0818092200.jpg

0818092200b.jpg

WHY WONT THIS RE-VEG???
0818092202a.jpg

0818092203.jpg

0818092203a.jpg

0818092203b.jpg

0818092204.jpg

Why are you upset about when you switched to 12/12 on the tron? Looks like there is enough room for the flowers and your supplemental lighting. Better to be a bit undersized than oversized. If the plant was outgrowing the tron at this point, what would you imagine you would cut away? There just doesn't seem to be any good options if a plant overgrows its space, so I'd say it looks great man. Remember the title of your thread, first grow. No worries man, if you get good smoke on the first grow, I consider that a success.

what are those phototrons anyway ? where do you get them ?

Try going to Pyraponic Industries -- Still the Original. Still the Best. to see them. Considered by most to be way overpriced, they were probably the first widely marketed indoor growing device for cannabis even if they did not overtly say it was so. Ads for them have appeared in High Times magazine for decades and was for many, their first attempt at growing.

If they interest you, be sure to look for used ones as they can be much cheaper to obtain this way. I got mine for $50, and new it would sell for much more than that. See the one I have in my halted first grow in my sig.

yeah i bought mine second hand for a half of regos. lmao. so you cant complain. if i get a half of some goods, ill be happy. not t0o mention ive only put maybe, 30 bucks into the tron after that. and then the nutes i use for everything in my closet which will hopefully bring me more then the money i put into nutes and water etc. the phototron is only the way to go, if you want a small plant that you could put anywhere in your house. after this grow i seriously doubt ill have anything in the tron except for maybe a mother or when i clone and put seedlings and clones in there until theyre ready for soil/hydro.

i honestly feel ill be the guy who will have both hydro and soil until i find the best smoke and the best most efficient way for me to grow. or get tired of watching both. i doubt it will happen. i hope to eventually have a side by side, comparison grow, 4 of the same size clones off the same mother, 2 in soil 2 in hydro, and 4 different kind of nutes and see what works. ya know i think itll be fun.

Main issue I have with the tron is that it isn't light proof. It still needs a light proof room to be in for the dark photoperiod.

Main issue I have with the tron is that it isn't light proof. It still needs a light proof room to be in for the dark photoperiod.

That one is fixable although it might defeat the intended purpose of having a plant on display in your living room.

Other issues such as the SMALL space, lack of a drainage path from the factory coupled with the location of the ballast (on the bottom), and the (traditional) lack of light...

I know that they've sold lots of them to MJ growers but I always felt that they were better for people who wanted to grow plants that were small in size with relatively large and colorful flowers. You know, an attractive conversation piece.

It's just that once you add some real light, figure out a light-proofing solution, a drainage solution, etc... Well, it reminds me of that old joke about how you turned a trailer into a nice home (you know, build on a couple of porches, dig a basement under it, add a few rooms, add a second story, add an attached garage... then get a truck, pull the trailer out and roll it down a convenient hill, and then finish building your house).

I'll admit that Phototrons have been many a grower's first "method." Some of those growers even came back to grow again in spite of that:grinjoint:. And its place as a novelty is certainly undisputed regardless of your personal stance on the things.

But it's so easy to build a box to YOUR OWN specifications/requirements.

that is so true tortured. thats why i already bought a MH for my other plants, and i will probably never grow a a plant from start to finish in it. although, i have thought about putting a small 250w HPS or maybe even smaller. and take the the top off of tron and do it tht way. but you wont be able to lower the light below thetop of the tron. but idk. ill probably never do it. if i do happen to grow a plant start to finish. i may keep it in the living room. haha.

yeah i bought mine second hand for a half of regos. lmao. so you cant complain. if i get a half of some goods, ill be happy.

EXCELLENT! looking very nice, thanks for the update! :popcorn: my second tron is a craiglist special for $60!

issues such as the SMALL space, lack of a drainage path from the factory coupled with the location of the ballast (on the bottom), and the (traditional) lack of light...

It's just that once you add some real light, figure out a light-proofing solution, a drainage solution, etc...

I went ahead and added fans to the smaller panels, put in a low profile dual band LED UFO (that can recess all the way up in the hood if necessary), attached a PVC bulk head in the tron pot with a drain hose exiting through the bottom (past the ballast) into a jug, and am in the process of having the little lady sew me up a slip cover (like a BBQ cover) with tent style ventilation holes to slip over the machine during 12/12. All great, but it still doesnt make her any bigger. This one is about 20 years old before the upgrades, but if memory serves me, I produced some ok smoke in it a couple years back with just the U bulbs and a stupid loop fluorecent buld on top

...anyone have a truck I can borrow? I'm bout ready to pull the trailer outa my new house! :Rasta:

EXCELLENT! looking very nice, thanks for the update! :popcorn: my second tron is a craiglist special for $60!

I went ahead and added fans to the smaller panels, put in a low profile dual band LED UFO (that can recess all the way up in the hood if necessary), attached a PVC bulk head in the tron pot with a drain hose exiting through the bottom (past the ballast) into a jug, and am in the process of having the little lady sew me up a slip cover (like a BBQ cover) with tent style ventilation holes to slip over the machine during 12/12. All great, but it still doesnt make her any bigger. This one is about 20 years old before the upgrades, but if memory serves me, I produced some ok smoke in it a couple years back with just the U bulbs and a stupid loop fluorecent buld on top

...anyone have a truck I can borrow? I'm bout ready to pull the trailer outa my new house! :Rasta:

lmao. the trailor into a house thing is a pretty funny analogy. and it fits the tron perfect. all i did in my tron is hang 4 cfl's from the top, and i have one of the panels lifted up with a cpu fan in it. not sure on cfm. however i open the slides every morning, and just prop them next to it. not quite as nice as leaving them in, but theyre still doing their job.

yeah if i do continue to have any more plants in the tron, i will be putting new flouro u tubes in it. that will be a must. but for what i got in their, considering the u tubes are probably original my babys not doing too bad. :roorrip:

lmao. the trailor into a house thing is a pretty funny analogy. and it fits the tron perfect. all i did in my tron is hang 4 cfl's from the top, and i have one of the panels lifted up with a cpu fan in it. not sure on cfm. however i open the slides every morning, and just prop them next to it. not quite as nice as leaving them in, but theyre still doing their job.

yeah if i do continue to have any more plants in the tron, i will be putting new flouro u tubes in it. that will be a must. but for what i got in their, considering the u tubes are probably original my babys not doing too bad. :roorrip:

I think you would only need to replace 3 bulbs so that wouldn't be too much trouble or expense. My tron has 6 55watt Biax bulbs and 6 24watt Biax bulbs. Replacing twelve bulbs was expensive when I checked. I think I found the best replacement bulb prices at 1000bulbs.com. Definitely a better price than PI would charge you.

I think you would only need to replace 3 bulbs so that wouldn't be too much trouble or expense. My tron has 6 55watt Biax bulbs and 6 24watt Biax bulbs. Replacing twelve bulbs was expensive when I checked. I think I found the best replacement bulb prices at 1000bulbs.com. Definitely a better price than PI would charge you.

god damn. 12 bulbs? how is that set up?? mine ionly has 3 U tubes. & the cfl's i put in there. & i already checked into it the 3 i need are only like 7 bucks or so a piece. i just dont wanna try to replace them with a plant inside it.

god damn. 12 bulbs? how is that set up?? mine ionly has 3 U tubes. & the cfl's i put in there. & i already checked into it the 3 i need are only like 7 bucks or so a piece. i just dont wanna try to replace them with a plant inside it.

Check out phototron's website. Mine would be the one being sold as the phototron 9 nowadays.

yeah. i dont know if im just a stoner or what but i couldnt find a picture of the lights. just the page showing a house plant in it. but im assuming 6 U tubes, 3 attaching at the top and 3 at the bottom??

The bulbs mine uses pop out of a socket. There is labelling on the tubes and I just entered them into Google. 1000bulbs had a lot of selection. Best thing to do is to check out the total shipped price from PI and from them to know the best value for you.

Hey, the buds are looking real good considering. Looks like you are maximizing the yield from the tron nicely.

Back
Top Bottom