Autos - My First Grow

Blrp

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

yep hate I dropped the ball and forgot to check in, but it’s a team effort- so if you don’t get an answer in time then holler louder at one of us or drop a FAQ question

your tent is smoking hot, get ready for the slowest 8 weeks of your life!
I’m ready, but hating the waiting 🤣

Right question: surely you people out there must have done this one , can’t be the only one. Plants budding, no smoke in the house. Sick of buying star dog, snipped few buds off , dried them in the microwave, smocked em . Pleasantly surprised, strength excellent , flavour there but not altogether there . Only took the low hanging fruit.

For your next grow, you'll get better results if you give your plants more light. In the first photo, it looks like the hang height is 24 or maybe 30". At that height, very little PAR is hitting the plants and their shape ("morphology") shows it. The plants are tall with large internodal space (the space between nodes/branches) and the foliage is not very dense.

There's an almost linear relationship between the amount of light hitting a grow and the crop yield. One of the advantages of auto is that you can give them high levels of light throughout the grow. One of my auto grows ended up with three lights (500 watts total) for a 2' x 4' tent. That's a lot of light but yield was about 750gm or so.

You might want to bone up on low and high stress training techniques. Unless cannabis is trained, it grows in a "Christmas tree" shape with the main cola standing well above the rest of the plant. That makes is very high to light the grow well because the tallest cola gets far more light than colas even a few inches below.

If you're in the US, you can get a Uni-T Bluetooth lux meter for $32. That is money very well spent. I spent $600 on an Apogee + wand + case. For most growers, myself included, the Uni-T Bluetooth will, in practical terms, provide the same data that you get from a PAR meter.

The white pistils suggest she still has time left and will bulk up more if you let her.
I agree. Being impatient. Going to give em 1/2week if I can . I’ve pulled the odd bud off , dry in the microwave. Strength n flavour all present and the buzz is there it’s spot on, but they are still mainly cloudy about 10% amber /red . Anyway did my second flush this morning , will keep giving them water every 3/4 days . So it looks like I’m in it to the death.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Right I’m at the end of my first ever grow and I started with fucking autos. So got a couple week left now with these before I can strip the tent down and pack away my toys . I’m not happy, I see that autos are like photos younger little bitch brother who throws his toys out the pram all I mean all the ducking time when I’ve finished my bounty off I’m doing photos. I can’t see this harvest lastin 6 months never mind a year

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

For your next grow, you'll get better results if you give your plants more light. In the first photo, it looks like the hang height is 24 or maybe 30". At that height, very little PAR is hitting the plants and their shape ("morphology") shows it. The plants are tall with large internodal space (the space between nodes/branches) and the foliage is not very dense.

There's an almost linear relationship between the amount of light hitting a grow and the crop yield. One of the advantages of auto is that you can give them high levels of light throughout the grow. One of my auto grows ended up with three lights (500 watts total) for a 2' x 4' tent. That's a lot of light but yield was about 750gm or so.

You might want to bone up on low and high stress training techniques. Unless cannabis is trained, it grows in a "Christmas tree" shape with the main cola standing well above the rest of the plant. That makes is very high to light the grow well because the tallest cola gets far more light than colas even a few inches below.

If you're in the US, you can get a Uni-T Bluetooth lux meter for $32. That is money very well spent. I spent $600 on an Apogee + wand + case. For most growers, myself included, the Uni-T Bluetooth will, in practical terms, provide the same data that you get from a PAR meter.
Bro I thank you sincerely for your response . Shit it’s great advice but I’m afraid I’m not that science bro . I garden how I live ,( by the seat of my pants ) I love Christmas trees bro come on . I topped everything I could, I snapped, bent restrained. Shocked with hot , cold air water increased power of my fan’s sporadically. Went off light schedule randomly. All to push those little ducking things as far as poss . I truly believe the science behind this stuff is great , but all you really need to know is what not to do in each stage of the process 🤪

Bro

they are under 5 spider farmer 1000 daisy chained on full power

Right I’m at the end of my first ever grow and I started with fucking autos. So got a couple week left now with these before I can strip the tent down and pack away my toys . I’m not happy, I see that autos are like photos younger little bitch brother who throws his toys out the pram all I mean all the ducking time when I’ve finished my bounty off I’m doing photos. I can’t see this harvest lastin 6 months never mind a year
And come check out #SIP Club . You'll get bigger, healthier plants with less effort. Bigger plants mean bigger yields. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom