Bloombox Hydroponic Grow - Chrystal

Re: Bloombox hydroponic grow "chrystal"

I top off every week ,sometimes every day with ph balanced water only,I never add nutes,and I have never had a problem with this, seems to me that every time i check my ppm its between the levels ,so no need to feed:high-five:
I think it's important to keep a constant volume of nutes in the res. I keep mine topped off with a separate res and a float valve. It is the only accurate way to tell how much your plants are feeding. If you only top off occasionally they will be drinking more than feeding and thereby raising the PPM of your nutes. Keeping it constantly topped up will let you know when you need to add nutes to the mix. I will add nutes when my PPMs get below a set number so that I can keep it in my target range.

I top off every week ,sometimes every day with ph balanced water only,I never add nutes,and I have never had a problem with this, seems to me that every time i check my ppm its between the levels ,so no need to feed:high-five:

Ez Guys thanks for your responses. Ozric I Hope you dont mind me asking you one more question, on average just how much are you topping up your Producer res each week.

Strictly Indica

Ez Guys thanks for your responses. Ozric I Hope you dont mind me asking you one more question, on average just how much are you topping up your Producer res each week.

Strictly Indica

well it depends on a few factors,heat, humidity,etc but what i did was mark a full line and just add water when needed,:high-five:

well it depends on a few factors,heat, humidity,etc but what i did was mark a full line and just add water when needed,:high-five:

Ez fella I got that, marking the res and topping up when needed it's not rocket science but I was looking for an average thou I do understand each condition is going to be different. The reason I ask is I have a Proudcer in storage and not yet fired her up and I am really looking for general advice on all different aspects and to be honest fella I know you have been growing with these BCNL boxes for sometime and your knowledge is worth its weight in gold, can I ask do you have either Ac unit or Dehumidifier ? how have you got yours set up to deal with the heat and humidity do you have a small dehumidifier that you place into the Producer or a larger one sat behind ? I was looking to get dehumidifier, use the water it collects which is about 10L a day which over a week should see me though, I have been looking in a propper extraction unit and wondered which would be my best route to deal with the heat and humidity?

Ok my peeps! Here we go...I want to make sum potent hash with my trimmings. I have a general idea of what to do, but my question is when I collect the trimmings, how do i grind them up be4 I put them in the freezer? updated pics tomorrow!

Ez fella I got that, marking the res and topping up when needed it's not rocket science but I was looking for an average thou I do understand each condition is going to be different. The reason I ask is I have a Proudcer in storage and not yet fired her up and I am really looking for general advice on all different aspects and to be honest fella I know you have been growing with these BCNL boxes for sometime and your knowledge is worth its weight in gold, can I ask do you have either Ac unit or Dehumidifier ? how have you got yours set up to deal with the heat and humidity do you have a small dehumidifier that you place into the Producer or a larger one sat behind ? I was looking to get dehumidifier, use the water it collects which is about 10L a day which over a week should see me though, I have been looking in a propper extraction unit and wondered which would be my best route to deal with the heat and humidity?

OK I have them in my basement,its alittle cooler, temps run about 85 degrees,but sometimes higher,i only have central a/c but i do have a portable dehumidifier which i set near the boxes ,is it ideal. no but it does help, these boxes will always run hot, i have done everything bcnl has recomended,like adding ducting,but doesn't help much,at one time they told me they where working on a A/C unit for in the boxes and at the time I thought it was to much money for me to spend,I'm not sure if they still offer it, The only relief i get is in the cooler months,also I sometimes leave the doors open and I have a large fan running to help cool the room,this will help alittle,this all depends on where u live, outside temps will have a direct affect ,to make a long story short I just havested alittle over 2 lb of pineapple express just two weeks ago and I'm very happy with the grow,with all the issues with heat and humidity it still kicks ass, hope this helps:high-five:

I just havested alittle over 2 lb of pineapple express just two weeks ago and I'm very happy with the grow,with all the issues with heat and humidity it still kicks ass, hope this helps:high-five:

Ez Ozric thank you so much, my question have been answered and I can only hope I get to a stage where I am pulling 1lb from my box.

Oh and Luvpiff sorry for jacking you thread.

Ez Ozric thank you so much, my question have been answered and I can only hope I get to a stage where I am pulling 1lb from my box.

Oh and Luvpiff sorry for jacking you thread.

No biggie we are all here to learn

OK I have them in my basement,its alittle cooler, temps run about 85 degrees,but sometimes higher,i only have central a/c but i do have a portable dehumidifier which i set near the boxes ,is it ideal. no but it does help, these boxes will always run hot, i have done everything bcnl has recomended,like adding ducting,but doesn't help much,at one time they told me they where working on a A/C unit for in the boxes and at the time I thought it was to much money for me to spend,I'm not sure if they still offer it, The only relief i get is in the cooler months,also I sometimes leave the doors open and I have a large fan running to help cool the room,this will help alittle,this all depends on where u live, outside temps will have a direct affect ,to make a long story short I just havested alittle over 2 lb of pineapple express just two weeks ago and I'm very happy with the grow,with all the issues with heat and humidity it still kicks ass, hope this helps:high-five:

Hey ozric420,
I was curious about pineapple express ever since I saw the movie LOL. School me on the overall taste and smell?

It smells and taste a little fruity:slide:

Update:

Mama TDream is looking better everyday.
IMAG01997.jpg

She's really showing her Northern lights side in these shots
IMAG01989.jpg

IMAG01918.jpg
IMAG01955.jpg
IMAG01926.jpg
IMAG01898.jpg

Here are a few more pics. Im not digging the high temps in my neck of the woods, (91 degrees 64% humidity. OUCH!!

Its hard to look at this and then have to go $20 for a sack lol. Trichs are still clear.
IMAG02029.jpg

Im guessing a minimum of !0oz. Whats do u guys think?
IMAG020310.jpg

looking good...I just received me bloombox and have just started the veg stage...how did you water for the first week of veg? did you use the veg resevoir, hand water, or just plug the pump and flip the water overrde switch? it just seems like my seedlings are a little over watered :(

Hey mastershuffle,
I hand watered for a couple of days while my seedlings were in the tub, then I filled it , and plugged in the pump. Ur basically training the roots. After a couple of days, fill the tub and let the taproot chase the water down. If u think ur overwatering dont flip the override switch. Hope this helps :peace:

quick update:

Im in the 2nd day of wk 9. trichs are still clear on most of the buds. Im flushing with final phase (Is it ok to flush when trichs are still alittle clear?). I might have to let them flower for another wk or so. Any input would be greatly appreciated guys. Thx

Hey mastershuffle,
I hand watered for a couple of days while my seedlings were in the tub, then I filled it , and plugged in the pump. Ur basically training the roots. After a couple of days, fill the tub and let the taproot chase the water down. If u think ur overwatering dont flip the override switch. Hope this helps :peace:

I meant to say pump override** lol I haven't used the water override at all..I had an idea today though, I'm not using all 12 sites, only 5, so I was thinking if after the morning watering(6:45) I just removed the drip stakes and placed them in other pots that already have a drip stake? I know that sounds confusing and could be a bad idea, I just don't want to drain the res yet cause I filled it yesterday...btw you definitely seem to know what your talking about and your shit looks amazing:nicethread:

I meant to say pump override** lol I haven't used the water override at all..I had an idea today though, I'm not using all 12 sites, only 5, so I was thinking if after the morning watering(6:45) I just removed the drip stakes and placed them in other pots that already have a drip stake? I know that sounds confusing and could be a bad idea, I just don't want to drain the res yet cause I filled it yesterday...btw you definitely seem to know what your talking about and your shit looks amazing:nicethread:
Thx Mshuffle!!
OK,
1) Hand water for about 3-4 days, then plug in the pump.
Remember, when ur girls are in the veg tub12 they will dry out faster, so when u hand water make sure the rockwool does not dry out. Every 2 days check'em.

2) When ur babies are in the dome, they rarely need to be watered becuz of the high humidity and the dome being closed. *I never water them when I place them on the shelf. i might very lightly spray a little voodoo juice mixed with distilled ph balanced water...Thats it.

3)This one is a gem,
Make sure u disconnect the airline that runs from the air pump to the flowering side if ur not flowering (pump runs dry). Also, the line thats connected to the pump sometimes comes loose due to the vibrations . It makes a buzzing sound. If its really loud then u need to replace it becuz it was ran dry. I made these mistakes when i got started...growing pains lol.

hope i answered ur question:peace:

IMG_21372.JPG
my pump isn't plugged in the flowering side yet so it shouldn't be running right? or will that still effect the air pump regardless of the water pump not being plugged in? I also think I might take the stakes out, but keep the pumps running so roots will chase down but I will hand water until they can handle it, does that sound okay? I really appreciate your help luvpiff, not too many people with your knowledge and kindness out there....this pic will be deleted as soon as you see it cause it's your journal obv lol

IMG_21372.JPG
my pump isn't plugged in the flowering side yet so it shouldn't be running right? or will that still effect the air pump regardless of the water pump not being plugged in? I also think I might take the stakes out, but keep the pumps running so roots will chase down but I will hand water until they can handle it, does that sound okay? I really appreciate your help luvpiff, not too many people with your knowledge and kindness out there....this pic will be deleted as soon as you see it cause it's your journal obv lol

If ur not sure just flip the switch in the back. That will eliminate alot of issues. Pic can stay up, no biggie. Im here to learn as much as I can. I would just hand water without filling the tub (waste of water in my opinion lol). If ur water pumps are not plugged in then ur good but to be on the safe side, just flip the switch in the back so no accidents can occur. ur girls are looking prosper.

Back
Top Bottom