First bloom box grow

Some strains need to be "nursed". They have a tendency to be overly sensitive. Lol... Don't get rid of her yet. Sometimes the ugliest plants turn around and surprise you. Consider it good practice. Just cut the nutes back for those. I used two separate nute solutions once, because I had the same issue. Yes, GH can be used for soil too.

i just couldnt help but to take a couple more clones this afternoon. i am determined to make my investment back as soon as possible.

Lol when people find out how easy it is to clone... It's really hard to stop, isn't it? Way back when I once got to the point where I'd given everyone that could use them more than they wanted. And I had little plants everywhere. And I had more. So I started calling people.

"We don't need any more, thanks."
"Nope, don't have room."
"Sure I told you I'd take extra when I got ready to plant outdoors but, like... Have you not noticed that there's still SNOW on the ground?!?"
"Well, maybe - if a bunch of these last ones you gave us die or something."
"Do I know you? <CLICK>"

ms. fox i was thinking about tossing out the chronic plant that looks really burnt. this plant even before i topped it gave me tons of problems from seed. i think this was a mutant, because it doesnt look anything like the others that i grew. but i will give it a chance to recoop.

i have been using GH nutes to feed my ladies in soil. i was told that GH nutes are good for hydro or soil. is this correct? or should i look into changing to something else. possibly i was thinking of going all organic. any recommendations please add.:thanks:
Listen to Ms. Fox, she knows. Sometimes the weirdest kids turn out to be President. Of course they often turn out like... ME lol, but you never know until you let 'em grow.

She's also right about the GH. Great in water or dirt. It's being used (for FOOD crops(!) on every continent including Antarctica - and in space - right now. Been around longer than a few of its customers I bet (barely, but still).

When you've optimized all the variables necessary for growth, GH Flora won't let you down. Hemp varieties don't ask much, and great results are often attributed inaccurately to something fancy, expensive and do little harm- or good. Fundementals count. Get them right first, then later with the fancy, schmancy tricks. DBOY, if you don't get control of your grow now, you'll have regrets later. Getting all of that green stuff under your screen now is what I'm talking about. No it will not be pretty. When big buds are what emerge through that screen, and become a wavy carpet, then you're gonna see pretty. Weaving is a misnomer. Just get them under your screen, to a open space while you have it, and they will weave themselves. Prolly I should cancel this post, cause you're going to learn what you learn and all the journals of box/cab grows have pictures and details. Thankyou for your pix and details.

I noticed you have tin foil over the mesh pots u dont use. I found it better to fill them with hydroton, and let the drippers drip through them. Just my oppinion. On the other note its looking good. You might have unleashed a new idea for these boxes doing scrog. Keep up the great work!!

ahhhhh!!!! this mourning i was trying to tuck the biggest ladies under the screen and "snap" goes my main stem. gosh damnit i was pissed. it didnt snap all the way so i left it and wrapped a band aid around it.

should i just remove the top half and let it regrow, or will the plant recover its injury?

Should recover, sounds like "supercropping". If it wilts and shrivels, D&C it, but don't give up on it too soon. I feel a little of your pain as I had insisted you do what you did and still hope you got done. Similar fine SOG or SCROG results in your box could start with one or a dozen individuals. You want a deep solid carpet of flowers, and few grows look like that. The happy results most get are way more chaotic and irregular, but pleasing with the weight and quality. Keep after them fearlessly and bend'em when they're still soft. Post pix and growers who know more than me will advise. Bandaids are good, they hide the problem and give you a chance to calm down and be rational. Fire up your bong and fugedeboudit- after you post a pix.

just got home for work and checked on these ladies. the plant shows no wilting. i have been finding it easier to bend the main stem with string insted of weaving it, so i dont run into this problem again. the smaller branches weave much easier. i notice they are starting to weave by themselves as you said gator.

all of them have reached the screen now. the tallest in the back the stem that snapped.
A210.jpg

i will give it a few days till i remove the band aid. i was trying to bend it under that wooden dowel.
A111.jpg

here is the weaving of the smaller stems.
A35.jpg

Can't remember if anyone has mentioned but the screen is not for weaving, it is for keeping ALL of the plants under it (not in and out and in and out but under). Trick is that when the buds are forming you hopefully have a bud site at each hole and you let the buds grow up through the holes. At that point you would traditionally raise your light as needed but in a BB of course the light is stationary. If done right the canopy is so dense that bud sites below the screen can't get any light and are generally removed (leave the leaves as any light at all that hits a leaf is energy) - but that's ok because you'd have a nice bud growing up from each and every hole.

But it can take a few grows to get a feel for filling the screen without overfilling or leaving "empty holes."

Oh, and it might be too late to help you with this cycle, but a little bloom fertillizer early on tends to help keep the stems more flexible.

