Another Bloombox journal! M-39

Yea OK ...Do u know if your unit has a digital ballast ?Because when i got my producer i thought it was coming with digital ballasts but when i got it it turned out being the regular type ballasts..And mine has the blue buttons to...

Hey there Dr -

Just wanted to say great job on the grow so far, they look awesome - nice, healthy and green!

I have the smaller BCNL box - "Roommate" and am in my first grow right now with it.

Keep up the great growing! Sorry I can't help with your question, but I'm also looking forward to suggestions you receive on this...

Thanks Xlr8 and good luck to you too with the growth!

Here's some more updates...
They are about 4 inches from reaching the top of the box, should I put a screen??
There are SO many leaves... so bushy... but all the leaves look healthy so I don't really feel like trimming them. Any hints on that? I really feel they could use some more space..

On this one I did a little "pinching" since it was higher than the rest... bad decision or not?

All right thanks for the feedback!
DrB.

Nice looking crop.

Your trimming question....IMO, you should do some trimming. Remove any browning leaves. You can also remove some of the sun leaves. (ones with a leaf, single branch to the stalk). Be careful not to remove to many as obviously the leaves are the factory of your plant. I feel your frustration with the lack of room these boxes provide.
These boxes are not mass cultivation rather hobby growing for personal consumption.

I didn't pinch my current crop because I just started experimenting with my Bloombox but I plan to next round for sure. I was more concerned with nutes, water levels, ventilation, etc, this first round.
I am not sold on the lack of fresh air intake these BCNL boxes have. I plan on modifying mine with proper air intake and some internally mounted fans to move some air around.

Look forward to your end results.... keep sharing.

Thanks a lot for the feedback... you gave me hope! haha
I just did a big trim... I would say about 50-60 bud sites showed up over night!
I removed about 50% of the fan leaves... I hope they won't turn to hermies
Here's what it looks like now...

I'm having a hard time getting nice close up picture with my camera...
DrB.

^ Why are you going to smoke leaves?

I agree... The bloombox does not have sufficient room for a full house. It's very frustrating. You have to pretty much start flowering at 4" to have enough room for the plants to grow in the flowering chamber. At 4" they aren't even close to coming into maturity, which seems like a waste IMO. Your grow looks great so far. They look very healthy. Good work!

Thank you Ms. Fox!

******ALERT!!!!!!**** ***ALLLEERRRRTTTT!!!!!***

Did I get your attention? I think I have an hermie!!!
I read that a lot of trimming/topping could cause an alteration in a plant's metabolism and turn a female into a male, so... an hermaphrodite.
Initially, I did 16 clones out of a plant, and still, I kept my handicapped plant and tried to flower it.
It didn't grew as big as the others, but still, it looked ok.
Since my other plants are starting to flower, I took a closer look at my handicapped plant (let's call him/her Timmy).
So here's a picture of Timmy..
You can clearly see how bushy it was PRIOR to cloning... then only a couple of long slim stems grew

This doesn't look very female to me...

and the weirdest part!!!!!!!!!
BROWN ROOTS!
Ever seen that? Yes I did put a bit of molasse, but all my other roots stayed white.

Honestly, I did my homework, but I never SAW an hermie...
Advises could really, really be helpful here.
Thanks.
DrB.

I can't clearly tell if you have a hermie, looks good from pics, unless you see balls hanging from somewhere or a plethora of banana leaves you are okay.

Instead of snapping the top if they get too tall just bend them over, if you snap the tops to keep them from growing up you will just hurt your yield at this point, you are too far into flowering, the plants will not recover from that in time.

Brown roots?? Sorry but the only thing I know that does that is root rot, you may want to change out your water before the other plants get affected.

Dont panic, I am sure that the super-smart-growers in there will help you! I dont do hydro and I cant help you with a Hermi, but it could be a good thing. it could pollinate your girls and make all their seeds fem. Just relax, there are people here to help you.

hello. DrBallard.
Nice setup.
Your pic doesn't quite look like a male. But, I would keep an eye on it.
As for the brown roots; it could be root rot, or some kind of build up.
It might be a good idea to just get rid of it. Especially if you are trying to perfect the M-39 strain. Plus, it does look a little crowded. Removing it would help the other stronger plants get more light and make more bud.
Other than that one, your plants look great! ;)

Back
Top Bottom