First Grow. Phototron box.

munki

yeah i should have vegged for at least 2 more weeks. but i decided to follow not only the FF nute schedule, but also, i was hoping flowering early might help to keep the height down, dont know if itll work. well see. and also, yes all the clones are from my buddys plants, i have 4 clones from him, all different plants. the one that isnt doing so hot, was off a plant that was the furthest along. they all were 2 weeks into flowering when they were cut. but that one was what seemed lie starting to flower, not preflower, but flower in the veg state [18/6]. check my threads posted for "budding during veg" these are the plants which my clones were taken from. the tall lanky one, which turned out too be purple haze is what the "shitty" clone was taken from. now, they all had roots formed in the rockwool before i put them into the soil. but it seems all the other revegged themselves, where that one seems to keep wanting to bud. im tempted to put it in with the tron during night time and keep it in 12/12. i really dont know what to do with it.

minus.

i wondered if you were gonna drop back in and check how my grow has progressed. yeah newport huh. im about 20 min outside of detroit right now.
but how you had 6 plants in your tron still amazes me. lol. i had 3 and it was way to dense. now i have 2. and i know i should take it down to 1. but i also lst'd idk. well see what happens.:roorrip:

Looks good WeedyMcWeedWeed!!

Your flowering clone will take a bit longer to get started and re-veg but it's never too late to clone. A flowing clone like that will produce lots of nice colas with no stress training required. I have 5 flowering clones going right now but I took them at only 2 weeks into 12/12.

I have cloned a mature bud (9 weeks) but it took quite a while to re-veg and grow to a mature plant.

:peace:

Harry

minus.

i wondered if you were gonna drop back in and check how my grow has progressed. yeah newport huh. im about 20 min outside of detroit right now.
but how you had 6 plants in your tron still amazes me. lol. i had 3 and it was way to dense. now i have 2. and i know i should take it down to 1. but i also lst'd idk. well see what happens.:roorrip:

Yeah man I'm still here! Not Newport,northport.North of Traverse city,close to the UP.:smokin:Also lived in Mt.Clemens/Anchor Bay area too!
I had started with 13 to begin with weedy,lol.It was an experiment and I was just curious,plus I didn't know how many ladies would turn up.
That is still the best smoke I ever grew!
One in the tron is enough for sure but I bet yours turn out just fine.Can't wait to see that thing completely stuffed! ;)

munki

yeah i should have vegged for at least 2 more weeks. but i decided to follow not only the FF nute schedule, but also, i was hoping flowering early might help to keep the height down, dont know if itll work. well see. and also, yes all the clones are from my buddys plants, i have 4 clones from him, all different plants. the one that isnt doing so hot, was off a plant that was the furthest along. they all were 2 weeks into flowering when they were cut. but that one was what seemed lie starting to flower, not preflower, but flower in the veg state [18/6]. check my threads posted for "budding during veg" these are the plants which my clones were taken from. the tall lanky one, which turned out too be purple haze is what the "shitty" clone was taken from. now, they all had roots formed in the rockwool before i put them into the soil. but it seems all the other revegged themselves, where that one seems to keep wanting to bud. im tempted to put it in with the tron during night time and keep it in 12/12. i really dont know what to do with it.

The phototron manufacturer, Pyraponic Industries (PI), has two booklets that come with the tron, a green one and red one. The green one is step by step in growing with their method. Using that method, they would have you set the lights to 16/8 and grow those plants to the top of the tron. Then, when they get a couple of inches above the tops of the lights, cut the tops of the plants and go 12/12. Buds start to form but when only 10% of the hairs turn color, they want the tron to go 24/0 until it gets back into veg mode. So, they treat the plants more like a fruit tree where the grower picks off small buds as they mature, then grow more on the same plant. They claim up to 9 harvests/year on this system.

I wanted the big harvest though, so I got out of my tron and went under a HPS.

yes. i too will be getting HIDs. i have a 250w MH setup right now over the DWC and clones. i want a 400w switchable. and a 600 HPS.

now for an update. not too many pics from the tron. been busy lately.

0730091241.jpg

0730091156.jpg

and i transplanted one clone yesterday .one left to do today.
0730091842.jpg

0730091844.jpg

0730091844a.jpg

Well get ready for some explosive growth once you get em under the HIDs. My advice though, is to just go slow and get what you need. Then, when you get to the point of really needing the other lights, you will have learned more by then and had more time to assess your skills and grow situation. I feel that by then, your ultimate purchase decisions will be different than what you thought you wanted earlier in your grow. That is how I'm approaching it myself.

On my first HID, Ijust watched the local craigslist for a while and picked up a good deal to start off. I can always sell it again for near what I got it for if I need to.

Well, have fun; I know I am. :rollit:

now for an update. on the tron.

0811091301.jpg

main cola
0811091300a.jpg

0811091300.jpg

0808092305a.jpg

0811091259.jpg

0810091254.jpg

0810091252.jpg

0808092306.jpg

0808092305.jpg

0808092304.jpg

and for the clones. ive already transplanted both of them for about two weeks already. theyre about a month and a week old. but idk when your supposed to start counting time for clones, so im calling it day 30. not gonna count the original week because they had just been cut and what not. so anyways. 2 weeks in the stryofoam cups and 2 weeks after being transplanted. i topped the one, the other is branching out like crazy anyways so i figured id leave that one go. anyways heres some pics

0811091303.jpg

0811091304.jpg

0808092252b.jpg

0808092252a.jpg

0810091251.jpg

0810091303.jpg

I like watching your journal as your seedlings were about the same size as the clones I started in my tron back on June 20th. They got pulled out eventually and thrown under the 400 watt HPS. Watching yours lets me guesstimate where mine would have been if I stayed with the tron.

Steady as she goes. See you at harvest.

woohoo! that looks great Sir! Thanks for sharing the update! Gave me a little burst of energy for my own tron grow! :thanks::peace:

ha ha yeah i bet. your UFO seems to be doing the job. i only have 4 cfls hanging.

I like watching your journal as your seedlings were about the same size as the clones I started in my tron back on June 20th. They got pulled out eventually and thrown under the 400 watt HPS. Watching yours lets me guesstimate where mine would have been if I stayed with the tron.

Steady as she goes. See you at harvest.

sounds good i cant wait to harvest. true. i also should i have only kept it at one in the tron. but you live and you learn. im keeping my eyes out for a MH/HPS switchable light system, or at least a HPS light.

Nice! Keep up the good work!

thank you ms fox, havent seen you around lately. hows things in your neck of the woods? any grows coming up?

so i got a question for all you pros out there. being this is in a phototron with cfls. should i trim some of the smaller branches that arent getting much light? will this help. ive only trimmed one branch out it only had about 3 sets of leaves and the the cluster of hairs at the the top, and was like 5" long. so it wasnt doing shit,and it opened a lot of space. any input would be appreciated.

wish i had a phototron lol

lmao. you only want one because you dont realize that after a week your gonna want something bigger and better. plain and simple. i was a month into my phototron grow and ended up buying a 250w MH for 100 bucks. i said why the fuck not. and now a 2 months into the tron grow and a month of using the MH im gonna go buy a 400w switchable MH/HPS. and i know after i get that im gonna want a 600w HPS. and keep the 400 for MH for veg and the 600w HPS for flower. and then ill be happy, for a short time. lol. well see how it goes.:roorrip:

so i got a question for all you pros out there. being this is in a phototron with cfls. should i trim some of the smaller branches that arent getting much light? will this help. ive only trimmed one branch out it only had about 3 sets of leaves and the the cluster of hairs at the the top, and was like 5" long. so it wasnt doing shit,and it opened a lot of space. any input would be appreciated.

The manufacturer of the phototron, PI, has recommendations on the manicure of the plants. They would of had you cutting away the larger leaves and like every other node on side braches. This I assume would shorten the internode distances and promote branching resulting in many budsites for the plants in the small space. Their flowering is most unorthodox though as they would only go 12/12 for 2 - 3 weeks, then finish a flower run 24/0. My guess is to just get the plants into the flower mode and then get them as much light as possible before they revert to veg mode. They don't harvest the whole plant but instead remove individual buds as they appear to be mature. They would be small buds though.

In your case, trim what doesn't get light. Look at my ScrOG grow to see how much can get removed from a plant and have it still recover. I was fairly aggressive on my last pruning.

The manufacturer of the phototron, PI, has recommendations on the manicure of the plants. They would of had you cutting away the larger leaves and like every other node on side braches. This I assume would shorten the internode distances and promote branching resulting in many budsites for the plants in the small space. Their flowering is most unorthodox though as they would only go 12/12 for 2 - 3 weeks, then finish a flower run 24/0. My guess is to just get the plants into the flower mode and then get them as much light as possible before they revert to veg mode. They don't harvest the whole plant but instead remove individual buds as they appear to be mature. They would be small buds though.

In your case, trim what doesn't get light. Look at my ScrOG grow to see how much can get removed from a plant and have it still recover. I was fairly aggressive on my last pruning.

yeah my lady is a little to far into flower, to trimas much as you did, i did however cut out about 5 or 6 branches that just had the cluster fuck of pistols at the top.

but yeah im not trying to do the take a small bud here and a small bud there. so im just gonna let it go in 12/12 unitl i feel its ready, ill probably end up borrowing my buddys scope to watch the trichromes as the turn amber.
:roorrip:

ok another update, the tron is looking and smelling beautifully. by my count given i am a stoner. but its day 72 from germ. and day 43 flower. i started the flower early because of size issues, and i really wish i wouldnt have. but oh well.

0818092150.jpg

0818092155.jpg

0818092156.jpg

0818092148.jpg

0818092149.jpg

0818092149a.jpg

0818092154.jpg

0818092154a.jpg

0818092150a.jpg

0818092151.jpg

0818092151a.jpg

0818092152.jpg