Well since this is my first round with the scog i am going to do a little experimenting with each plant and find a good method for this bloom box. Being able to move this light would be a great advantage, but would be exeeding the expectation for this machine. This is absolutley a great invention, which i have mentioned repeatedly. combining the time factor and sweat i saved buying this machine was well worth it, and did i mention i got an awesome deal on this machine. they left it in good hands, i will definately be holding on to this. definatley not the newest box but it is a bloombox indeed. i am ending this now because the blunt is rolled, im ready to burn, and im out to hit the town. everyone enojoy the weekend!!:ganjamon:

happy 420 to all. i have been holding onto this nugg for a month. gosh da,n it was hard not to go pinching some off. i cant wait to get off, and twist up.:smokin:

i changed my res. last night and going on my thrid week of flowering. i also hooked up the co2 last night . man this box really filled up quick.

Looking great so far. I'm following closely and hoping to learn from your experimentation (I have a BCNL box too and have similar space challenges). Good luck on the rest of your grow.

Tortured, just out of curiosity... would it be smart for him to do something like LSTing his plants to get em growing horizontally under the screen with all the lil top-like buds growing up thru? (not this grow) but something for him to experiment with next time

i think doing LST before the plant reached the top of the screen would have made it easier to grow them horizontally under the screen rather than on top of the screen like what happened in my case. just part of the learning experience i suppose.

i will post some pics tonight. i am so busy this month, i just cant keep up with the growth of these ladies.

Tortured, just out of curiosity... would it be smart for him to do something like LSTing his plants to get em growing horizontally under the screen with all the lil top-like buds growing up thru? (not this grow) but something for him to experiment with next time

Hmm. I dunno. I always started training as soon as the plant reached the screen - or rather, as soon as a tip had grown an inch or so through one of the holes - by pulling it back through and moving it to a hole that was farther away. That meant the plant wasn't long enough to stick up through that hole. So the plant would grow another inch the next day and I'd pull it back through and move it to a farther hole. So the plant would grow...

I also gave them a bit of flowering nutrients when they first started growing and a tiny amount during their vegetative phase. That, combined with daily training, seemed to keep the stems quite flexable. Which was a good thing because the first couple of times I tried the Scrog method I ended up with several tips converging on a corner that had already been filled <WHOOPS!> and pulled about half the plant out of the screen and re-did it. Which turned a 10-minute GR visit into an hour and a half.

I don't know why they call it LST, I got quite stressed a couple of times.:ganjamon:

But that was mostly do to me not paying attention to what I was doing and having to backtrack a bit. Or once when I had my arm fully extended into the jungle under the screen, trying to reach a certain tip to move it, and suddenly realized that I'd somehow gotten my watch caught and was kind of stuck for a bit. I didn't want to just yank for all I was worth. I doubt that I'd have seriously harmed the plant - by that time, most of the primary and secondary branches were thicker than my fingers and about half of the tertiary ones were thick as pencils (LONG vegetative period lol) - but I was kind of fond of that watch and didn't want to lose it for the next eight and a half weeks.

BtW, how much distance have you got between the top of your reservoir and your screen? I experimented with less, but generally went with 14" because if I placed the screen any closer I ended up REALLY having trouble getting my arms deep into it to adjust things. I felt that any greater distance would have been wasting the plant's energy since with a well-filled screen there isn't enough light getting through it to support any undergrowth.

these ladies are looking just fine, and starting to bud!!.
N23.jpg

i know the screen didnt workout. but i understand better for next time; hopefully i will have more free time.
N17.jpg

the two that were having troubles have some good looking new growth.

buds!buds!buds!!! theyre looking so sexy. when i open the cabinet i am overwhelmed with the smell of success:slide: just one more month.:cheer:

man these trees are just climbing their way to the top. almost at the top of the box already. i cant wait to start the next round and practice the scrog again. the only issue about using the screen in the box is being able to reach the plants in the back. the box really getts filled up, and hard to work around.

i am going to transplat the clones next week and prolly flower them in another two-three weeks. i am trying to time it just right so i have some ladies to put back in the box just after the first harvest. sent a few clones out to my buddies farm where they will have unlimited grow potential. i cant wait to see how big these will get!

F!@#S@#$@D@#$ i forgot to shut the f@#$@#$ drain valve and all 5 gal in the damn carpet. when i touched the carpet with my hands i was eletricuted like helll@!!!!!!F!#$!@#$%!@$ that hurt so baddd. for all you bloombox users make sure that valve is shut because you will have one hell of a mess to clean. and unplug the machine before you touch any of the water because i was seeing stars after that one.

Glad you lived through the experience!

GFCI outlets are a GOOD thing.

Now... How much do those things cost again? They don't have any kind of LOUD leakage warning? Such a thing wouldn't cost much for them to add.

Back
Top Bottom