RageMonkey's Phototron - White Widow

When the leaves point up and the soil feels dry I give them each 1 or 2 sprays from a spray bottle. This usually happens about twice a day. I figure as long as they aren't drooping or turning dark, they should be fine with the water.

The growth rate on these is much faster than I expected. I can tell these will get crazy big within a few weeks if they keep going at this rate.

You do have to remember though, that keeping your soil substrate moist constantly can lead to root rot and a variety of harmful soil conditions. You wont lose much drying out your soil before it gets watered/nuted. It can be a beneficial thing and cause your roots to gain a good hold as well as preventing some detrimental conditions.

You do have to remember though, that keeping your soil substrate moist constantly can lead to root rot and a variety of harmful soil conditions. You wont lose much drying out your soil before it gets watered/nuted. It can be a beneficial thing and cause your roots to gain a good hold as well as preventing some detrimental conditions.

I hear ya. I imagine the roots will reach deeper to find water if I let the top dry out more. Makes sense.

Got new pictures from this morning. The smaller plant in the back is now larger than plant in the front. Lots of new leaves. Got 20 new seeds in today as well. 10 x NL and 10 NL x BB from Nirvana. I may start planting those mid November. As soon as the pcitures I uploaded are approved, I'll post today's set.

Pics form this morning. The one in the back is rocking.

DSC01241.JPG

DSC01242.JPG

DSC01243.JPG

DSC01244.JPG

The new drip irrigation system arrived today. I just finished setting it up. Pictures are uploaded and awaiting approval. This thing was incredibly easy to setup. You basically drop in the resevoir, run some tubing through the stakes, and add the drip emitter. The whole thing runs off a single 9v battery.

I transplanted the two plants out of the cups and into the larger pot. One plant is really taking off. It's stem is twice as thick as the other and it looks like a plant stem while other still looks like a seedling stem. I saw some roots when I transplanted the smaller one. It looked like a few of the longer ones were hitting the edge of the cup. I think that may have had something to do with the slowing growth in that plant. It's canopy is significantly smaller than the other plant.

Anyway, I have the new drip emitter filled with only 2 gallons of spring water and it's set to the lowest setting of 30cc's per day per emitter. I have 4 installed in the 12" diameter pot. This is the equivalent of 0.5 cups/day. I will run it this way for the next few days and watch the dryness of the soil. I may have to add another emitter or possible increase this to 40 or 50 cc's per day. I would rather be a little short on the water and see how the plants perform rather then risk drowning them. =)

Pics to follow.

2 newly transplanted beauties. The smaller one has a little purple on it stem. I imagine this is due to the previous root problem I noticed when transplanting. It's about 2 or 3 leaf sets behind the other plant. Anyway, you can see the four emitters here. I looped them around the pot. I may have to add a 5th int he center. We'll see how the soil dries.

DSC01247.JPG

Phototron moved to the floor of the closet because the resevoir is gravity fed and must be placed at least 2.5' off the ground. BTW, the spot light installed in the top is the blue LED grow lamp. It has 90 LED's and a clear lens. The plants have been responding well to it.

DSC012451.JPG

This is the resevoir which fits nicely on the shelf built into my closet. =)

DSC01246.JPG

:allgood:

Very cool. I was asking more to know for my self than as a suggestion. Its a gorgeous deivce and youre putting it to good use.

The auxillary power connector is about 4' long and it comes down from the center of the top above the reflector. There is also a clip in the top that you can hang lights from.

I had my germination light hanging about 4 inches above the cups in the unit originally. I used a light socket with a built in hook and attached it to a string to suspend it. It worked well.

I'll grab some photos tomorrow morning and post them. I added a 5th drip emitter to the center of the pot. The soil was drying unevenly with the drip emitters placed around the circumference. I also adjusted the watering cycle to 60cc's of water/emitter. Basically the watering system turns on twice a day and supplies water for 6 minutes each time. At that setting, this pot will receive 10.14 oz of water per day. This should be sufficent to make up for losses due to an average temperature of 85 F while I'm going for 10 days starting saturday.

So far the plants looks nice a happy. =)

Sounds like youre getting settled and you have a schedule and a plan. Glad its working well so far, man. Best wishes.

The larger plant has a dozen or so (per leaf) pinpoint yellow dots scattered on the older leaves primarily in the center of the leaves or near the tips.

The other plants has none of these. I'm a bit worried that this may be the start of some spider mites. I guess I'll find out if it's a nonevent in about two weeks. For now I sprayed the undersides of the leaves with a mist of cost water. I will try to get the moisture level up through saturday morning.

You can gently rub your leaves off in single strokes with a moist sponge. It worked for me getting rid of spider mites at an early age.

Back
Top Bottom