Kro's Soil Auto White Widow - First Time - 2018

Today will be the first feeding. They've pretty much dried out the initial coco soak (which has 1/2 recommended dose of calmag, 1/4 dose of floranova grow) .. I did notice that slightly faster growth happened once the coco was very dry (my moisture meter registers 2.5/10)

Giving them today only 1gal each, 1/2 dose of each calmag, floranova grow and 3/4 dose of bioroot.

I am waiting for amazon to drop off a new PH pen and a ppm meter (last one I could not calibrate.. little white thingy that sticks into the solution was freyed too) .. got my ph4 solution to register, but then distilled water showed up as ph6.5 .. I spent hours calibrating (and making sure everything was a perfect 25°c .. no go) .. new pen better work so I can get the feeding down to 5.5 (recommended by a patron at the local hydro shop)

I think I have my nutes lineup.

I've been using the camg+ and biotrhive on my outdoor strawberries this year, and wow, the strawberries love the stuff and they grew faster, with larger, sweeter fruit than they did last year (I've only sampled a few so far as they are still flowering)

Gave them their feeding.
All got 1gal, ph 5.5, 420ppm (go figure)

1. Thing1
    • In: 1gal 5.5ph 420ppm
    • Out: ~1L 6.5php 475ppm
  2. Thing2
    1. In: 1gal 5.5ph 420ppm
    2. Out: ~1L 6.5ph 639ppm
  3. Thing3
    2. Out: ~1/2L 6.3ph 961ppm
  4. Thing4
    2. Out: ~1/2L 6.3ph 933ppm
Any red flags there?
Here are a few pics of them while they were out of the tent.

When they are that young you got to be careful not to burn em up

I'll cross my fingers. And I did only 1/2 the recommended doses. I'll be on standby to flush if needed. I still like how I got 4gal @ 420ppm

And thanks. I needed the input about ppms. I'll see how this goes for now and if needed I'll 1/4 dose for post flush and next round

All looking good so far. Since the feeding, all 4 plants have almost doubled in size. Noticed some minor side leaf curling but no discoloration.

Thing3 fell over today. Its stem grew in a sideways S at the top of the soil (wierd), so I staked it.

End of day 16 for thing1 and thing2, and end of day 9 for thing3 and thing4.

Quick pic update.
Don't think I ran into a problem with 420ppm on last feeding, but I dont think my ph pen works accurately and believe that I have developed a ph caused magnesium deficiency.

Today I borrowed a ph pen, flushed with 10gal ph 6.5, let drain thoroughly, then added back ph 6.5 nutrient solution of 325ppm for thing3 and thing4 and 450ppm for thing1 and thing2. They've drooped hard after being put through that.

Here's a few pics. You may notice the yellowing and curling on thing1 (they all have it, but only thing1 is easily visible), and thing1 had crunchy leaf edges along with purple stems (thing2 appears to be shedding its purple stem), thing3 and thing4 are slowly turning green. (Flushed them all to be safe).

Quick update, I'll add pictures later.
Thing1 and 2 are 30days above ground.
Thing3 and 4 are 23days above ground.

The other day, I topped thing1 and fimmed thing4. Thing1 recovered within hours and thing4 recovered by next day. All new tips are growing quickly.

Thing1 and thing2 hace sprouted some preflowers with a few wispy hairs.

Ive secures their base stems and bend them all over into the dirt, 2 hrs later they were pointed back at the lights praying.

Had a small bit of nute burn the other day, added ph6.5 plain water top up and the yellow tips have not progressed any further nor spread to other leaves (it's been 4 days since)

I think the grow is going well with the exception of thing3 being a bit of a runt.

Super minor nute burn on 3 of 4 plants, just tips of some new growth, maybe 3mm each in total. Appeared within a few hours of feeding, added in a bit of PHd water, and nute burn did not progress.

Thing1 and thing2 are 34 days above ground.
Thing3 and thing4 are 27 days above ground.

Since this is first grow and learning, I took 1 plant from each group to test on. Thing1 and Thing4 were chosen.

Thing1 was the original runt that just seemed "off". Thing2 was motoring and growing super short and bushy at a rapid pace, so I left her be to her own devices (except heavy lst)

Thing3, what to say about thing3? Thing3 is f#$%d, tiny little runt growing slowly, she was the first to start flowering (even though shes 7days younger than thing1/2), I left her alone with some minor lst.

Thing4 was the only other candidate, which has been the leader in growth, shes super short, compact and bushy as all hell.

I topped thing1. Took less than a day to recover and is doing wonderfully.

I fimmed thing4. Oopsies. I think I missed a bit. However, there are 6 new growth tips at the top, most likely because of super tight node spacing. Anyways, it took about 3 to 4 days to see any new growth after fimming. Looks like 4 of the 6 will be ok, the other 2 are kinda sitting there stagnant. It's been almost a week, I think she's still a bit stressed as shes growing a little slow on top (however, undergrowth is almost back to full speed)

Only thing2 and 4 have started flowering (they had only lst), thing1 has preflowers, and thing4 hasnt hit puberty yet.

These girls all grew sideways, popped from the dirt, then went horizontal. So they are only 2" high and bushy making it damned near impossible to water near the stem center. Almost all soil in 2 of them are covered by foliage with only maybe 1/2" gap between soil and leaves. Doh.

Next batch going down next Monday to start 6wk veg for 2mo perpetual. Menu includes: 2 x Northern Lights, 1 Amnesia, 1 Critical Mass. Will be vegged under 325w cfl in coco 70/30 premixed, flushed and ph'd.

Can someone help me find the source of this yellowing on new growth. Its only on 1 plant.

I'm thinking magnesium, iron, zinc or sulphur. Just no idea which.

Back
Top Bottom