LED Trinity Grow - Round 1

Eh, I wouldn't worry about breaking their roots at this age TOO much. I have seen growers completely cut clone roots just put it into soil. It stunts it for a week but then it shoots off like normal. Any way, you're welcome bro, I hope the best for your yield, how much were you anticipating?

I was originally hoping for a 1/2 pound out of the closet, but realistically I'm not gonna hit that. I'd be happy with anything over 4 zips out of this closet. The other closet is gonna produce more than this one I think, it was just a much smoother grow at the beginning and defol was done on the proper days etc...Can't wait to start the next round and apply all the stuff I've learned.

ohhhhhh!! The mail man just paid a visit and brought me a surprise. :)
Just in time for Harvest.

IMG_220410.JPG

IMG_22055.JPG

IMG_22078.JPG

This should make trimming while sitting on my a$$ a little easier. The main reason I splurged was the screen in the top tray. I'm gonna be taking a lot of walks to make shoe hash with this thing. ;)

>>> I'd be happy with anything over 4 zips out of this closet.

Is that for both closets combined? It looks like you may be under stretching yourself by the looks of things ;)

That bin looks so convenient. If you don't mind, can you update me with a quality report of that product after you try it out at harvest. I think I may know what I want for christmas.

>>> I'd be happy with anything over 4 zips out of this closet.

Is that for both closets combined? It looks like you may be under stretching yourself by the looks of things ;)

That bin looks so convenient. If you don't mind, can you update me with a quality report of that product after you try it out at harvest. I think I may know what I want for christmas.

4 Zips is just out of the large closet (i hope), and I want 5 out of the smaller. smaller closet is going to produce more for sure.
As far as the bin, it looks great. My plan while trimming is to throw a movie on my comp, and sit in my chair with the bin on my lap. The screen is the main reason I bought the bin, not only can I use it to trim but I can use it to collect all kinds or goodies for me. :) I'll definitely take some pics of the bin in action when the time comes. It would really make a nice gift to put under the marijuana tree for Christmas, for all the growers out there.

Sorry I've been inattentive stealth...life...LOL. I would like to discuss defoliation a little. You stated that the defoliation you performed stunted your plants, and that you were planning to do it again at some point. This baffles me, mainly for the fact that they are in flower. I have seen some folks have some good results with a defol, but the side by sides ALWAYS show diminished growth and development. If we look at this logically, it boils down like this; you have a set amount of time that the plants are going to be in a flowering stage or configuration....around 8 weeks....whether you defol or not. So, that time that the plants are recovering from the defol is LOST...you can't get it back....the plants aren't going to finish a week later because they were stunted. This is lost time that the flowers could have been developing...rather than recovering. I will admit that I'm not a big fan of defoliation, but I may or may not do it.....but only during the veg period, and I make sure the plants are fully recovered before I flip. This is all just mcloadies view.........and can be ignored.......if something doesn't make sense to me I don't do it..........even if Jorge does.....LOL...Have a great weekend and I'm anxious to see how everyone sees this process.....or explain to me how this is a good idea...LOL....I know folks who have many years experience....more than many of the experts.............

Sorry I've been inattentive stealth...life...LOL. I would like to discuss defoliation a little. You stated that the defoliation you performed stunted your plants, and that you were planning to do it again at some point. This baffles me, mainly for the fact that they are in flower. I have seen some folks have some good results with a defol, but the side by sides ALWAYS show diminished growth and development. If we look at this logically, it boils down like this; you have a set amount of time that the plants are going to be in a flowering stage or configuration....around 8 weeks....whether you defol or not. So, that time that the plants are recovering from the defol is LOST...you can't get it back....the plants aren't going to finish a week later because they were stunted. This is lost time that the flowers could have been developing...rather than recovering. I will admit that I'm not a big fan of defoliation, but I may or may not do it.....but only during the veg period, and I make sure the plants are fully recovered before I flip. This is all just mcloadies view.........and can be ignored.......if something doesn't make sense to me I don't do it..........even if Jorge does.....LOL...Have a great weekend and I'm anxious to see how everyone sees this process.....or explain to me how this is a good idea...LOL....I know folks who have many years experience....more than many of the experts.............

I'm with you MC, I wanted to try the defol method because the closets were very cramped and the lower bud sites were getting no light at all.
After reading some journals and doing some research I decided to give it a try. It really helped with Humidity lvls in the closet, and overall the plant got much more light. Defol did delay the plants a little in my opinion, but is that going to be offset by the larger buds I'm going to get from lower in the plant that would have been tiny popcorn bud, instead of a nice nug?

Next round I'll try the same strain (Master Kush) without defol and we'll see what happens. I honestly don't think all the lower bud sites would be as developed as they are if I hadn't of done a little defol to allow more light to get down.

This being my first grow I'm definitely still learning and wanted to give defol a try and follow the example that was given, which was to defol around day 21 and day 45 of flower. Next round I'll try something a little different, and third round i'll mix it up again, only using the best methods/experiences the previous grows have taught me. ;)
Thanks for your input.

