Athos' Soil White Widow Auto Journal - 2014

no problem. heat stress frays the leaves upwards and we call it tacoing. the downward claw is called nitrogen claw.

Still on the low N diet. I also built them a new home, so they did have to spend a day in the shower. ;) The new tent is going to get a layer of black plastic on the outside for light tightness. The cool air comes from an AC register and is brought up by some ducting and blows down on the girls. I got both electrical strips up off the floor and the timer outside the tent for easy access. The new tent is about 5x2x6.
DSC_0838_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0837_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0836_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0833_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0830_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0829_-_Copy.jpg

So I'm thinking about starting round two and I wanted some feedback on my plan. My auto's still have weeks of flowering, so I'm thinking about starting a single photo-period plant and vegging it in with the autos. I would then top it and clone it until I had 3 or 4 plants. Hopefully the autos would be ready to harvest by the time they got too big. So when should I germinate? I'm on about day 41 and have about 30 or 40 more days... If I top and clone the autos should finish before they take over right?? And, which should I start??

Blue Kush Fem
World of Seeds Northern Lights x Big Bud Fem
Royal Queen Critical Fem
Skunk Haze
BlimBurn Seeds CR+ Fem
Delicious Seeds Fruity Chronic Juice FEM

your plants look great. I usually plant new seed about 3 weeks before harvest to keep a perpetual grow going. most plants take 63-70 days from first pistil sighting.

Time for an update. This week I started a Bomb Seeds THC bomb photo period, I'm going to veg it and clone it a couple of times and then flower the lot. My flowering plants are coming along, well, mostly. The Indica dominate shrubs are both doing great.
DSC_0937_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0938_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0941_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0943_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0942_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0930_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0928_-_Copy.jpg

The other plant is looking pretty fried. I haven't given it any more N but there must have been a bunch more in its soil. It's still alive and growing taller still. Should I still waste resources on it?
DSC_0936_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0935_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0931_-_Copy.jpg

Thanks everybody!

very beautiful. I've also noticed that sativas are more sensitive to nutrients. she'll be ok :)

you should consider doing water, feed, water, feed. that's what I do and my plants don't really claw anymore.

very beautiful. I've also noticed that sativas are more sensitive to nutrients. she'll be ok :)

you should consider doing feed, water, feed, water. that's what I do and my plants don't really claw anymore.

Thanks for the input b.real, I think I'll give that a try and it's a good thing to remember about Sativas for the future. I wrote that in my notebook for my next grow, Water/Feed/Water/Feed.

Let's Begin

Strain: White Widow Auto
Time from Germ: About 3 weeks
Medium: Soil
Mix: Black Gold w/ Earthworm Castings + Blood Meal + Bone Meal + Used Coffee Grounds + Powdered Egg Shells
Pot Size:10" Clay pot ~2gal
Lights: 4 - 48" T8 2 - Bulb Fixtures with 6 - 32w - 6500k bulbs and 2 - 32w - 3000k bulbs + 2 - 42w 6500k CFL and 2 - UVB bulbs
Cooling: Home's AC and a Fan
Temp: ~85
Pests: None Yet
Watering: Every 2 or 3 days as needed
Fertilizers: Currently using 1/4 tsp of Kelp/Blood/Humic/Azomite/Jam Guano/Molasses per gallon in different combos. Every other feeding is pure water. Going to top dress with Plant-Tone after the next set of leaves.

OK now for the pictures!
01a1.jpg

My Tent
02a.jpg

03a.jpg

Two shots of the inside, because I run high temps I added some yeast CO2 generators. I brew beer also, so this was easy, I had all the stuff.
04a.jpg

My Babies and a close up of my setup
05a.jpg

06a.jpg

#1 Close up
07a.jpg

08a1.jpg

#2 Close up
09a.jpg

10a1.jpg

#3 Close up

There you have it. I've taken a ton of written notes but I left them in my vehicle so I'll add any relevant info in a follow on post. All of the tent and stuff is DIY. Feel free to comment or to ask me questions. It'll be nice to have medicine now that I got my card :Namaste:

Athos

SUBBED
:nicethread:

Love the DIY setup...It looks badass with the bottles and tubes everywhere!!!

:welldone:

:blunt:

:peace:

Day 52 Nothing really new, to report. Tall plant #1 that was fried, is not really doing anything, the buds are not visibly growing. The color of the leaves on all the plants are starting to fade starting at the bottom, I believe the this is just the normal end of life consumption of resources, as I only have a couple of weeks left.

I invite anybody sub'd to this grow to sub my next round of plants, see my sig below for the link! Thanks!

Athos

Day 57: Getting Close! You can't see it but I see mostly cloudy and maybe 1 or 2 amber per picture. I'm going to feed only water for about 1 more week and then check again. It's looking like day 64 (week 9) for harvest if things go like I think, but if things look the same I'll let it go another week for Day 71 (Week 10) Right on Schedule for these Autos. So that would be 5 waterings with only H2O.

DSC_1190_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_1191_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_1194_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_1193_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_1195_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_1196_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_1199_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_1202_-_Copy.jpg

Thanks for the comments and assistance

pretty, stacked, and getting there. just wait till you see the size they get. I've been growing with cfls and they can make some big buds for sure :goodjob:

Almost harvested today, I watered with tap instead and will likely harvest in 3 days. I'm kinda torn between wanting to get this stuff dried and cured and not jumping the gun. So my journal will end with my preparations of the bud. Here is my plan. The best buds, the main colas and bigger branches I'm going to save for smoking. The rest of the popcorn and shake I'm going to divide in half, one half I'm going to heat in a crock pot with some coconut oil and then mix that in with some chocolate, my wife will love those, so I'll have to hide it. The other half I'm going to freeze and wash with cold Everclear to make some oil. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom