First Time DWC

Yeah for some reason most of the stores in Toronto GTA don’t cary hydroguard. I seen it on amazon but it’s + shipping. Either way cannazym seems to have done the trick.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Hey buddy I hope all is good. I’m 15 minutes north on the 400.
Sweet little lady there and she’s looking great.
I run 29% H2O2 and keep my res temps in check and never have root problems.
3F38E806-4F66-4450-AC9E-DB574C263C0C.jpeg

Glad you got it sorted out with cannazym and she seems very happy.
Lots of good things not available here in Canada but if you look hard enough you can get whatever your looking for.

Day 31 and everything is going great.
It has been topped once and today I cut the bottom 2 sprouts and made 2 clones of them. All lower fan leaves were also removed. I used Rockwool cubes dusted with some Great white in the holes and soaked the cubeS in ph5 ROH2O. The cutting were dipped in CycoCyclone and inserted 1”-1.25” in the cube. Using the sunblaster nano dome with T5 reflector, and a heat mat with a thermostat at 76*F and trying to keep RH above 80%. . Going to make a mother out of this plant and use these 2 cuttings on another DWC but in a 2 plant single bin.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Botanicare Hydroguard

I would not do DWC with out it.

If you don't mind I will tell you how I do my first 4 or 5 weeks.

Number 1 and the main thing to remember I keep my ppm's to 250 for the whole time.

I use RO water and if your not maybe you should re-think DWC.

My solution is changed every week with the same thing.

For a 3 1/2 gallons

I use 7.5 ml of silica. Silica must be added first to dissolve first, if you don't add it first you will see white particle of silica that wont dissolve.

Reason: cell development

Next I add about 10ml of cal/mag. this is were the ppm's are. That will put the ppm's around 225 or so. Close enough.

Next I add a root enhancer I use General Hydroponics Rapid Root about 3.5 ml

Last I add about 10ml of Hydro-guard good for root conditions with temperature outside the normal.

And that's it.

I hope this helps.

Tok..

You can reuse clay tho.
This is true. I’m not saying not to use clay pebbles. I’m just stating the advantages I experience when using coco. It’s mainly personal preference and convenience for me due to the way I grow.
Most of the advantages coming in for me while they are young. Once the roots are in the water, it doesn’t make much difference tbh

Number 1 and the main thing to remember I keep my ppm's to 250 for the whole time.

I use RO water and if your not maybe your ou should re-think DWC.

For a 3 1/2 gallons

I use 7.5 ml of silica. Silica must be added first to dissolve first, if you don't add it first you will see white particle of silica that wont dissolve.

Next I add about 10ml of cal/mag. this is were the ppm's are. That will put the ppm's around 225 or so. Close enough.

Last I add about 10ml of Hydro-guard good for root conditions with temperature outside the normal.

And that's it.

I hope this helps.

Tok..
Yes I have been using RO water and everything else you are using except the hydroguard. I just ordered some and should be here within next 5 days. Now is this you’re guide to when you clone?
right now In with the mother plant bucket my PPM is in the 770-850. I’ve been increasing the PPM slowly every week to see how much nutrients it can handle. I’ve been using 12mg of cal mag and noticed the ppm’s went down to low 750’s after about 4hrs later, so I added an extra 4ml and the ppm has been staying the same at 785 since. Slight increases of PPM day after day because of water uptake so I added extra ROH2O and it’s been sitting pretty and ppm is stable doing fine.

Day 40 and I cut another set of clones of her. Now there is 4 clones 3 days apart. The first 2 clones are looking great and moving along healthy. I’ve been keeping the temperature @76*F/ RH @ 90%+ on 18/6 under 1 t5 in a micro dome.
the mother has been tied down and I will be topping it 1 more time after the 3rd node. It will be left to veg for a mother plant. It’s also showing good veg growth and I’ve noticed that it likes a PH of 6.0 from the ppm readings since the last change. Every time I adjust ph down to 5.8 the ppm increases avg 20-40. I leave it alone the next day the ph has risen to 6 and the ppm is back to where it was originally..Presumably looks good And growth looks good
D0337C31-B4F0-466E-AC09-4733BF65F847.jpeg
007FE7F3-B45A-45B5-B377-AB7BC8772F6B.jpeg

I use RO water and if your not maybe you should re-think DWC.

For a 3 1/2 gallons

And that's it.

I hope this helps.

Tok..
Finally got some hydroguard..

Everything has been going great and the first 2 clones have rooted through the rockwool cubes and in a mesh pot with clay rocks. I have removed them from the dome and will harden them at RH 50-60% under my larger t5 lights for a couple days before I put them in the DWC container.
The mother plant is also doing great and I’ve had to do some minor adjustments to the solution based of my daily PPM checks. I noticed the ppm’s are more stable at a higher pH of 5.9/6.0 Rather than 5.8. so I quit constantly adjusting it down. The roots also look good and they are getting massive. I have topped it for the last time and will cut some new clones from the bottom growth after it starts recovering.

881933CA-02C7-446B-862F-A284C95027B0.jpeg

4114DFAC-5D9C-4998-9671-82C1165A71BE.jpeg

Week 2 of the new clones. They have been growing really well compared to when I first started with the mother. The growth has been much faster and the increase in the uptake of nutrients has been much higher comparing it to the mother plant logs. The last 3 days I had to add more ROH2O 2x (.75l/1.5l) to lower the ppm back to 450-550. I also added 10ml of CalMag xtra because yellowing was starting to show and it’s corrected itself now. I will be adding CalMag into the solution regularly now.
The roots are also looking amazing thanks to B hydroguard. Using BH really eliminates root problems that can cause you unimaginable headaches and disasters in DWC.. Never grow without it from now on! . As far as the mother goes it’s also showing good growth and not showing any deficiencies. She’s has been pruned and training her down to be a “bonsai mother”! Water uptake for her has also increased to almost 1L every 2 days.

602602D4-3D22-412E-8A94-E9156F9D0D3B.jpeg

806E7C78-B57C-4A00-BAE0-66688159A99B.jpeg

EA5471FC-0CFB-4CD6-B4CA-87FB0D504D93.jpeg

The roots are also looking amazing thanks to B hydroguard. Using BH really eliminates root problems that can cause you unimaginable headaches and disasters in DWC.. Never grow without it from now on! .
I'm with you there brother :high-five:
Really love how you've trained her :green_heart:

Looking great in here! It's so much more fun when you don't have root headaches

Incase anyone is wondering about the strain. I really think this one is the Starfighter X FTPPOG (fruity pebblesOG)by the way the leaves are looking . If I’m wrong it will be the wedding cake X FTPPOF from sacred cut. Unfortunately I mixed the only 2 seeds I had left!

roots problems again..:(.. 2 days after I changed the reservoir I seen some browning on the roots. Further inspection it wasn’t slimy and roots weren’t stuck together but it doesn’t look good. Ph was good and ppm was relatively the same. Will do a flush with HP:RO and see what happens.

image.jpg

roots problems again..:(.. 2 days after I changed the reservoir I seen some browning on the roots. Further inspection it wasn’t slimy and roots weren’t stuck together but it doesn’t look good. Ph was good and ppm was relatively the same. Will do a flush with HP:RO and see what happens.

image.jpg
Hey man. I gotta say they look pretty good to me, but I appreciate you have a better view than me.

Sorry for all the questions:

- How do the roots smell?

- What temperature is the water? And you room?

- What is in your res at the moment? Anything organic?

- Any light leaks so light can get into your res?

- How many airstones are in your res?

Hey man. I gotta say they look pretty good to me, but I appreciate you have a better view than me.

Sorry for all the questions:

- How do the roots smell?

- What temperature is the water? And you room?

- What is in your res at the moment? Anything organic?

- Any light leaks so light can get into your res?

- How many airstones are in your res?
The smell isn’t really that bad but it does smell musky. I’ve been using Advance Nutrients Sensi grow A&B/ AN B45/ cannazym/great white /Hydroguard.
Temperature has been good in the 78*F light on and 70*F light off. RH usually in the 35-50% water temp has been in the 70*F (frozen water bottle in the reservoir when lights are on) . I don’t have any light leaks I’m pretty sure I covered everything and checked it. I’m thinking maybe because I let the RH go high earlier today to 78*F (in/out exhaust fans weren’t on) during lights off

Back
Top Bottom