Oh yeah CaliGrown's 2nd grow Casey Jones and Bubble Gum from Oaksterdam! DWC!

okay bad news i just reformatted my computer and the uploading picture thing still doesnt work. anyhow. i dont wanna cancel this journal due to lack of uploading. pretty lame. i just recently planted a purple kush seed and it already opened with its first set of fan leaves as a seedling. looks very healthy as i innoculated it with voodoo juice nd great white and liq carbo load.

Very sweet looking set up. Good looking grow too. This is one I'll be watching.

Oh and I am using 5 gallon buckets and I use Great White beneficial mycorrhizae and trichoderma. And voodoo juice. But good to know that its not only my ph that fluctuate like crazy. The guy at the hydro store is all "Oh my ph goes from 5.5 to maybe 5.8 at the end of the week" but I think he's running some goddamn big reservoir.

Peace. :grinjoint:

Everything looks great bro. The DWC is the shit for sure. Just one thing I wanted to input...Carboload is for flowering plants. All it is is sugar water basically to pump up buds late in the flowering cycle. Little babys dont need it. I start feeding it to my plants around day 35-40, just before the buds start to fatten up. Great job bro and +reps, ill be keeping tuned.

Well, actually if you use beneficial bacteria, it is really important to use 1/2 strength carboload as the bacteria need it as food. If you use beneficial bacteria, you have to use carboload or budcandy (carboload for veg is recommended) and this really makes the bacteria colonies grow.

damnnn ayways so i got some new pics here they are

Got a new purple kush seedling. hopefully it wont grow fat pair of nuts.

0723092312.jpg

purplekush4.jpg

07260919541.jpg

0726091954b.jpg

0726091956.jpg

oh yeahh:cheer:

Hey dude...all is looking good. Nice plants. Hey, where did you get those things your lights are hanging from. I'm talking about the thing that allows 2 bulbs to plug into one fixture.

Peace and buds dude...

Oaksterdam Genetics? I'm There!

1st off I'd like to say that, that's one HELL OF A JOB!!! +reps. I know nothing of Casey Jones except what's in the brochure. The BG, i know. I know 2 cycle of soil and sayin "F" it,. Hemaphed 1st run and the second was better but had deficiencies (not a great yield). It was the most sensitive strain I've grown (at least using my methods). Urs truly SHOWS that it can be done. Doin NE thing special? I haven't seen another journal growing it. Ur plants are gorgeous from start to now. Yup, I'm on board here and I'm takin notes. Can U please give good details? All these people that don't like it can cut. This grow is DOPE!! And I love the way u utilized space. Hell yeah!! :peace:

:roorrip: :popcorn:

Hey guys another update man my uploads do work so i got a lot more comin dude.

anyways another purple kush seedling. i found this in my medical bud i know it might hermi or whatever but dude its growing really healthy in the other one atleast.

0727091716a.jpg

purplekush4.jpg
0727091716.jpg

By the way that is about 25 hours difference. (Beneficial bacteria really helps!!)

day40flower.jpg

day40flower1.jpg

day40flower2.jpg

Oh by the way thanks BWC Bay Area that means a lot dude. hhahah you are right BUBBLEGUM is sooo fuckin picky! I put it down if I'm off by more than 50 ppm that sucker burns or starts showing def. But it's good dude, meticulous work keeps them happy (me unhappy) lol.

As for my hydroponics, basically..

I run DWC, keep nutrient solution about 1 inch from bottom of net pot, and I run about 850 ppm right now and its going good. Advanced Nutrients is really strong, during flowering I haven't ever had to gone over 1150 during my peak. Im about to use some overdrive i picked up the other day. Totally sweet dude.

Every morning, my lights turn on at 9 am. I use a 60 ml syringe with tubing connected to extract a sample to test because my ballast interferes with readings (I run lumatek digital and it iis right next to my tubs (only plywood separates it). I also don't like sticking my pens in the tubs I dropped my ppm pen in one time but revived it) They are all individual tubs, so I mix a slightly different solution for each other depending on what I think it needs. Generally, I follow the AN Light bloom feed schedule. When the ppm rises, which is usually so as water is sucked up pretty quick at this stage, I have to add distilld water that I buy at the store. This does suck, as 20 gallons a week is not cheap even at 33 cents per gallon. (I am installing RO filter soon)

I check my plants about every 3 hours, adjusting solution as necessary. The way I grow sensitive plants is to come back to them every hour or so. I add water when I think its burning, and watch. If I see no improvement with a 50 ppm adjustment, then I try to add nutrients and see the reaction. I always keep pH adusted but I let it ride to about 6.0 before I change it back to 5.6. Usually its a ppm or pH problem. I never mess with individual bottles anymore. The ratios set by the manufacturer I think should be followed as they probably know more than us.

Uh, yeah...thats about how I do it. Just be meticulous as hell. After a few grows of bubblegum I think i can grow primo but as for now good god its a pain in the buttocks.

Hey dude...all is looking good. Nice plants. Hey, where did you get those things your lights are hanging from. I'm talking about the thing that allows 2 bulbs to plug into one fixture.

Peace and buds dude...

Hey brother. I got em from ace hardware, they sell em at about 4 bucks each (rip offf) so Im not sure try other places although they really help.

Oh and thanks for all your compliments!! Esp you BWC Bay Area. Dudes like you make me wanna spend even more tme on my grow.
:thanks::cheer:

Here Lies the Problem

Uh, yeah...thats about how I do it. Just be meticulous as hell. After a few grows of bubblegum I think i can grow primo but as for now good god its a pain in the buttocks.

That's my prob. I'ma moody stoner. So I can be extremely lathargic at times. Then I get in my moods and I think I disrupt the harmony of the grow with bad vibes. Meticulous as hell consistently lol.Hey keep up the good work. Oh yea, I'm HELLA jealous u came up on that bean. Good luck with it. If it does hermaph on u, just keep collectin beans and grow em. Select the best ones and keep growin. Damn! Keep us posted. Oh yeah. check out my grow Deep Chunk x Strawberry Cough, yup Oaksterdam Genes (links in my signature). :peace:

Well, actually if you use beneficial bacteria, it is really important to use 1/2 strength carboload as the bacteria need it as food. If you use beneficial bacteria, you have to use carboload or budcandy (carboload for veg is recommended) and this really makes the bacteria colonies grow.

well then, if that's the case u are right for doing that. My b bro.

hey no worries. I thought it was crazy too right. Sugar during veg. But it says on voodoo juice to mix it with piranha, tarantula and voodoo juice. Thats all. Hey i appreciate yor imput though berrydizzle. come back soon!

PM me Mr. Botwin

The major observable benefit I can confirm (and I believe caligrown shows this as well), is that plants feed with beneficial microbes and sugar additives seem to establish themselves early and appear to help deal with swings in temperature, humidity, pH, etc, a little bit better...more room for errors or experimentation depending on how ya look at it... ;)

Is the same true for soil grows about the beneficials? I don't know much about them or hydro. Been hearing a lot about the beneficials tho. Got a link or somethin? If not PM me. I don 't wanna hi-jack this thread.

I also use Carbo during veg. if I am using any beneficials. It is reasonably inexpensive when you take into consideration the low application rates - all AN products are more concentrated than your generic nutrients. Their upfront costs are balanced by their high conc.

The major observable benefit I can confirm (and I believe caligrown shows this as well), is that plants feed with beneficial microbes and sugar additives seem to establish themselves early and appear to help deal with swings in temperature, humidity, pH, etc, a little bit better...more room for errors or experimentation depending on how ya look at it... ;)

caligrown, what do you make of the leaves edges showing deficiencies in your latest pic update?

That's true. The stronger your plant, the more room for error. Although I think it is easier to grow with less additives other than superthrive and hygrozyme and beneficial bacteria.

I want you guys to check out this one thing by Advanced Nutrients.

advaned nutrients has an interview... The Grower-X Interview 'Secrets to Unleashing BigAss Yields, this guy busts 12 lbs with 3600W. thats 6 600W people. To break it down hes about getting 900 grams per 600W. 1.5 g per W is UNHEARD of. even .9 gram per watt is good with hydro, and .5 per W good with soil.

Even this guy says although people push 1200 ppm with other nutes, try 800 with the complete AN line and you will be happy you did.

As for the deficiencies, Andy, I'm not sure. I think its calcium and magnesium combined. That usually comes from high ppm. When I see this, I check pH and lower ppm. That usually heals my plants. No more dealing with deficiencies. That's way too tough. Not to mention, just because the plant is having a magnesium def means that it doesnt have enough mag. It could be too high salinity (USUALLY the case), pH (next probable) or you added too much of something else.

As for the beneficial bacteria, you can just use great white beneficial bacteria. Its much cheaper and its piranha and tarantula combined. Voodoo juice, unfortunately has a strain that no other product has, wich allows your plant to absorb N2 from the air. With voodoo juice I have never experienced nitrogen deficiency, unless I really messed up ( and usually i see other deficiency)

There are a lot of sources for sugar, but I like carboload because its so pure. Humboldt Nutrients has honey but that adds ppms. This one is simply just sugar. Can't hurt to have a little more than necessary with this guy. But half strength is enough. Not to mention it makes your solution slightly less viscous. (for you drip feeders)

Yep, my veg concoction is usually hygrozyme, great white, voodoo, liq carbo, tiny cal mag (40-50 ppm), and floralcious plus (for humic) and the rest sensi grow.

https://www.hhydro.com/cgi-bin/hhydro/XHH0132.html GREAT WHITE

Thanks for visiting!

we use Sweet on veg and bloom starting with week 2...alot of sweet. Pirana and Tirantula for bacteria. My res smells EXACTLY like a mature fish tank. no algae EVER. The plants use aprox 50gals a week.

Back
Top Bottom