Old Phototron Experiment

Ok,not going to be a massive harvest but what I did get was well worth it in my book.
I learned alot about my old tron indeed.I'll see what it can do with just one plant soon.
Here are some pics from the start of the chopping.I'll get pics up as I can.
One down so far.
DSCF1339.jpg

DSCF1340.jpg

DSCF1345.jpg

DSCF1348.jpg

DSCF1349.jpg

:peace:

Note to Harry:I found the male flower culprit on one plant.I guess it hermied.It did it's job though because I've only found one so far.
Four down,two to go.Also,as I thought,they were rootbound....
Pics to come when I get em done.

Dear minus,
I have enjoyed reading some of your journal. I learned lots and, do you have any info/experience with re-flowering the plants.
That used to be the "sales point" with the phototron. The ability to re-flower your plants by using the re-calibrated nutrients you received from P. IND.
Now, they do not use a soil sample to calibrate nutrients etc.
I really can not get any definitive info (P. IND. or the Posts)
Thanks for the science,
CARDMAN

Note to Harry:I found the male flower culprit on one plant.I guess it hermied.It did it's job though because I've only found one so far.
Four down,two to go.Also,as I thought,they were rootbound....
Yeah man, seems those nanners can pop out anywhere. On the hermie I had in my first grow, a nanner would pop out right in the middle of a bud. They can be tough to spot.

Good grow though. Looks like it'll be some strong stuff. Could have went a little longer. ;)

Harry

Yeah man, seems those nanners can pop out anywhere. On the hermie I had in my first grow, a nanner would pop out right in the middle of a bud. They can be tough to spot.

Good grow though. Looks like it'll be some strong stuff. Could have went a little longer. ;)

Harry

Yeah I was really shocked to see any seed but now I understand.
They were rootbound Harry but I know I could have gone a little while longer.
I really appreciate your input bud as you have the dankest thumb I've probably ever seen.
All in all I am pleased with the outcome of this "experiment".
I thoroughly enjoyed it and have learned quite a bit,#1 being the tron is only getting one plant from here on out.
I just got done transplanting the one female that survived outdoors into the tron and I'll probably create a journal for her.I've barely kept it alive with minimal lighting and have been LST training her for almost two months.
Got a place for her to go now.
Thanks to everyone who followed my journal.Gotta give extra kudos to Ms.Fox,Harry,Dr.215,and last but not least BubbaKush.
I will post some more pics in a week or so when I get ready to put about 3/4 of what I got into a mason jar for cure.
Here's the last of the pics for now.

DSCF1350.JPG

DSCF1351.JPG

DSCF1352.JPG

DSCF1353.JPG

DSCF1354.JPG

DSCF1355.JPG

DSCF1356.JPG

DSCF1357.JPG

DSCF1358.JPG

Looks great. Some frosty looking smoke ya got there!! :smokin:

Do you place another pot into the tron's basin and grow from that? My tron, which looks a bit different than yours, has screws in the top section so I can remove it. It might be a good idea to do it that way so you can easily remove the plant and flush when needed.

I'm using mine for seedlings, clones and mothers. I love it and wish I had another one.

Harry

Looks great. Some frosty looking smoke ya got there!! :smokin:

Do you place another pot into the tron's basin and grow from that? My tron, which looks a bit different than yours, has screws in the top section so I can remove it. It might be a good idea to do it that way so you can easily remove the plant and flush when needed.

I'm using mine for seedlings, clones and mothers. I love it and wish I had another one.

Harry
Thanks Harry.I smell like a stickie bud.It smells so skunky.
I put soil directly into the tron as it doesn't come apart and I can't get a decent pot in there.
I think by only putting one in there it will take care of any rootbound problems in the future.Six was just too many for the long haul.:smokin:

Great job man, and hey and experiment is and experiment, you were not going for a huuuuge harvest but from your bud pics, it looks like its gunna be a FINE smoke. Great job and i cant wait to see the next grow, also be watching out for mine its gunna be comin up soon!!!!!

Congrats and good luck on the drying/curing...

I put soil directly into the tron as it doesn't come apart and I can't get a decent pot in there.:
You might want to check the inside. That's where the screws were located on mine..

ptrontop1.jpg

You can see the seam from the outside.

ptrontop2.jpg

I took those screws out and never put them back. I actually removed the basin from screw points on the bottom and replaced the ballast not long ago. I didn't bother screwing it back down. It's real easy to remove the basin and clean it now.

I was just thinking that using a pot that's about the size of the basin would allow you to remove and flush the plant, when there's problems or when nearing harvest. I squeezed two smaller pots into mine and had 2 mothers growing. When they reached the top, I removed them from the tron, took clones, vegged them a little more and put them in my flowering room. I didn't even have to remove the top for those two but if I were growing one big one in there, I'd have to remove the top to get it out.

You did a lot better than I ever did trying to flower in there. Kudos!!

I believe I could have done better had I knew then what I know now. ;)

Harry

Thanks guys and ladies:grinjoint:
I'll be watchin Dr.215!
Harry,you are correct,never noticed that before.Thanks man,I can now remove the top!:smokin:

Hey Bubba!I'll have an initial smoke report friday.Good to see ya man,I know you been busy.:smokin:
Cardman:wish I could have been more help to you but like I said,I'm wingin it and learning all the way.
Just a side note:I love coming to this site and sharing with everyone but I am a super paranoid type.Don't be offended if I haven't added as a friend in profile.
I've been to jail before and it's not someplace you want to be.
I'm just one of those people that gives as little info as possible because even though decriminalized,the law here is still,how should I say.......foggy.
Kudos to the 420 staff for protecting our freedom as well as they can.
Couldn't ask for a better site or quality of people in my experience.:clap:

Hello all!Well,I let em hang in the box for 5 days,clipped em down,and am now ready to put in the jar.From what I've read I need to burp the jar for an hour or so a day till they are ready for continuous seal.
Didn't get alot but what I did get......wow.

The smell:All I can say is skunky grapefruit.After I trimmed from stem all I could smell for hours is grapefruit.

The feel:Extremely sticky,a bit fluffy.

The pics:

DSCF1359.jpg

DSCF1360.jpg

DSCF1361.jpg

DSCF1362.jpg

DSCF1364.jpg

My smoke sample:
DSCF1363.jpg

DSCF1366.jpg

The smoke report result::ganjamon:
For only drying 5 days it was pretty damn smooth.No harshness at all.
The taste was somewhat grapefruity with a chlorophyl trace.
No doubt it will be smoother later.
The high hit me in the head at first.Actually surprised me.After the initial head high it became more of a total body high.Put me on the couch for a bit and lasted for a couple hours.
I'm really shocked at how good this is.:

The cure jar:
DSCF1376.JPG

DSCF1373.JPG

DSCF1372.JPG

That's it folks!I'm officially done with this journal.Thanks for joining me in my experiment.I hope to do better in the future.

Very nice man, i was wondering about your bounty from the tron! are you gunna implement it again anytime soon? Ya never know how long that stash will last you!!!

Back
Top Bottom