White Widow Auto - First Public Journal

Looking nice i might do ww next am doing feminized seeds from herbies atm but am gonna join the ride and see how yours do how bigs your tent and how many you fit, i got a 1.2m x 2.4m tent and not sure how many autos i could squeeze in but still give enough room to breath

I don't use the tent during spring/fall/summer other than in the early spring (late winter) to get sedlings started early to put out in April (especially Autos for a spring harvest in MAy -- anyway, it's small. The smallest sizt that Gorilla Tents make...Says up to 6 mature but no way more like 4 tops...with my grow style it would be more like 2 or 3 with tons of training...it's like 2x3x5 foot tall?

420-magazine-mobile1426598006.jpg

Thats my sourD

Some shots from today!
20170530_194429.jpg
WWAuto-5-31-17-1.JPG

She's starting to fatten up and mature a bit faster than I anticipated...
WWAuto-5-31-17-3.JPG
WWAuto-5-31-17-4.JPG

...one minute everything is white pistles everywhere, next day and half later about 30% are starting to die and receed...this is good just going fast than I remember...that have to do with it being an Auto?
WWAuto-5-31-17-6.JPG
WWAuto-5-31-17-7.JPG

Also...some you can see trichs pretty well (used my macro lense on tripod _ was going more for art than science, but some of you harvest experts might be able to tell me more...seems most are clear and/or beginning to cloud...very few amber. again I'm looking for about 10-15% amber if I can time it right with your help?
WWAuto-5-31-17-8.JPG

So, if you know you're sh!t with timing right with outdoor potted autos (white widow inthis journal) I'm all ears! Many manyThanks!

FWIW I usually PH my water down some using Blue Gold Non-Caustic Organic pH Down Concentrate as my tap here is pretty good other than being very hard at an average 8 to 8.4 PH...I like how safe the blue gold is and also how once it's down to say my target PH of around 6.2 to 6.8 it stays there for the most part one I make a batch of ACCT with it, or am doing a quick organic liquid blend feed.

I also luckily don't usually have to get my water from the tap directly...I have a 4000 gallon 4 foot deep pond that's teaming with micro and macro life...so I usually just dunk my buckets / watering cans in my pond for a great base water that's been aerated a ton, is chlorine/mine free, heavy metal free, totally balanced as far as nitrates/ites and ammonia go with the added bonus of being enriched with teeming microbes hard at work nitrifying and stabilizinng the biology of the water...the PH is up to me unfortunally.

My super-soil by itself is pretty acidic (blood meal for starters will do that quickly), so even if I didn't PH the water (which in the spirit of transpaency, I Do NOT always PH my water -- There I said it - I'm a guilty noob lol! -- but I know some of you have also skipped it ...( well, I guess not the die-hard purists...no, they never skip PHing their water - I salute you folks! Truly I do!)

Anyway, for this and future journals it should be known that I PH my water most times -- especially when feeding or making an ACCT -- only exception being when I'm trying to culture native soil microbes in a brew -- then I don't PH the water because they are adapted for high PH already...maybe that's a mistake? I don't know -- seems to work fine...always open to ideas and evolving techniques!

More updates soon...still waiting to see if anyone has a loose opinion on about how much longer until harvest I've got? Thanks!

I am to careful to move them if i cant get a good pic till harvet day then am affraid i got to wait, quick question how many autos would you put in a 1.2m x 2.4m?

I'm no indoor auto expert but I would venture to start at 4 to 6 and go from there...I'm finding that depending on the phenotype(s) present in a given Auto strain, which ever pheno is dominant that's what you'll be working around for the duration of the grow -- in the case of my white widow, I'm seeing many more Sativa qualities with this girl than indica -- Everything from her leaves, and that she's taking her sweet time finishing up says Sativa is dominant in this one...that and her stretch before full-flowering was crazy!

I'm growing outdoors until the indoor winter and even then that will be only for a few months (Nov-feb) then back outside again...so as far as that space it would depend on a couple things (for me) - 1. Auto-strains 2. Lighting quality....

I'm no indoor auto expert but I would venture to start at 4 to 6 and go from there...I'm finding that depending on the phenotype(s) present in a given Auto strain, which ever pheno is dominant that's what you'll be working around for the duration of the grow -- in the case of my white widow, I'm seeing many more Sativa qualities with this girl than indica -- Everything from her leaves, and that she's taking her sweet time finishing up says Sativa is dominant in this one...that and her stretch before full-flowering was crazy!

I'm growing outdoors until the indoor winter and even then that will be only for a few months (Nov-feb) then back outside again...so as far as that space it would depend on a couple things (for me) - 1. Auto-strains 2. Lighting quality....

Im currently using 1 600w lumii sunblaster but debating going led as ive seen alot of nice grows out of them plus being english out side is a no go : (

Im currently using 1 600w lumii sunblaster but debating going led as ive seen alot of nice grows out of them plus being english out side is a no go : (

AH I see...I live in Central California (like right in the middle central lol), so pretty leniant over here compared to you I guess?...I DO however get all my seeds from the UK as I've had great results with everything I've gotten from over there and prices after shipping are competitive...In March when I popped my first batch of seeds (this White Widow Auto included) my small tent I have was used exclusively until APril 1st when I began taking plants outside during day and inside into tent at night...then in May, they all stayed outside - so my tent in not in use right now.

I have both a 400 Watt Enhanced Spectrum Hortilux HPS (for eventual flower in winter harvest) and/or a 400 Watt Daylight Hortilux MH for Veg, as well as a 300 Watt LED set at a 45 Degree angle slightly below HPS/HM Light, and on the 4 sides I have 4 x 24watt T5 bulbs hanging verticle for side lighting. I only used this setup for about 6 weeks though...again, my tent is in standby and those lights won't be used unless for a lighting emergency before winter, or I want to start seeds / plants in a more controlled environment before going outside.
My next journal will be some photo-period Tangie (my absolute favoite strain) I put into starter pots today...I have about 12 plants going right now in various stages...this white widow being more far along. About 3 weeks after WW harvest will be a Sin Tra Bajo Auto high CBD strain, and a month after that I'll have some Fruit Punch and TCH bomb autos ready for harvest -- Then all my remaining PhotoPeriod plants (I plan on about 5 fall harvest plants [all maturing between Sept-Nov] - Tangie x2, Durban Poison, Acolpolco Gold, and 8-Ball Kush) --

After that, I can toy with tent growing for a small but potent winter crop -- IOW I'm clueless about the tent growing right now lol, thus my first public journal being an outdoor (yet potted) plant. Thanks for interest!

Sounds like you got enough equipment lol i cant wait to harvest but being 12 days into flower i still got a long wait to go :( sick of paying for weed £160-£200 an oz over here

Updated pics from today...she's fattening up daily now...about 50/50 with hairs receeding and trichomes are mostly milky now (few still clear)...I gave last "feed" last night -- last couple weeks of grow left she will be getting straight pond water with a bit of molasses to keep micorbes going in soil for last couple week...I'm going to start letting soil get pretty dry between waterings to hopefully stimulate a bit more resin for the last push before harvest...we'll see!

KMC4013.jpg

False - seed pods are realy swelling up now...trich heads are also swelling nicely as is typical of white widow last couple weeks of maturation from what I read and see from others....

KMC3977.jpg

Creamy Bokeh to go with Creamy bud :)
KMC3964.jpg

Nice and filled in for a 5 gallon smart pot
20170603_100913.jpg

Forgot to mention that [some] fan leaves are beginning to pale and yellow and/or die back ( took some off before pic)...so another good sign she's getting close!

Pics from this morning...found either moth or butterfly eggs (most likely white cabbage butterfly) scattered all around the leaves yesterday -- too late in the game to get them so I spent hours picking them off : /

Anyway-- I'm thinking about a week off from harvest give or take a few days...she just keeps thickening up and trichs (as of yesterday) were mostly mixed clear and cloudy -- so not there yet!

20170606_095358.jpg

^^Can you see the egg? ^^...grrrrrrrr!
20170606_095251.jpg

^^Gettin' frosty...^^
20170606_095022.jpg

^^Thinking over an ounce? Maybe two? ...one can dream right?^^

Some pics from yesterday and today...this will be finishing week 10 -- being a white widow (auto) can be tricky from what I've been reading as far as harvesting at peak -- looking for more 70/30 cloudy/amber but right now it's mostly amber -- waiting to see if trichs fill up more too...anyway I don't think I'll go beyond week 12 with her, but might push through week 11 next week...was REALLY hoping she would be ready this weekend but don't think so...
WW_6-7-17-1.JPG

WW_6-7-17-2.JPG

WW_6-7-17-4.JPG

WW_6-7-17-3.JPG

20170606_095358.jpg

Also, been finding these damn moth/butterfly eggs (most likely skipper or cabbage butterlfy but could be a moth) on my plants..so I've been painstakingly picking them off one by one every day if I find any from the day/night before -- ughhh
egg_pics-3.JPG

egg_pics-2.JPG

BUT - I DID find good eggs too! These stay - these are Lacewing eggs and these larvae will devour anything in it's path (thrips, whitefly, aphids, young catepillars -yay! -- so, if any other baddies make it have fun with these when they hatch with ya :)
egg_pics-4.JPG

Keep ya posted later...peace everyone

Harvest Day!

So I had to harvest about 5- days early....just got sick of every morning having fu%$ing eggs from a moth/butterfly all over my buds each morning from the night before...that and it's going to be 4+ days of 104+ degree heat next week...perfect storm for increased pest potential, but more importantly killing my terpines, potency and resin in that consistant heat -- don't need to heat strees my buds just before harvest which was planned for NEXT weekend...

This is beginning of week 11 -- just about perfect for this variety (full 11 to 11.5 weeks would have been ideal for me)

Most of the trichomes are cloudy and a few amber, so very close to what I wanted...

Here are some prgessive photos of the harvest...
20170610_101105.jpg

Main Cola...
20170610_110424.jpg

Main Cola...
20170610_110808.jpg

Main Cola...
20170610_110821.jpg

Main Cola...
20170610_111710.jpg

Finished harvest weighs a little under 3/4 lb wet
20170610_112457.jpg

After manicure I did a quick bud-wash and rinse using a light H2O2/water solution and plain RO water...hung under a fan for a few hours to get excess moisture off -- first time I washed buds, but I REALLY like how it hydrates them prior to hanging them -- for sure this will help prolong the initial drying time before cure next week...

I had to improvise for my dry spot -- way too smelly for in the house. So, in a cabinet in garage I rigged a wire to hange buds with clothes hangers...the Rh and temp were too low and too high respectivly (temp in there was like 80 and RH was about 35% -- way too low for the slow 5-7 day dry I want) ...so in order to get humidity up closer to 55% and the temps more like 70-75 degrees, I took a beach towel and soaked it pretty good with water, folded it and placed a small clip fan to blow over the thickly (wet) folded towel...I was thinking "swamp cooler" right? and it worked very well! Within an hour the temp was down to 70 and the RH was between 60%-55%...at night I left garage opened a bit and cabinet door ajar to accomidate lower temps / higher RH -- this morning when I went out to check, temps were 65 and RH was 55% with door left ajar....I'll keep this up for a week before I jar and begin the cure...

Journal is done...many thanks for checking it out...wrote it mostly for my own online record and maybe help someone out in future....overall the Seedsman White Widow Auto is a winner in my book!

Next journal might be to catch up on my Sin Tra Bajo auto -- but I just sprouted my two favorite photo-period strains of all-time -- Tangie and Durban Poison...

So while I do have 5 more autos going in raised beds right now that are due in July (THC Bomb x2, Fruit Punchx2, Afghan Massx1) - I think it will be more fun to take on the long-term BIG Fall harvest I'm looking to achieve -- Looking at placing the Tangie and Durbans in 20 gal smart pots and/or raised beds.

Stay tuned for a cure and smoke report by Aug/Sept -- gonna cure @62% to 58% rh for at least 2 months prior to smoking...

~KcHaZ~

Harvest Day!

So I had to harvest about 5- days early....just got sick of every morning having fu%$ing eggs from a moth/butterfly all over my buds each morning from the night before...that and it's going to be 4+ days of 104+ degree heat next week...perfect storm for increased pest potential, but more importantly killing my terpines, potency and resin in that consistant heat -- don't need to heat strees my buds just before harvest which was planned for NEXT weekend...

This is beginning of week 11 -- just about perfect for this variety (full 11 to 11.5 weeks would have been ideal for me)

Most of the trichomes are cloudy and a few amber, so very close to what I wanted...

Here are some prgessive photos of the harvest...
20170610_101105.jpg

Main Cola...
20170610_110424.jpg

Main Cola...
20170610_110808.jpg

Main Cola...
20170610_110821.jpg

Main Cola...
20170610_111710.jpg

Finished harvest weighs a little under 3/4 lb wet
20170610_112457.jpg

After manicure I did a quick bud-wash and rinse using a light H2O2/water solution and plain RO water...hung under a fan for a few hours to get excess moisture off -- first time I washed buds, but I REALLY like how it hydrates them prior to hanging them -- for sure this will help prolong the initial drying time before cure next week...

I had to improvise for my dry spot -- way too smelly for in the house. So, in a cabinet in garage I rigged a wire to hange buds with clothes hangers...the Rh and temp were too low and too high respectivly (temp in there was like 80 and RH was about 35% -- way too low for the slow 5-7 day dry I want) ...so in order to get humidity up closer to 55% and the temps more like 70-75 degrees, I took a beach towel and soaked it pretty good with water, folded it and placed a small clip fan to blow over the thickly (wet) folded towel...I was thinking "swamp cooler" right? and it worked very well! Within an hour the temp was down to 70 and the RH was between 60%-55%...at night I left garage opened a bit and cabinet door ajar to accomidate lower temps / higher RH -- this morning when I went out to check, temps were 65 and RH was 55% with door left ajar....I'll keep this up for a week before I jar and begin the cure...

Journal is done...many thanks for checking it out...wrote it mostly for my own online record and maybe help someone out in future....overall the Seedsman White Widow Auto is a winner in my book!

Next journal might be to catch up on my Sin Tra Bajo auto -- but I just sprouted my two favorite photo-period strains of all-time -- Tangie and Durban Poison...

So while I do have 5 more autos going in raised beds right now that are due in July (THC Bomb x2, Fruit Punchx2, Afghan Massx1) - I think it will be more fun to take on the long-term BIG Fall harvest I'm looking to achieve -- Looking at placing the Tangie and Durbans in 20 gal smart pots and/or raised beds.

Stay tuned for a cure and smoke report by Aug/Sept -- gonna cure @62% to 58% rh for at least 2 months prior to smoking...

~KcHaZ~
Nice harvest, i have four seedsman ww autos on day 62, i can't wait till they finish up.✌

Nice harvest, i have four seedsman ww autos on day 62, i can't wait till they finish up.✌

yeah not bad for one small auto! My first auto and I was impressed...I wish I could have gone another week but the coming heat wave would have been brutal on them finishing the way I was hoping, and I can get in a decently cool dry this week before jar cure begins next week -- when the heat will arrive in force, so pests and heat stress will be my main focus while it lasts...ugh

This one seemed had a strong sativa pheno going as far as finishing length but not sure...always next month's autos and this fall's photo-plants so no worries on heat then :)

Thanks and have fun! Link up if you have a journal going....would like to see it. Again, this was started indoors, moved in/out ALL damn April and finally went outside for good in May (and all my plants now are outdoor)...

Here is what I will have after cured...have not weighed yet and won't until finished in Aug. or later -- I'm pretty patient when it comes to "better with time" things.

Anyway, no smoke report yet as it won't be accurate enough -- I'll test a nug in July and report back before final weigh/cure pics/report...

Three 32oz mason jars pretty packed...not bad for my first outdoor Auto
jars25.jpg

I love the color that is beginning to develop...
wwautowk1cure.jpg

** It should be noted, that while I do indeed have my medical card, I'm looking be giving most of this harvest away to special needs patients in my area that can't afford to buy their meds, and/or can't get out to get them...***:high-five:

Here is what I will have after cured...have not weighed yet and won't until finished in Aug. or later -- I'm pretty patient when it comes to "better with time" things.

Anyway, no smoke report yet as it won't be accurate enough -- I'll test a nug in July and report back before final weigh/cure pics/report...

jars25.jpg

wwautowk1cure.jpg

** It should be noted, that while I do indeed have my medical card, I'm looking be giving most of this harvest away to special needs patients in my area that can't afford to buy their meds, and/or can't get out to get them...***:high-five:
I do have a journal but i cant figure out how to add it to my signature, im not sure if i can without a laptop but if you go to journals in progress and search Tom Smith's First Indoor Grow With Autos 2017 it should pull me up or you can click on my name at top of this post and should be easy to find, i have a 4×4 tent with mars 1200 with 3 ww autos and three thc bomb autos, i also have a 1000w hps going in a separate room with another ww auto and another thc bomb auto along with 7 DJ short blueberry, this is my first indoor grow, i have growed outdoor for the last three year but indoor is alot different. So far it has went pretty good, hopefully it keeps going smoothly, here are pics of my 3 wws in the tent, i have alot of pics on my journal, you are welcome anytime, hope i will be harvesting two of my ww in about 3 more weeks or so, the other two will be a couple mor weeks behind.✌
2001935d76b8b3887b3914cdf090e843.jpg
993b36a5be782f92b417421f2973e4af.jpg
adc63c4392dd55a9ae53e1dee5927e94.jpg
a6e930f0043d675b72c80ba1afe3b1e1.jpg
818b0c5cd136d9b6150085d6b7499fe1.jpg
5fb6bec26400ff16fe2cbb739cea046a.jpg

jars25.jpg

wwautowk1cure.jpg

That's so nice what you are doing by helping people out, give me a smoke report when ready.✌

Back
Top Bottom