Hydroponics PPM question!

Re: Hydroponics PPM question!!

I had the same problem with ph bounce on my dwc grow as well. I set my ph to 5.3 and it would get to 6.1 in about 5-6 hours where it more or less would stabilize. I eventually resigned myself to readjusting my ph 2-3 times a day. Ph instability seems to be a trait of DWC setups. It can, however, be a blessing in disguise as different nutes are taken up at different ph levels. I would recomend checking the roots for darkening or discoloration. These are sure signs of algea. Algea can cause all manner of ph stability issues, I actually got to the point of adding algeacide to my res as a matter of course. You may also try adding water/nutes right to the very bottom of you netcups, more water/nutes in the bucket=more ph stability. Good luck!

This is just me, but running 1730 in a dwc seems awfully high... really that is high in most any set-up. I would likely burn/curl/stunt all my plants...? You can guess that I've never, ever been in that range...?

I'm guessing you have locked the plants up & that's why you are seeing manifest deficiencies. The plant simply can't feed properly at that high of a ppm... they are seriously dehydrated as such/as well. I would recommend flushing at a rate of 600, properly pH'd, or however you would accomplish this in a dwc. Perhaps change the solution/bucket 2-3 times per day for a day or two, or until they show some recovery.

Best brah. But shit, I could be way off base here. Pics would be cool. Best.

Hey yall. I had a question I have a grow set up, you can see it here. Oh yeah CaliGrown's 2nd grow Casey Jones and Bubble Gum from Oaksterdam! DWC! either way my bubble gum is getting HUGE fan leaves, like bigger than my hand. HOwever, these guys are suckin nutrients like no other. I'm running 1730 ppm right now, and they aren't burning, but they still look deficient. Any ideas? Would really realy apreciate it!

I'm running DWC myself for years. I would just take out 1/2 to 3/4 of your nute solution and top up with water. That will reduce your ppm by 50-75% and you can feed them back some of the stuff you took out as they need it. Sudden, drastic changes in the nutrient strength, up or down, can have undesired results too but your ppm is awfully high unless your running CO2 and mega wattage for lights. :0)

Good luck !

High Cali. The advice already given sounds real good to me. 1750 would be catastrophic in my situation with only a 50 gal. reservoir. My babies are much happier at 1100 or less for the bloom room, and 400-800 in the veg room. My pH res lowers in bloom and I have to adjust it up to get it @6. every time I adjust the reservoir. What is it about your plants appearance that would make you think they need more? Try to keep in mind that the issue didn't just spring up instantly, and there is no instant cure all, but with patience you should have no worries C. Good luck!:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom