures I took quickly.

Firstly the shelving I bought to get more organized.
IMG_170711.JPG

IMG_170811.JPG

Auto Irrigation System
IMG_171215.JPG

This is the 8 way manifold
IMG_171413.JPG

The drip stakes
IMG_171316.JPG

So tonight I am making a batch of CannaOil Brownies, I can't wait for this!
As always pictures will follow.

I mentioned I ordered some fabric root bags, they finally came in.
I will give them a go and see if I like them.
IMG_170116.JPG

Just remember youll have to watch them in my other journal!

Antics, it is a 6 inch inline Hydro Farm fan capable of 474 CFM, more than enough for nmy tent. I love it, the activated carbon really filters the smell, I do need to replace my carbon inside the filter though as the smell is starting to come through. I exhaust outside for heat reduction reasons so I can afford to have some stink come through.

Ill have them tomorrow at the latest!
Brownies are super potent! I chopped up 10 grams of freshly harvested chemdog for two batches of brownies.

Nice grow kraw!

I like your bloombox, I might have to look into one of those lol.

DONT!!

I own a BCNL Producer and its not worth the 3300 plus taxes and shipping (i didn't pay full tax cause i lied about where i lived haha they gave me 5% tax for living in "alberta" haha. I also didn't pay shipping cause i live a 35 min drive from BCNL warehouse!)

These boxes state you can grow "x" amount of plants (depending on which model you get), but what they dont take into consideration is how packed those boxes get with plants if you have too many inside.

My "Producer" model supposedly can do 18 plants to harvest. But i'm having troubles keeping 5 plants under control in here!

Definitely a good investment if you wanna run a SOG with small clones, but again, too many plants and you will have a poor harvest full of whispy popcorn buds cause the canopy is too thick and light cant penetrate to lower buds. The top colas will be nice, but thats about it.

I plan to only run 2 plants in my "Producer" next run. One plant under each 400w HPS i have in the box.

FOR THE RECORD

I DO like this grow box. However, the fact that its only a few inches off the ground, leaves you lying on the floor to look at the stalk of your plant, or to try and defoliate below the canopy, or to try and move around the drip emitters. Its a PITA!

Another thing that i actually really like, is how everything is automated. Every parameter in the box can be reprogrammed and changed.

Lighting schedules can be changed to come on/off at different times, you can add or remove waterings from the watering schedule. Change how long the water pumps runs for. You can change what time the water pump comes on at, if you prefer your plants being watered at specific times of the day, you can change it to that if you so please.

I would strongly suggest using the hydro system that they come with (if you DO decide to ever get one of these Grow Boxes) because of its ease of use.

The only thing you have to do is maintain a live environment. Make sure you use beneficial bacteria products such as Great White, Gen Hydro's SubCulture-M, Myco-Grow water soluble mycorrhizae etc.

But make sure, for the love of all things cannabis, that if you grow in hydroponics, Use Botanicare's Hydroguard (or Aquashield. same thing pretty much) You wont run into a single root issue if using this product and it will have you loving the rapid vegetative growth of hydroponics!

The height is really a negative point of these boxes! BCNL reps will tell you that growing smaller plants is better.. they dont know what they are talking about when they say this. It is WAY harder to maintain a small plant than it is a giant chonger, plus you get hardly any product from growing midget plants!!

Big plants are easier to determine nutrient lock outs and deficiencies as the smaller plants can be more easily affected by an issue that may only affect the lower part of a big plant. But since they're so small, the problem can spread to the rest of the plant so quickly and cause many problems.

Kraw was just like me.. Bought a BCNL grow box and was like "shit... i need some more space!! Better get a tent!!"

Looking back on things.. i wish i had saved my $4000 and got the tent to begin with!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom