RageMonkey's Phototron & homeade bubbler experiment Northern Lights

Nice job dude it was awesome to watch this one go all the way through! It truly is a bud busting tron! What are your future plans for the tron?

Gotta get a smoke report up soon!

Awesome grow Rage!Can't wait to hear your smoke report. ;)

i've heard you can estimate that your harvest will be about 25% of the weight when it was wet. so 25% of 1lb6oz is a little over 5 oz., is this a reasonable projection or does it vary on harvest technique?

wow...thats a nice amount for a phototron. Are the buds really light or are they compact?:peace:

They were pretty compact. The volume was about 24 cups. Durign drying they have shrunk significantly. Right now they are curing in 4 x 1 quart polycarbonate storage containers.

I haven't tested them yet at this point. I figure I'll wait another week.

Nice job dude it was awesome to watch this one go all the way through! It truly is a bud busting tron! What are your future plans for the tron?

Gotta get a smoke report up soon!
Well, I cleaned it up and put it in the closet. I'm probably not going to grow again until next year. However, next time I plan to build a grow box similiar in size and function to a BC northern lights producer and I plan on using the tron to house a mother plant.

i've heard you can estimate that your harvest will be about 25% of the weight when it was wet. so 25% of 1lb6oz is a little over 5 oz., is this a reasonable projection or does it vary on harvest technique?

Yeah that would be acurate. It all depends on whether you want a fully dried/cured product that is suitable for rolling 100% marijuana joints or a partially dried product such as you would see commonly sold in Amsterdam coffeeshops.

I'm not a frequent smoker, so I tend to avoid the latter since I'm in need of a longer shelf life. The fan was able to fully dry the bud within 3 days at 70 F, which is fairly efficient without causing the typical hay smell you get if you line dry buds at 85+ F. To cure, i simply place the weed in polycarb airtight containers for 1 - 2 weeks. Daily, I open the containers and allow them to air for 30 minutes. By the time I'm done they will be really light - almost dehydrated - and they will keep for up to 2 years in this state.

Wow man this thread is a true inspiration! I am so excited that I found it. Great work really! My own grow is loosely based on the Phototron. I just figured I'd go lower budget and more light so I built my own.

Mine runs 512W of T8s for a total of 45,000 lumens in 2.1 square feet of floor space. Seeing your grow and how the plant behaved has furthered my knowledge! I won't be vegging in mine, but here is what my flowering cabinet looks like:
Copy_of_IMG_0141.JPG

Again, thanks for the inspiration!

Magic,
WHy not? Do you think that it will grow too wide for your box.? How tall is your box?. Ill bet you can modify that box or is that a box, is it in an existing structure?

Actually it's a cabinet behind a false wall. My veg chamber is on the other side. You can't see it because the wall panel is covering it. It's just to the right of the chamber you see.

My box is about 4.5 feet tall. I definitely do not intend to let it outgrow my box. I'm going to very strategically use what I know to contain the beast. Studying this thread has given me a lot of ideas. I will also be using strategic applications of kinetin(synthetic cytokinin) to the side branches right before placing them into the flowering chamber, but I will purposely avoid spraying the top with it unless it starts getting too tall. This spray encourages the plant to grow laterally and not vertically. I'm basically going to veg it as a tall narrow plant with a lot of side branches, and then switch it to 12/12 and let it fill out sideways. My veg light is all top-down. I think this gives me more control on how big they end up, plus it lets me go perpetual.

hi Magic... I am interested in seeing how this works for you. I have been tinkering with the idea of lateral lighting for a while. My only 2 previous grows all grew taller than me (5ft6in) using a scrog like thing and a little bending. (only usiong top lighting) Will you be posting a grow journal? And how does the kinekin work?
Great ideas good luck!

I will definitely post a grow journal. I have been lazy and haven't put one up on this site yet is all. I'm also going to be getting some coco coir soon and heavily reexamining my mix.

The kinetin is amazing stuff really. It has a quite obvious impact on branching. You can't help but notice. Plus the leaves look healthier after they receive it. I'm not sure the stuff even has a downside, but I use it carefully regardless. Hormones are serious stuff, and I'm sure misuse of this one could make males or some other bad thing like that. I've just never experienced any problems of my own. Once I want to arrest vertical growth and make it explode sideways, I know the kinetin will do the job. I use "Bonide Blossom Set Spray". It's very cheap, a local store here has it for 3-4 dollars maximum for 8oz(which has lasted me like 3 years....). Even if I tripled what I consume it'd be nothing.

Wow man this thread is a true inspiration! I am so excited that I found it. Great work really! My own grow is loosely based on the Phototron. I just figured I'd go lower budget and more light so I built my own.

Mine runs 512W of T8s for a total of 45,000 lumens in 2.1 square feet of floor space. Seeing your grow and how the plant behaved has furthered my knowledge! I won't be vegging in mine, but here is what my flowering cabinet looks like:
Copy_of_IMG_0141.JPG

Again, thanks for the inspiration!

it'll veg better under fluorescents since they have more blue spectrum

Gonna take me some time to read through this but it is the first journal I've seen with a filled tron. Looking forward to catching up andreading this one Rage.

Thats a cool grow Ragemonkey, can a DWC bucket be used in a closet with this setup? Why the bathtub? Just curious, thanks man your grow is inspiring to a phototron user.:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom