PacificPeach's First Grow: White Widow Auto & AK-47 Auto, 2016!

My harvest was 6 oz 2 plants
1c1fa98f656b3b5d80d741b6e138a0d8.jpg
68befbfbe0d82ff2157998b14fd32edb.jpg
those are just lil buckets the tops are 7 grams at least

Sent from my Robin using 420

That's pretty cool- we are excited to do our first harvest in about a week. We are figuring we will probably only get 1 to 1.5 ounces from both WW plants together, which is not that great. But it's my first time, so I am still pretty happy to get anything. I wasn't even sure if I would actually be able to do this at all.

My harvest was 6 oz 2 plants
1c1fa98f656b3b5d80d741b6e138a0d8.jpg
68befbfbe0d82ff2157998b14fd32edb.jpg
those are just lil buckets the tops are 7 grams at least

Sent from my Robin using 420

That's pretty cool- we are excited to do our first harvest in about a week. We are figuring we will probably only get 1 to 1.5 ounces from both WW plants together, which is not that great. But it's my first time, so I am still pretty happy to get anything. I wasn't even sure if I would actually be able to do this at all.

I'm getting ready to germinate a couple of seeds for my next grow. I'm going to germinate 2 seeds later this week so they are ready to go when we harvest. We decided I definitely cannot grow the Black Thai Super auto in my current set up because it gets between 2 and 3 meters tall. So we are going to try 1 Narcotic Kush auto (Cream of the Crop - 60 days), 2 Afghan Kush auto (World of Seeds - 45 days), and 1 OG Kush (Sensible Seeds 70-80 days). I think I will start the Narcotic & OG first cause they take the longest.

It's been very cold here (16 F) and my tent is in my unheated basement. We decided to leave the light on 24/7 because we were afraid that it was getting too cold. It's supposed to warm up to 30 F today. The tent is right next to my furnace and hot water heater so it stays a little bit warmer that way. Sometimes I feel like I am always improvising. If this were a real experiment, I wouldn't be changing things left and right all the time.

Thanks to the moderators who helped me out! Finally able to post again. We harvested the White Widows this week and they are drying. Looks like we will have about 1.5 ounces which we are perfectly happy with for this first grow! The AK-47 autos are still in flower - we will probably pull them in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

IMG_112752.JPG

This was the root ball from one of the WW autos. I was surprised it didn't seem to be very well developed. Makes me think that I didn't provide the right kind of nutrients for root development at the right time. Any ideas on what is the best stuff? I didn't use any Cal-mag and I keep seeing that mentioned.

We are drying out the buds. We bought a hygrometer and some special packets that keep the humidity at the right level for curing. I feel like there is so much to learn about the whole growing process but it sure has been fun so far. We probably will have a little more than an ounce from these 2 WWs. The great thing is that since we started out by growing autos, we are happy with our smallish harvest. I would imagine that if we started out with photo period plants we might have been disappointed with an ounce.

We still have the 2 AKs to harvest also from this first grow.

I have been trying to start a few seeds but I must have done something wrong. The first 2 seeds have been germinating for 10 days and nothing has happened. I'm getting discouraged. I put another seed in to germinate 3 days ago. Today, I am going to start a few more seeds.

I have been trying to figure out what I did wrong. I put the seeds in very light soil, the same way I did the last time. But this time, I tried to speed things up by putting the pots in my grow tent and keeping a warming pad under the pots. It's about 85 F in the tent with the lights on and the warming pad. I guess it must be too warm for the seeds to germinate. Last time I just left the seeds in the living room until they popped. So I guess I will try that again with these new seeds. The problem is that it's winter here and it's only about 60 F in my living room.

I guess it must be part of the process that not all seeds will germinate. 555.

We just checked on my tent. Surprisingly, one of the seeds I started on 1/11 - 11 days ago finally hatched. So now I have hope that the other seed I started that day will germinate also. I guess I have to start a new grow journal for my second grow!

The AK-47s are doing nicely. The buds are getting fatter. They started flowering about 12/14, so they will have 56 days of flowering on about 2/9.

IMG_114535.JPG

IMG_114441.JPG

Back
Top Bottom