Ganja_smoker's Hydroponic Grow Journal

excellent grow! any ideas for a new strain to start growing in that beast of a setup?

The End?
Here's an update.......
I harvested on January 8. Everything is dried out and in Jars. I have not weighed it yet, but it's looking like the average amount I've been getting. I'd say there's about 6 to 8 ounces....

I decided to "shut down" for a while. I'm keeping a couple of plants going the veg room for when I decide to start back up. I also started a couple of new seeds about a month ago and they are full grown now. They are "super shiva" seeds that came free with my white widow seed order. My next crop will be half super shiva and half white widow.

I'll keep you all updated with a harvest report sometime this week, then you probably won't hear from me for a while.​

This is actually his third grow...they are just all under the same journal. His first grow was just as dank though!
I would consider this whole journal up to now my "first grow". I started four plants from seeds about a year ago, three of them were female. Since I only need one female, I got rid of the male and budded the other two females. Everything else since then was from the same plant. I've had it on a two month cycle. As the plants were being budded I was cutting and growing new clones to be ready-to-go as soon as the buds were harvested.​

I always like to let people know how easy it is to grow....you can see what I did for my first try. Anyone who tells you it's hard to grow weed is probably just a stoner who burned too many brain cells! no offense to anyone :cheesygrinsmiley:

:peace:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

STILL GROWING.......

Since my last update, I took a short break, but kept a mother plant growing under the fluorescent lights (vegging). I've had two more very successful harvests.

I moved into a new home a few months ago and I was able to bring along a few clones. They did fine on the move and now I'm getting ready to harvest them this weekend.

day66a.jpg

Today is day 66. These have been on a water-only flush since 11/13.

day66b.jpg

I have five clones growing in my veg room. Four of them will go over to the bud room a few week's after I harvest this. And, I'll keep the other as a mother to take clones for the next crop.

:smokin:

Harvest - 11-22-08

Harvest Day was on 11-22. Day 67 of budding.

100_13811.jpg

I think this is some of the best bud I've grown so far!

100_1382.jpg

I've been averaging around 350 grams per harvest. This time, after drying, I had 239.3 grams total. There's not as much as usual, but it looks, smells and tastes better than ever!

The buds hung up to dry for a few days, then I put them into paper bags for a couple of days, then into Jars.

Jar #......Weight.........Grade
1..........21.7 g.......... A
2..........21.0 g.......... A
3..........22.5 g.......... A
4..........22.4 g.......... A
5..........24.6 g.......... B
6..........22.7 g.......... B
7..........13.1 g.......... B
8..........15.7 g.......... C
9..........12.7 g.......... C
10.........20.6 g.......... C
11.........19.1 g.......... C
12.........14.5 g.......... C
13......... 8.7 g.......... C
Total.....239.3 g
:byebye:

Moving right along......

On to the next crop.

Here you can see my new BUD setup. I kept it simple. Just a 2X4 frame to hold up the light and some string for plant support. Big plastic storage container for the reservoir - inside is 10 gallons of nutrient solution, a water pump and an airstone. The system is "Flood and Drain" set to flood the tray 3 times a day when the light is on. 400 watt HPS Light is on 7am to 7pm. Flood times are 8:15 am, 1:15pm and 5:45 pm. It floods for 30 minutes, then drains back into the reservoir below.

100_1384.jpg

I took cuttings from the "mother" plant on Oct 19 and moved them over to bud on Dec 2. Here they are.......

100_1386.jpg

:yummy:

The new vegetaion room

Here it is. I set it up in the closet.

100_1388.jpg

I'll take cuttings from this "mother" plant about halfway through the budding cycle.

:peace:

Glad to see you back with new house, new setup, and new buds! Keep up the great work, this is the most inspirational threads I have ever seen. That's probably because Mr. Green from "I Grow Chronic" put your original system in my head about a year ago. When I saw the begining of this thread, I knew you had taken some points from him and I can't believe how well you've made it work. If I had the capitol, I would be right there with you growing with a very similar setup.

This has to be one of the best grow threads I have read. I am in the process of my 1st grow. I purchased my 400w HPS Saturday and I can't wait to start the flowering process.
Again, great report.

Great work on your ladies. I can't wait to watch these grow!

What strain are you working with now, Ganja?

It's white widow. You can see the original mother plant (3ww), if you go back to June, 2007 in this journal. EVERYTHING since then has been a clone of 3ww....or clone of a clone......clone of a clone of a clone.......

:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom