First Grow - Casey Jones - DWC - SCROG - Ice Probe Thermoelectric Chiller

After adding VJ and sensizym she doubled her water and nutrient intake. She had been steadily drinking a little less than .5 gal/day since the flip. The day following the application she drank 1 full gallon and for the first time my ppms are dropping as water level drops and she did it again today. Res is pretty steady between 65 and 63F.

Snapped a pic when lights turned off.

Day 31 Flower

20150906_070009.jpg

20150906_070014.jpg

Week 5 is drawing to an end. She is still drinking heavily. Yesterday I topped off res 1 gal w/ 2.5ml Orca. Today shes getting 1 gal with 8ml conni A&B.

I cut out screen and re installed it from above to have more controlled of the stretched tops. Makes me want to cut even more undergrowth now. Trying my best not to touch her but I see too many sites that I predict will only be popcorn. I really need some of the experts to chime in here, PLEASE! I know you are out there!

Day 34 Flower

20150908_032524.jpg

20150908_032807.jpg

I'd cut off some of the small, lower stuff Dabbledo but leave quite a bit of stuff closer to the screen that has potential to get bigger. When it's time to crop take all the better stuff off the top and allow the now exposed buds to fatten up and ripen for a week or longer before cropping the rest.

L8r

I'd cut off some of the small, lower stuff Dabbledo but leave quite a bit of stuff closer to the screen that has potential to get bigger. When it's time to crop take all the better stuff off the top and allow the now exposed buds to fatten up and ripen for a week or longer before cropping the rest.

L8r

Thanks for the response OMU, I need the confidence boost every now and then.

Update

I've been away for a few days, gf topped CJ off daily with a brew I left her. Last week we added Nirvana to the mix @7.5ml/gal. I think I had left that detail out. I'm running the full GM AN line now that I feel comfortable without the DM Zone. I honestly expected to see her stacking calyxes and fattening up a lot more, I was a having sweet dreams about her while I was away. I have to remember to be patient.

A smaller, low lying fruit that I prob would've chopped had I been around, had somehow gotten pinched down. I cut it, placed it hanging on the oven rack @200F with the oven door open a few inches. Tastes like sweet chlorophyll but I've been full speedy, stupid smile, face melted medicated for almost 3hrs.

Pic updates coming soon.

Dabbs, I am pretty sure that is nute burn, but ask OMU. He would know for sure. Did you go in there and do an LST on them? they all look like someone went in and gave them the "Pimp Hand".

Def nute burn. I wonder what is causing it at this stage. I thought my connie levels were low enough at 10ml/gal. Will reduce to 5ml/gal on weds but am concerned that it wont be as effective buffering pH. I am looking forward to OMU's words of wisdom. She does have a pimp slapped look doesn't she? I don't hit my girls, I only bend them to my will! I noticed it earlier in the week when I returned after a cpl days absence. A few tops were smacked down and I had to tied them up for support. I think the GF got in there one night after a little too much makers mark. Others a are just twisted from the screen and growing in a spiral.

Week 7 nute line-up:

10ml/gal AN Conni A&B
7.5ml/gal Rhino Skin
2ml/gal Sensi Cal Mag
7.5ml/gal Big Bud
7.5ml/gal Bud Factor X
7.5ml/gal Bud Candy
7.5ml/gal Sensizym
7.5ml/gal Nirvana
7.5ml/gal B52
.5ml/gal Orca

Hey I also use AN Connie and B-52. My pH starts at 8.4 which is at the high end of the 8.5 range that AN says it will control. So for peace of mind I added 30 ml of pH down and let that percolate for an hour before adding my nutes. It gets the pH down to low 6's about 6.3. I monitor the pH and it pretty much stays in a range from 6.2 to 5.4 and that was over the last two weeks. I did this again for my res change yesterday and it is still looking good. Just my 2 cents. Do you really think that all of those AN supplements are worth the money? I have not got any of them except the B-52 and Sensizym. But I will get the Big Bud and Bud Factor X if you think it is really worth it. I was also thinking of getting the flawless finish but would really like to know what others opinions are about it. I really appreciate your input and this journal. Thanks for being you! :)

Hey I also use AN Connie and B-52. My pH starts at 8.4 which is at the high end of the 8.5 range that AN says it will control. So for peace of mind I added 30 ml of pH down and let that percolate for an hour before adding my nutes. It gets the pH down to low 6's about 6.3. I monitor the pH and it pretty much stays in a range from 6.2 to 5.4 and that was over the last two weeks. I did this again for my res change yesterday and it is still looking good. Just my 2 cents. Do you really think that all of those AN supplements are worth the money? I have not got any of them except the B-52 and Sensizym. But I will get the Big Bud and Bud Factor X if you think it is really worth it. I was also thinking of getting the flawless finish but would really like to know what others opinions are about it. I really appreciate your input and this journal. Thanks for being you! :)

Thanks bama, I really don't know if all this stuff is worth it. Some of them were freebies others I only purchased 250ml size bottles. I liked the results I saw from Voodoo Juice and Sensizym. Big Bud is well documented in the forums to be an outstanding flower supplement. I'm not too sure about Bud Candy. I am nervous it will impart and artificial flavor many people in the forums describe as cotton candy. I will prob start tapering off of that this week. I have nothing to compare bud factor x to. I'm hoping to see visible results from Overdrive the next 2 weeks. Growth has been slow. I am really hoping weeks 8 & 9 are more exciting. She is staring to stack now but progress is slow.

Day 48 Flower

IMG_20150921_231601.jpg

Thanks so much for the input. I was pretty much committed to getting Big Bud but I will now really look at overdrive. I was not really looking at Bud Factor X as I was told there was nothing that could change the flavor of a plant. Terpiniods determine that and that comes from genetics. So, I will be following for your smoke report as well. Was going to do that anyway, but now I want to know if you taste cotton candy. :) That might be a cool twist to the smoke. :)
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts about it.

Thanks so much for the input. I was pretty much committed to getting Big Bud but I will now really look at overdrive. I was not really looking at Bud Factor X as I was told there was nothing that could change the flavor of a plant. Terpiniods determine that and that comes from genetics. So, I will be following for your smoke report as well. Was going to do that anyway, but now I want to know if you taste cotton candy. :) That might be a cool twist to the smoke. :)
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts about it.

Bud Factor X = Chitosan Oligosaccharide, matierial that makes up exoskeleton of shellshish, insects and insect jaw bones. Chitosan tricks plant into thinking it has a massive infestation or disease causing it to reduce viscocity of resin and increases resin as a natural defense against pest and disease.

"If we look at the raw datasheets from Advanced Nutrients they say: Proprietary Blend of Crustations, Magnesium Nitrate, Glucosime, Proprietary Bloom Enhancing Plant Extract.

It's this "Proprietary Blend of Crustations" is what we want makes Bud X Factor so special....
Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR) is an unfamiliar topic to many growers, but it's one that is of great value to cannabis growers!!

Bud X Factor contains three main additives that can create a SAR effect and act as the Natural Plant Defenders within your plants. A SAR is triggered and promoted in plants through a complex series of reactions. This Resistance is elicited through the foliar and/or root zone application of a variety of additives which create a phantom pathogen invasion, a sort of alarm signal is then sent throughout ALL of a plant's cells. This alarm heightens the natural defenses; creating defensive enzymes, antibiotics, proteinase inhibitors... So in this SAR process it actives oxygen, increases growth hormones, increases nutrient uptake, and in general speeds up a plant's metabolism. Think of it as a human getting a flu shot and that flu they inject into you stimulates SAR within your body, so when you do encounter the flu, you're body is ready... That's a curd way to look at it, but really the same thing.....

Now, these three elements which stimulate SAR within your plants are Chitosan, Salicylic Acid, and Harpin Proteins, which can be found in.......................
Yep you guessed it, Crustations!! Thus the "Proprietary Blend of Crustations" which they do not want to disclose...."

Bud Candy - Bloom Booster, Taste/Aroma Enhancer, Plant Protector, Carbs

Removed 1/2 of solution from res and topped off with water to drop my ppms a bit yesterday. I figured out where I went wrong and how I got the burn. Res change tomorrow. As of right now I am still undecided on whether or not to add a week and take her to 10 weeks instead of 9. Based on a a 9 week strain i would be starting Overdrive tomorrow, running that with the rest of AN GM feed schedule for weeks 8 & 9. I could always do a week long flush for week 10 to get the extra days.

I really wish I had more feedback here. Any advise or words of wisdom are always appreciated. I am even open to fielding bad advice. @sweetssue, @conradino, @Weaselcracker, @chronichemphog @greytail Can I borrow your subscribers for a bit? I promise you can have them back.

Day 49 Flower

20150922_185817.jpg

20150922_185830.jpg

I did it all in pieces and it really wasn't too bad. Your res is much larger, good thing the AN is hot and a little goes a long way. Ever consider trying to reduce total volume in your system while still maintaining appropriate levels?

I understand. It is not the money is the barrier it was that I had not "talked" to anyone that has used the product. For something like this I really like to have a non sales persons point of view that has first hand knowledge. I am more than happy to get supplements, if they work and if the quality of the smoke and or if the yield is higher. It sounds great. My thing is, if I am going to spend ~4 months growing a plant, spending all the time and money to get the thing to harvest, then of course I want to use only the best stuff. My problem is, I am a noob. LOL it is true. I have no experience with hydro and no experience with these nutes. So I do not want to be taken advantage of because of my noobishness. So thanks again for sharing your advice and opinions, it really makes a difference to those of us coming behind you.

Dabbs,
I wish I had something useful to say regarding the extra week or not. I just have no experience and can not recall a journal I have read that would have anything helpful as an answer. I hope one of the old hands stop around here and give you something to go on. Having said that, for what it is worth, my feeling is if it is supposed to be a 9 week grow but you want to take it to 10, that should not be to hard on the plant or the bud. Exactly when to chop is more art or preference than exact formula. I would definitely go with your first instinct and add the week. Use your nutes, and closely monitor the plants. If bud growth stops altogether or is way slowed, then I would start monitoring the Trics and harvest based off of what type of high you were going for. What my understanding is, when this late into bloom, yields and quality can be greatly affected by missteps. That nute burn may not be too bad or it may have really stunted your yield. But going an extra week, in my mind seems to be a matter of opinion and how mature you wanted the trics to be anyway. Just my thoughts and I hope you really get what you wanted out of this grow. I am loving it, and really appreciate you sharing it with us/me. :)

Back
Top Bottom