SeedKilla's First Noobie Grow - Northern Lights Auto Fem In Coco Coir

I suck.This needs to be reinvestigated.
No just relax everything is ok.
I just meant concentrate on what’s going in. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey All,

There have been a few things going on here, but nothing of note. Some Tent Management at best. :)

First, The damn heater is up over the plants now.

image0.jpeg

Second, in this State we are only allowed to have 6 plants, so 6 I have. :)

That's it. Anna Kaisa (A Very Pretty And Smart Finnish Girl I used to know in High School, who I believe made it to Medical Doctor PHd type stuff.)
image1.jpeg

She was an Angel. (Even her Father was a PH.d.) Anna Kaisa is doing beautifully on her own, and she needs only watering everyday. Her Root PH is optimal at 5.8PH. Just feeding everyday until runoff on the cloth bags.

These Blueberries, I have attempted to kill them in everyway but they NEVER! die.

In the lower right hand corner, is an Feminized AutoFlower call Dirty Martini. She is lagging behind for sure, but I think I know why. She germinated within 24 hours in a warm hydrogen peroxide solution. However, she needed emergency surgery. She grew strong, but she could not shed the husk of her seed. It was killing her.

I peeled that seed husk off of her, but that's why the girl has a split cotyledon leaf. She seems to be better for it though. She is on her third leaves and they are bright green.

Now Anna has some friends.The main plant is fine and stable.These seedlings are close to veg period, so I moved them up early into this tent for cleaning up.

There was today however, a passing away of a Blueberry seedling. During the up potting, her coco fell apart and her roots were ripped apart. She would never grow again, so she made the ultimate sacrifice today.

My 2nd tent is about to get a nice really good cleaning, then we try DWC. :)

Night Ladies and Gentlemen.

Small update to keep thread alive.

The lady appears to be fantastic. Just using the same feeding and watering schedule as before and she just grows and gets bushier. She is also starting to smell like cannabis. I hope some good things are about to happen for her.

Anna Picture 13.jpg

Honestly, the only real issue I am having with her currently is more temperature managment/tent management. I think I may have too much LED going on for the tent size. I am going to try to go back to a 200 and a 100 watt light in the 4x2. I should probably stop procratinating and find a good working light meter.

Other than that, everything that you guys suggested over the last couple of weeks seems to be working well for me. I don't see any reason to change it. :)

Thanks again everyone. Will update next weekend when she is a little bigger still.

Be well.

Small update to keep thread alive.

The lady appears to be fantastic. Just using the same feeding and watering schedule as before and she just grows and gets bushier. She is also starting to smell like cannabis. I hope some good things are about to happen for her.

Anna Picture 13.jpg

Honestly, the only real issue I am having with her currently is more temperature managment/tent management. I think I may have too much LED going on for the tent size. I am going to try to go back to a 200 and a 100 watt light in the 4x2. I should probably stop procratinating and find a good working light meter.

Other than that, everything that you guys suggested over the last couple of weeks seems to be working well for me. I don't see any reason to change it. :)

Thanks again everyone. Will update next weekend when she is a little bigger still.

Be well.
Can you take the driver off your light and put it outside the tent?
Helps with temp.
Looking good.
Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hi Bill,

Thanks for checking in man. Honestly, I don't really have a lot of good pictures that look differently from the last update. The lady is fine, and she is taking off now.

Since I called this a noobie grow, perhaps I should say a few words to give some advice that I have learned in the last two months to any new growers that come across this thread in the future? Each person will do this their way, but I made some really silly noobie mistakes over the last two months. Maybe I can save another new grower some time and money.

I know this is all old hat for you experts, and I thank you guys for sharing so much to this point!!

For the future new growers on their first grow. :)

Advice one.

Just because you are allowed to grow xx number of plants, does not mean you should!! Those plants need to be cared for, watered, fed, and the environment cleaned and regulated. And how much are you allowed to have after these plants flower in your state? 6 plants can become a lot of cannabis very quickly, 8 even more, and unlimited who knows? What will you do with it all if you are successful? Have an answer for this question before you plant too many seeds. I am not allowed to have that much flower in this state, and now I am not even sure how much RSO I am allowed to make, from said flower. The RSO was the end game for me when I started this.

I found myself with this problem simply because I was having a load of trouble learning how to germinate the seeds properly, and spraying seeds at every method known to the internet. To me it was a cost of doing business and knowledge lasts forever, but those seeds are very expensive. I sure hope Anna brings a lot of Northern Lights. :)

The last batch I cooked up went 6/6 to germination, and 6/6 to vegitative state. Lessons learned but then I had too many plants, and seedlings were unfortunately sacrificed. I still got to see the root development of these flowers, and how my watering was affecting the roots growing. It was not without value.

When you are learning, just listen to the well known members here, and focus your efforts on one plant. You will have your hands full with that if you have never done this before. And you won't waste your precious seeds like I did!

Advice two.

Physical security. I have one stinky Northern Lights in the tent doing quite well. Did I say stinky? She is not even flowering yet!!

How are you going to keep the smell down if you attempt to grow trees in an enclosed space with nosey neighbors looking for a reason to call the police? They don't care if it's legal now, they just want to snitch on someone. Do you want the cops showing up at your place even if they have no reason to be there? I don't need the aggravation.

If I had six of these plants going in that tent now, you would be able to smell it outside even with the carbon filters. :(

Advice three.

