Another Bloombox journal! M-39

Here's a conversation I've just had with the BCNL representative...

Matt Mota - 1 888 886 7389 Toll free says:
Hello, my name is Matt Mota (ext 128). Whats Growing on????

******* says:
Hi

high

******* says:
I talked to an agent twodays ago about the quanityt of water in the flowering tank

ok

******* says:
I had 40L: he told me to FLUSH it all and do a 20L batch

ok

******* says:
and now I heard you just changed it to 10gall which is 37L

******* says:
come on.... 20L, then 40L, then 20L again, now 37L....

hold on

no its still 20

we had an issue because apparently ther eis 2 types of gallons

******* says:
yeah but theres a SLIGHT difference between us gallon and metric

yah our bad

******* says:
not the kind of difference that would cause going from 20 to 40...

******* says:
yeah your bad, my loss...

how did you loose??

we only took it from 40 to 20

******* says:
wasted a whole afternoon and 40L batch :S

you didnt have to wast is you could have just used half of it

*******says:
someone on 430mag says he just talked to you guys and you said 10gal

******* says:
he told me to waste it all since the nutrients wouldnt be in the same proportions

call us

******* says:
nobody wants to harm their plants eh...

no

******* says:
what for, I just want to know a definitive answer: 20L or 40L

*******says:
20L is quite small I must admit

twenty is a bit less

*******says:
after 1 week theres barely one inch of water in bottom

but we did it to use less nutrients

it doesnt really matter as long as baskets have a few inch between water

******* says:
all right... well ill carry on with 20L

I think they're enjoying their product too much. lol! It doesn't make any sense to ME why you would only use 5gal/20L in a large res. like this but hey, I'm new at this. So I think I'll stick with the 10 gal/37.9L and the AN calculator. :)

Yep, it definitely seems like too little. I guess if you wanted to, you could try it with 37L one week and then 20L the next week, and see what the difference is. ;-)

Hi all,

I am new to this site and look forward to learning/sharing my growing experiences.

I also have a bloombox from BCNL. I am not sure what they are going on about with the sudden change in water levels.

I have been using 10 gallons on my flower side and have seen no adverse effects. To be perfectly honest I am not buying into a reducing from 10 gallons until someone from BCNL comes up with a solid explanation of why they are changing their tune.

It doesn't seem to be rational. I notice due to evaporation and consumption that after a week the water levels are reduced a bunch. I am still in veg stage with roots reaching the water line. I can't imagine how much these girls are going to start drinking after the root system goes nuts.

I am sticking with 10g.

I will post a journal on this grow ASAP.
;)

I looked in the growing manual PDF available on the BCNL site. There is a discrepancy in the manual. In one place is says 10 gallons for the flowering reservoir and another it says 4.4 gallons.
I decided to call and find out. I spoke to Matt and he said something about US gallons vrs. some other gallon measurement. hahahahahaha. Anyway, the long and short of it is simply this, 10 gallons will bring your water level to about an 1/4 inch below your planting cup. This is fine. You don't want your growing cup to be submerged. So if you are concerned that it may be, then use less than 10 gallons.

Hope this helps. :)
:grinjoint:

All right guys!
I've been very busy lately so I came out with a new idea... which was pretty much the direct result of being too busy..

We were discussing how weird it was the 40L vs 20L... come on, its twice the nutrients in one tank.
Well, I was suppose to change the water on sunday but didn't have time until wednesday. They kept growing so well, so I thought, why not, I'll leave the water 1 week and a half, since it already constains TWICE the nutrients as the recommended 20L.
What do you guys think?
I also added a soup spoon of molasse.
So for week 3 to week 4.5 i have :
sensi bloom A 120ml
sensi bloom B 120ml
voodoo juice 145ml
B1 50ml
big bud 16g
molasse 1 soup spoon

Here's what they look like... too many leaves? should I cut some of those huge sucker leaves? at the bottom? put a screen to make them grow horizontally? could really use some hints there ;)

I've also transplanted my clones into the vegging spots...
Out of the 15 clones, they... all rooted succesfuly, so I have an extra 3 clones of jack :(

All right, thanks for the feedback guys, it is very appreciated!
DrB.

hey WTF ur panel is much cooler looking than the one on my Bloombox.. i JUST found ur thread..u should put it in your sig. i was reading al these other threads where you posted and i were talking about your BB grow and i was like..damn i wish he did a journal.

and here it is!

tks best O luck!

pfff..what u mean ph pen..i aint got no ph pen with my BB.

i think i was supposed to though..

i did buy a really good PH pen online though.

i just got mine so i wish i had the cooler panel :)

Back
Top Bottom