Another Bloombox journal! M-39

DrBallard

Hey, fellow potheads.
This is going to be my first grow. I'm buying the Bloombox this afternoon and I know it could have been much cheaper to build one myself but I don't have neither the time or the skills to build one as nice as that.
Ok, I'll be using M-39 since it's the strain I can get my hand on and it's pretty easy to grow. For those who don't know, it's pretty much the comemrcial strain on the streets in Ontario/Quebec. Of course my M-39 will be grown with much more love... :slide:
I'll try to use the SCROG technique.

Well pretty much, my point of reference will be Profit's journal!
... just with a different strain!

I hope to hear your precious comments and hints guys.
I'll be posting pictures very soon!
DrB.

Re: Another Bloombox journal! JACK

*SIGH*
Wow.
It was an awful day... really.
First, I had to go get the money ar a desk in an institution since we can only withdraw 1000$ a day at the "guichet". I moved here a couple months ago but I try to do every transaction over Internet so I had no clue where the closest bank was. Little google map, and there, there's one in the hospital close by. The lady at the reception desk first sent me at the cafeteria where there was only a ATM. No, I need the DESK with a LIVING person please.
Oh. Bloc 9.
It's a children hospital. I ended up wandering for 15 mins in those corridors loaded with sick children. I was clearly not fitting in the picture.
After that, I picked my empty Co2 tank and hauled it to the subway station, where I met my girlfriend. We arrived safely at the rental after a 20 mins walk. Of course, they didn't have any minivan, pickups or small cubes left. Only the big 17feet cube. Great, I never drove those and it was soon to hit peak traffic hour. At that moment, I still didn't have the money for the BB. After a 35 mins drive, I arrived at the house where I was to pick up the box. It was a house pretty much into the woods. I did a daring manoeuvre to place the van properly to pick the box from the garage, but I s*ck driving those things and got stuck in the snow. After nearly 30 mins of shoveling, finally. I went inside to try a paiement over internet from account to account, but didn't work: needed two days to clear the transfer. Damn.
The person was very nice and offered to show me the way to the closest bank. After another short drive, we arrived and...
Yeah, it was closed. By 30 minutes.
Luckily, the receptionnist was still around and she was kinda enough to do the transfer for us. Hurray!
On the way back, we wasted so much time that I didn't have time to stop to fill up the co2 tank, which was very close to the bank I was at. My girlfriend was late for work. And she's was way late. So I rushed back into the taffic, with an empty tank of Co2 which i carried around for nothing.. So.. Almost over.
After being stuck in the 5pm traffic with that huge cube, I called a friend to come help me unload it.
Ok, standard door, 32 inches right.
Width of the BB, 28.
A nice comfortable 4 inches, no??
Nah, we removed the wires at the back, still missed about 1mm, no more. Since we were freezing outside and working without gloves like idiots, I cut myself on the box and didn't notice... so now it's covered with blood stains. We try to remove the door, too tight.
Next step: remove the door. That worked. But of course, the battery of the drill had to die on us.
Well now it is finally in there and MUCH bigger than I expected. Forget about the stealth! It's HUGE!
Here I am, exhausted with a bloody bloombox, but damn I'm glad I've got it! :slide:
I'm sure the rest of the journey is gonna go much smoother... and the result... well damn!

I'll be growing jack instead of m-39 now, since I have a friend who got clones and well, he's the best at what he does.

I'll the journal updated with pictures soon!
Take care!

PS: Sorry for those french words I was too lazy to lookup.

Crazy story man good to hear you are doing well. Hope to see some pictures up soon with the bloombox going!

pulling up a chair for this one.. Can't wait to hear another opinion on the bloombox before i take the expensive plunge into buying one.

Re: Another Bloombox journal! JACK

All right!
My friend just left, and he brought 3 massive plants he's been vegging for a while.
I wanted to reduce one plant to a bunch of clones and try the 2 other plants in the flowering, but the bloombox offers such a nice environment for the plants that he's going to bring in 6 more to fill in the empty space :slide:

Here's the clones...
Just a little reminder, it is JACK and not M-39 as the topic mentions.

He's the 2 big plants and the .. er... the one I took 16 clones off her.

And... I bought it used, it's the old control planel!

For the nutrients, I had the stuff that came with the older version, so I don't have everything Profit has..
20l 6.4ph
Sensibloom A 45ml
SensiBloom B 45ml
Big Bud 10g

Thats it.. but my friend told me to add some molasse as a nutrient, guess I'll try it.

So... now it's time for some growing!!! The other 6 plants will be coming on wednesday, so I'll keep it updated!
More pictures to come!

Any comments on the plants by the way? Too much, too short for flowering?

Have a great night!

DrB.

All right, now the bloombox has been running for hum... about 16 hours.
It's working very well, but my only concern is the water level in the flowering tank.
The roots are supposed to be IN water?
and the little tube that should drop water... are they supposed to be working all the time? because when I came in there was 1inch of water in the tank and... no water dripping.
Hope someone can clarify my confusion...
Thanks!
DrB.

Hey there DrBallard.Loving the journal so far.Murphy's Law can be a pain eh?
As far as your problem with your hoses I have no idea but I did find the user manual for it if that helps you at all.
Good luck,I'll be tuned in for this journey. ;)

Growco Hydroponics - Error

I found this tidbit of info browsing the manual:

Vegetative Irrigation Pump (ECO Plus 66)
An 66-gph pump is used to propel the nutrient mixture through the drip lines. The pump will cycle on twice per day for 5 minutes. To manually override your pump simply push the water rocker switch up; the water pump will run for 20 minutes before the safety override engages. This is also how you drain your reservoir to change your nutrients weekly.
The drip lines in this chamber are on a restricted drip system with the emitters provided on the end of the drip line. There is also a flow adjustment switch located on the side of the pump. The irrigation system is programmed to come on every morning from 8:45am to 8:50am and 4:20pm to 4:25pm, allowing your plants to soak up all the water they need for day before the sun (your veg bulb) begins its daylight schedule. This 5 minute watering period ensures your root ball is thoroughly flushed of all salt buildups that may occur.

All right! The 6 other babies are in.

Here they are :slide:
Sorry about the poor lightning, I'll try to work out something better on next update.

Here are the roots... I must admit I'm somewhat worried about the 5 mins dripping system, the little beads seem dry and the tip of the roots are in water... that's normal?

...and here's a close up of a plant which I'm not sure it's an hermaphrodite... any clues?

By the way, thanks a lot Minus for the reply, it was helpful!

More updates coming soon!

Cool man!Glad it was of use to you.Looking good.
I don't know a whole lot about those boxes but after reading a bit they sure seem sweet! ;)

Thanks for the reply Minus.

After some research, it seems that they used to say 40L for the flowering tank, but they recently changed it to 20L.

Well here's my tank with 40L:

Here are the plants, at week 2 flowering:

and here's a close-up :)

Feel free to ask any question!
It's going pretty well so far in my opinion...
I must remind that the center plant was badly traumatized due to the fact I did 16 clones off her.
Yet, she's getting better everyday :)

DrB.

Wow those are looking real good, and the bloom box looks like it is so easy

Back
Top Bottom