Keeping the plant count down, will also help you with your tent/environment maintenance. These plants require slightly specific temperature/lighting/humidity conditions. Those things are difficult to keep in sync even with the smart grow computers. In my case above, I put too many grow lights in my bigger tent, and I (or the computer) could not stablize the temperature/humidity. When the grow computer would attempt to take out the heat, it would drop the humidity 10% as well, and never seemed to be able to compensate.

I removed a few plants, and 1 LED light, and now that is no longer an issue. I can maintain a proper 75F and 60ish RH easily.

The ladies also need to be PH tested everyday after watering/feeding to keep them in the proper zone. Do you have the time to do this everyday to 6,8,10,20 plants?

Anyway future new growers who may read this grow journal, I hope this helps you get over the hump. Just listen to the senior members here, and keep your expectations in line.

Growing this stuff also requires something that I have been in short supply of recently. Patience! Just keep the ladies in the proper envelope.

One pic until next week.

Ignore the droopy leaves, she is actually in sleepy time for another 3 hours. I just turned the light on to take the picture. She perks right up to the light.

Anna Picture 14.jpg

Thanks again to all who gave good words of wisdom earlier.

Be well.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for checking in man. Honestly, I don't really have a lot of good pictures that look differently from the last update. The lady is fine, and she is taking off now.

Since I called this a noobie grow, perhaps I should say a few words to give some advice that I have learned in the last two months to any new growers that come across this thread in the future? Each person will do this their way, but I made some really silly noobie mistakes over the last two months. Maybe I can save another new grower some time and money.

I know this is all old hat for you experts, and I thank you guys for sharing so much to this point!!

For the future new growers on their first grow. :)

Advice one.

Just because you are allowed to grow xx number of plants, does not mean you should!! Those plants need to be cared for, watered, fed, and the environment cleaned and regulated. And how much are you allowed to have after these plants flower in your state? 6 plants can become a lot of cannabis very quickly, 8 even more, and unlimited who knows? What will you do with it all if you are successful? Have an answer for this question before you plant too many seeds. I am not allowed to have that much flower in this state, and now I am not even sure how much RSO I am allowed to make, from said flower. The RSO was the end game for me when I started this.

I found myself with this problem simply because I was having a load of trouble learning how to germinate the seeds properly, and spraying seeds at every method known to the internet. To me it was a cost of doing business and knowledge lasts forever, but those seeds are very expensive. I sure hope Anna brings a lot of Northern Lights. :)

The last batch I cooked up went 6/6 to germination, and 6/6 to vegitative state. Lessons learned but then I had too many plants, and seedlings were unfortunately sacrificed. I still got to see the root development of these flowers, and how my watering was affecting the roots growing. It was not without value.

When you are learning, just listen to the well known members here, and focus your efforts on one plant. You will have your hands full with that if you have never done this before. And you won't waste your precious seeds like I did!

Advice two.

Physical security. I have one stinky Northern Lights in the tent doing quite well. Did I say stinky? She is not even flowering yet!!

How are you going to keep the smell down if you attempt to grow trees in an enclosed space with nosey neighbors looking for a reason to call the police? They don't care if it's legal now, they just want to snitch on someone. Do you want the cops showing up at your place even if they have no reason to be there? I don't need the aggravation.

If I had six of these plants going in that tent now, you would be able to smell it outside even with the carbon filters. :(

Advice three.

Keeping the plant count down, will also help you with your tent/environment maintenance. These plants require slightly specific temperature/lighting/humidity conditions. Those things are difficult to keep in sync even with the smart grow computers. In my case above, I put too many grow lights in my bigger tent, and I (or the computer) could not stablize the temperature/humidity. When the grow computer would attempt to take out the heat, it would drop the humidity 10% as well, and never seemed to be able to compensate.

I removed a few plants, and 1 LED light, and now that is no longer an issue. I can maintain a proper 75F and 60ish RH easily.

The ladies also need to be PH tested everyday after watering/feeding to keep them in the proper zone. Do you have the time to do this everyday to 6,8,10,20 plants?

Anyway future new growers who may read this grow journal, I hope this helps you get over the hump. Just listen to the senior members here, and keep your expectations in line.

Growing this stuff also requires something that I have been in short supply of recently. Patience! Just keep the ladies in the proper envelope.

One pic until next week.

Ignore the droopy leaves, she is actually in sleepy time for another 3 hours. I just turned the light on to take the picture. She perks right up to the light.

Anna Picture 14.jpg

Thanks again to all who gave good words of wisdom earlier.

Be well.
She looks perfect.
Too many plants has been an issue for me before.
Live and learn.:rofl:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Guys,

I am not sure who I am susposed to notify, but this grow came to an end. I need to let the Mods know to shut it down as finished/abandoned.

There has been discussion on my "say hello" thread on this grow, and why it ended. I just needed to end it. Security issues. Stuff like that.

There is an up and comer. Hopefully we can do this again all. :)

Be well.

Guys,

I am not sure who I am susposed to notify, but this grow came to an end. I need to let the Mods know to shut it down as finished/abandoned.

There has been discussion on my "say hello" thread on this grow, and why it ended. I just needed to end it. Security issues. Stuff like that.

There is an up and comer. Hopefully we can do this again all. :)

Be well.
So sorry my friend.
There is a button at the bottom says report, tap it and a little box pops up where you can make a request or report.
I'll do it for you now, but for future info. :thumb:
Hope your ok my friend, talk soon hopefully. :Namaste:

Edit: it's been reported to them on your behalf.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom