First Grow Ever: Nuken?

CannaMochi

I'm posting this first grow even though it's almost done. Possibly Nuken, but not sure. Seeds were gifted.
April 24 - 2 seeds soaked overnight and planted in commercial, sterile seed-starting mix. Placed on heat mat.
April 26 - germinated.
May 1 - 2nd set of leaves emerging. Plant #1 shows odd growth and stunting. Plant #2 is normal.
May 6 - culled #1. #2 transplanted to 4" pot using mixture of 75% coco, 20% organic commercial potting mix, 5% perlite.
May 11 - 3rd set of leaves. Fed with 10-52-10 transplant fertilizer.
May 16 - placed under grow lights (didn't have any before, was growing on window sill) with 18/6. Grow lights are single bulb 6500 LED for veg. Lamp shade from IKEA. Go ahead and giggle. It worked.
May 17 - purchased Green Earth 2-part nutrients. First watering with Week 3 veg mix, 250ml. Need to find pH test kit.

May 24 - WK 3 veg nutrients, 250 ml, pH 6.5.
May 27 - pinched out top.

May 29 - WK 3 veg nutrients, 250ml, pH 6.0.
May 30 - transplant to #1 pot with my custom coco mix, and MYKE. Plant deep into media, almost to first set of leaves. Hairs on stem become roots, like they do on tomatoes.

May 31 - first female stigmas appeared.
June 4 - WK 3 veg nutrients, 500 ml, pH 6.0. All nodes showing female pre-flowers. Last watering by me directly before I leave on trip.
June 11 - WK 3 veg nutrients, 500 ml, pH not adjusted by bone-head taking care of my girl.
June 23 - Back from trip. Plant not watered since June 16th. Soil dry, leaves floppy. Some lower leaves yellow and dried up. NEVER leave your girl with a non-gardener!!!! WK 3 veg nutrients, 500 ml, pH 5.8.
June 25 - WK 3 veg nutrients, 500 ml, pH 5.8. LST and trimmed out a few lower leaves.
June 26 - H2O only 500 ml, pH 5.8.
June 27 - invested in grow tent - Gorilla 2 x 2.5. Same grow light as before with IKEA lamp shade. 179cfm inline fan and carbon filter. Started 12/12.

June 29 - Transplanted to #2 pot using my own custom mix. Root system was well developed but not pot bound. WK 1 flower mix, 500 ml, pH 5.9.
July 5 - WK 2 flower nutrients, pH 6.0. Installed Mars Hydro 300 full spectrum lights at 18" from canopy.
July 7 - Plant is getting thirsty. WK 2 nutrients, 1000 ml, pH 6.0

July 9 - Wk 2 flower nutrients, 500 ml, pH 6.0.
July 12 - WK 3 flower nutrients, 1000 ml, pH 6.0.
July 13 - WK 3 flower nutrients, ProCAL, 1000ml, pH 6.5
July 18 - WK 4 flower nutrients, ProCAL, kelp concentrate, 1000ml, pH 6.0

July 19 - this is where it all goes south. Found spider mites on plant, just a few. Take it outside to hose off and treat. Main trunk splits down middle after getting caught on screen door to deck. F@CK. Gorilla tape trunk back together. On closer inspection I find many male flowers, some in full pollen blow, hiding under small leaves at nodes. Double F@CK!!! Removed all male flowers that I could find. Trimmed off worst infected leaves, hosed off, and sprayed with pyrethrin. Take back to tent. Checking temp and RH from now on. 23C/40% RH. Has few amber stigmas. WK 4 flower nutrients, ProCAL, 1000ml, pH 6.5.

July 22 - WK 4 flower nutrients, ProCAL, 1000ml, pH 6.0. 27C/41%RH. More amber stigmas.
July 23 - WK 4 flower nutrients, ProCAL, 1000ml, pH 6.0. 25.4C/52%RH. More amber stigmas. Took plant back outside, didn't break any more stems, and hosed off entire plant.
July 24 - WK 4 flower nutrients, ProCAL, 2000ml, pH 6.0, 26C/50%RH. Calyxes getting fat. Seeds?????
July 26 - WK 5 flower nutrients, 2000ml, pH 7.0. Run-off pH was in the 5.0 range!!!! Too acidic. 25C/49%RH.
July 27 - WK 5 flower nutrients, 2000ml, pH 6.8. 25C/49%RH. Took plant back outside and hosed off again.
July 28 - H2O with kelp concentrate, 2000 ml, pH 7.0. 26C/52%RH.
July 30 - H2O, 1000ml, pH 7.0. 25C/49%RH. More stigmas continue to turn amber. Calyxes getting fatter. Join 420 Magazine to get help.

Great start ! I know you have this one going but what do you have to come in behind this grow ? After the second or third week of flower I start the next grow !
I like the pic of the bud !

I was going to start another grow right after this one but I can't. I'm away for close to 3 weeks in November. I don't think that's enough time to get them to harvest before I leave. I have 3 each of Durban Poison, Chocolope, Halequin CBD, and Blueberry CBD. All are feminized. They gave me 2 extra seeds of Love Potion in that order. I wanted to try a couple of sativas for daytime use to keep me focused and energized. I sometimes run out of steam in the early afternoon.

