Kro's Coco Grand Daddy Purple: Disjointed Theme

kronox

OK, it's been 5 weeks and figured it was time to get these girls into their own journal.

Because I'm a fan of the show disjointed, my girls names come from the show. We have Ruth, Olivia, Jenny and Dabby.

3x3 tent
Started with 2x125w cfl for veg, 1 burnt out so now only using 125w cfl.
3gal coco/perlite 70/30
Started with General Hydroponics, switched to Cyco

Seeds: BC Seed King - Grand Daddy Purple feminized

Week1: Put seeds in shot glass for 24hrs. All 4 cracked. Bought a rapid rooter tray off Amazon, pulled all but 4 plugs. Moistened with 350ppm bioroot/camg+/floranova grow. 3 of the 4 popped up (Ruth did not want to show her pretty little head). So in went another into the shot glass; Ruth #2.

Week2: Ruth #2 popped up without any problems. Smooth sailing... kept them moist with the 350ppm solution mentioned above. Moved then into 3gal pots.

Week3: A good few days, then...leaf issues! Ended up that I accidentally gave them straight tap water end of last week (need to read my labels better), which was PH8.0. Fixed that right up with some new cyco nutes I was given. Really high ppms, but wow, the girls like it.

Week4: Moving along nicely, running about 1150ppm ph5.7. Temps: 74f to 80.1f, rh: 40% to 55%.

Week5: waited an extra week for Ruth to catch up, topped them all at the 5th node. They didn't slow down at all.

And here we are. All up to date.

I'm gonna ride along if you don't mind.

Welcome. I'm excited for this round. I pulled out some amazing colors in the white widows with this tent, and I can only hope for the same here. Cant wait to see all that (non deficiency related) purple shine through.

2 more weeks ish until 12/12 .. need to get finanaces in order so I can get more than a 125w bulb over them. Thinking 900w led for a 3x3 will suffice.

Detected a magnesium deficiency the other day in one plant. Since all 4 get the same nutes in the same amounts, I don't think that there was a lack of magnesium in the nutes.

I'm taking a leap and guessing it was a PH issue. My PH hadn't been calibrated in awhile. So I flushed each with 2gal PH6, then 1/2gal full nutes at PH5.6 (they are in 3gal pots)

New growth doesn't appear to show any new deficiencies, but those giant fan leaves are nicely striped.

On another note, I've been watching Ruth have some interesting leaf patterns, kinda like birth marks. I thought maybe I splashed them with nutes, but they havent burnt like other splash zones. Some, but not all new growth are showing the same patterns. You can sorta see them in the pics from the first post, but, once home later tonight I'll pop up a few fresh pics.

Another another note. Need some input. Though I have 2 rounds already going, i'm already trying to plan my next round. Theme will come later after I've picked my 4 strains. I have 3 picked and am waffling on the last.
1) Jack Herer - undecided
2) Haze Berry - Royal Queen Seeds
3) HiLo - unknown
4) either Bangi Haze or Sour Diesel

4th is undecided. Looking for high "Euphoric", which, for me gives me tonnes of energy to tackle large projects.

It's been busy lately, so I am making my round of updates.

These girls are growing slowly under the 125w cfl. I never did replace the second one. Oh well a few extra weeks of veg for pack of light, no biggie. I have a Vs 900w arriving Thursday for the 3x3, i'll give them the weekend under the new led at 18/6 then on Sunday evening i'll be switching them to 12/12 ... 9 weeks veg is too long for only 3gal pots (they are not even close to root bound yet .. water fully every 3 days)

Ok, in the last couple weeks I just kept the course, did some lst, defoliated, made mistakes and 1 good mistake. Pretty much a normal couple weeks.

These ended up quadlined 1 node higher than normal. When tying down a branch on Dabby, it snapped and no amount of tape would help (I tried). She is now a triline. The 2 lower branches I have started shaping out towards the proper direction. Instead of 90 degrees between branches theres 120 degrees bewteen.

On the talk of degrees. Ruth gets an honorable mention. Her topping f'd up .. so she got a fim. Too bad she was set up to be quadlined. 2 extra branches. I kept them all and twisted the stalk just below the upper 4 branches so that each of the 6 branches is 60 degrees apart.

And just more lst after that up to now.

Constant temps daytime 79 night 75. Rh hovers around 45 to 52.

Cyco nutes system 1200ppm ph5.7

Lights on 18 off 6

Much like my other thread, I got busy with a new job.

Let's start with: do these look like granddaddy purples to you?

I had a bad time with all 4 hermieing. Ive cleaned them all up and no reoccurances for awhile now.

Day 32 of flower

I guess I just never knew you had this one going! Congrats both on your last grow and journal. Looking forward to seeing these ones finish. I see you went mainly with quadlining again? I think you need a #Quadsquad in your signature... Only if you want to! Best of luck on the rest of the flowering phase and lets see another successful grow from your corner!

Havent posted an update for a bit, not much to report.

They are definitely looking more like GDP than before now that they are getting a purple color. The buds are thick and dense and filling in nicely. Pistils are not plentiful like all the other plants ive grown, but meh.

I moved them from the 3x3 to the 4x4 with the last Nl. They love the larger tent: more light, more room, much lower temps.

Pics later tonight or tomorrow (they sleep from 3am to 3pm)

Day 63 flower. I think they seeded. No more white pistils and no new growth. 80%milky, 20% clear. Only amber is on the ends of sugar leaves.

Gonna chop them all down tomorrow and see what I can salvage. They aren't even close to the size I was expecting. Oh well. Gotta get my next seeds on order asap

Back
Top Bottom