I had bought flower of Alien Cookies and LA Grape, both of which had 1 seed each in the bud. I was going to try growing those out, too, at some point. Some people say don't waste time on bag seed, but others say that there can be some great phenotypes in there that work out just great. Being a gardener in general I am loathe to waste seed - regardless of where it comes from.

Because I have so much seed variety now, I don't know which ones I will start next. I can only fit 2 plants into my tiny tent. I'm thinking that I should do a CBD and one of the bag seeds. Should the sativas be grown separately from the indicas? They have such different growth schedules. Don't sativas take longer than indicas?

That’s cool at least we get to see this one finish .
Will be watching for the new also .
Need to put this grow in your signature! It’s in the helpful links for new members, I have a short cut to it below on my post. The contest is on my post for a short cut also , end of month a lot of entries to check out.

Here are some pictures from today in natural light. Turns out that this is actually an Auto, something No Pain made me aware of. Knowing that - a lot makes sense now. I treated the whole plant wrong right from the get-go. No wonder it and its buds are so small. Of course the injury and stress contributed, too.

July 31 - WK 5 flower nutrients, ProCAL, 2000ml, pH 6.5. 26C/52%RH. Partner starting to complain about the smell even though there's a carbon filter in the tent.
lol my fiancee was 110% against me growing. She don't smoke either. After agreeing to disagree I was able to start one seed. turned out to be a make male. She seen me bummed about it. Now I have full green light to grow and she even yells at me if I curse around the plants. She still don't smoke either.

Yah. I think most of his issues are between the ears as there is really no smell. He used to brag that he smoked weed in highschool and that he tried other 'stuff'. I highly doubt it. When I first mentioned that I wanted to try weed to help with migraine and insomnia he was totally against, and in some ways he still is. He definitely is not on board with me growing my own, but weed has been a life-saver and there is no way I'm going back to pharma for medication. That stuff screwed me up big time.

August 01 - No water, no nutrients. 24C 52%RH. I found out yesterday that this plant is an Auto, therefore lights back to 18/6 for last bit of flower before harvest. Maybe the tiny buds will grow just a little. After massive storm that's going to roll in later tonight the temperatures are expected to ramp up to 30C+ on Sunday and remain in the high 20's and low 30's for the remainder of the week. It's gonna be humid! Even though she's in a tent she's placed against a south/west facing wall in a bedroom. That's going to significantly raise the temperature and humidity in the tent, too. Maybe she'll be ready for harvest as I'm leaving on the 8th for 5 days.

I should have checked trichomes prior to watering today. I just checked and found a lot of amber trichomes and the remainder are all mostly cloudy. Some of the pistils are still whitish, but not many. The buds are very sticky. I'm planning on harvesting tomorrow unless someone suggests otherwise. This went a lot faster than I was expecting.

I should have checked trichomes prior to watering today. I just checked and found a lot of amber trichomes and the remainder are all mostly cloudy. Some of the pistils are still whitish, but not many. The buds are very sticky. I'm planning on harvesting tomorrow unless someone suggests otherwise. This went a lot faster than I was expecting.
Sounds like couch lock to me ! I like cloudy with a touch of amber . Had a first this last grow amber and all clear !
White hairs are okay , trichs are the answer!

Sounds like couch lock to me ! I like cloudy with a touch of amber . Had a first this last grow amber and all clear !
White hairs are okay , trichs are the answer!
If that's the path to a good-night's sleep I'm all in! Looking forward to my very first harvest! Yay!

If that's the path to a good-night's sleep I'm all in! Looking forward to my very first harvest! Yay!
That’s the path .
I remember the first grow, microwave the samples . First few hits could tell it was bad ass ! Couldn’t hardly wait for it , about the fourth grow finally learn to wait a couple weeks after i jar it seems to be close to it best quality and flavor ! Any pics
Congratulations on the harvest , will be waiting to hear the smoke report .

Early morning harvest with coffee in hand and appropriate tunes to get the mood right. Trimmed so that there are longer sections of stem - 2 reasons. 1 - you'll see, 2 - to slow drying. Trimmed wet weight is 127.6 grams or 4.4 oz. It was a tiny plant that went through a lot. Washed in peroxide solution and rinsed well.

Had planned to use those IKEA mesh hanging baskets for toy storage, but can't find them anywhere. I think this will work just as well, if not better! There's a fan (not in picture) hanging above the spinners. Tiny buds and trim with heavy/moderate trichomes went into the baggie hanging at the bottom. I tossed everything else. I intend to steam the soil to sterilize before I reuse it. Will try it once to see if it's worth it.

That's where the break was that I fixed with duct tape. It was definitely healing and growing back together. No evidence of mold or other disease.

P8030057.JPG

Shameless plug for awesome Hawaiian and Pacific reggae. It's pretty much all I listen to - Iration, JBoog, Fiji, Common Kings, Ekolu, Jah Maoli, Katchafire, KBong, Landon McNamara, Maoli, Rebel Souljahz, The Green, Tribal Seeds, Pacific Dub, and Stick Figure.

How do I move this entire post to the Completed section of the Grow Journals?

Back
Top Bottom