All the lower bud sites that are getting lots of light and growing strong now, I'm not sure they would have looked this nice if they were shaded by the big fan leaves above.
IMG_21986.JPG

Have a good weekend.:)

After thinking a little more, there is soooo much I'm going to do different next round that you really won't be able to compare the two grows. I've learned so much from the experience of actually growing the plant and from all you great like minded people.
Next round its gonna be 1 strain..more training..a lot less nutes..no power failures.lol
Speaking of nutes, I think what B.real was hinting at in earlier post is correct, part of my problem this grow was overfeeding. I was stunting the growth by overfeeding as well as the defol and power failures etc..
Next round I'm gonna try and knock it outta the park.
Its funny, I'm almost more excited to start the next grow than harvesting this one. ;)

I bought four inexpensive, easy to grow strains for my first grows, while not the best criteria, I didn't want to invest too much money in seeds. The are Indica/Sativa hybrids, from 60-75% Indica with relatively small heights yet good yields and decent THC levels. There are Easy Rider (current grow), Dutch Dope, Skunk Red Hair and Super Skunk. I also received 20 free seeds of unknown varieties that I will try once I get some grows completed.

I bought four inexpensive, easy to grow strains for my first grows, while not the best criteria, I didn't want to invest too much money in seeds. The are Indica/Sativa hybrids, from 60-75% Indica with relatively small heights yet good yields and decent THC levels. There are Easy Rider (current grow), Dutch Dope, Skunk Red Hair and Super Skunk. I also received 20 free seeds of unknown varieties that I will try once I get some grows completed.

The Super skunk looks very nice, 1st pick for me, and Dutch Dope a close second, and my third pick would be the red hair, just based on the short write ups I found and the look of the buds.
;)

clone em all and wait til you see the flowers and start another round of beans.

I would need separate veg/flower spaces wouldn't I? At present, and for the foreseable future, I have only one, so consecutive, independent grows are the best I can do at the moment. I can start seeds for the next grow while I'm drying the current one, but that's about as much as I can realistically overlap. I'm hoping that I can get enough yield out of two grows from August/September to March to satisy my needs for the entire year. Growing from April to July/August is difficult due to spring break/summer vacations as well as environmental issues. My grow box/closet area does not really have any extra room for cooling/humidification devices so I'm at the mercy of local weather conditions and home heating/cooling systems.

The Super skunk looks very nice, 1st pick for me, and Dutch Dope a close second, and my third pick would be the red hair, just based on the short write ups I found and the look of the buds.
;)

Yeah, I was thinking of doing one of the skunks next and I like the look of the Super Skunk over Skunk Red Hair as well. Dutch Dope is the tallest strain and I was thinking of waiting until grow 3 or 4 since I would probably need to top or LST to maximize that strain in my grow box. Thanks Stealthgrow!

I would need separate veg/flower spaces wouldn't I? At present, and for the foreseable future, I have only one, so consecutive, independent grows are the best I can do at the moment. I can start seeds for the next grow while I'm drying the current one, but that's about as much as I can realistically overlap. I'm hoping that I can get enough yield out of two grows from August/September to March to satisy my needs for the entire year. Growing from April to July/August is difficult due to spring break/summer vacations as well as environmental issues. My grow box/closet area does not really have any extra room for cooling/humidification devices so I'm at the mercy of local weather conditions and home heating/cooling systems.

I hear you loud and clear colorado high.

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving if your in Canada.
I had an awesome weekend at the cottage with the family. The lake was mirror calm, and it was nice and sunny, with all the fall colors in the mountains, Its so nice this time of year. My wife and I also celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary on the Oct 11th, so all in all, It was a great weekend. ;)

Went to check up on the grow when I got back this afternoon, and the girls are looking amazing. The PH was down to 4.7 though, I've never seen it so low before. I topped up the reservoir with regular water and got the PH back to 5.8.
I also noticed a couple of leaves with some signs of deficiency or lockout after the super low PH levels, not to worried though, the buds are looking great.

Today's Stats
Day 58 since flip to 12/12
PPM= 660
PH=5.9
Air Temp= 76F
Water Temp= 69F
RH= 51%

The Girls.
IMG_000175.JPG

IMG_001447.JPG

IMG_000283.JPG

IMG_000385.JPG

IMG_000484.JPG

IMG_002152.JPG

IMG_000584.JPG

IMG_001956.JPG

IMG_001853.JPG

IMG_001056.JPG

IMG_007835.JPG

IMG_008136.JPG

Here is a pick of one of the deficient leaves, lots of purple in the leaf stem, definitely deficient in magnesium.
IMG_008628.JPG

The Clones are doing very well and are exploding with new growth. I LST'd the tallest 4 clones again today using twist ties attached to empty net pots beside the clones. The White widow is still the largest and is really spreading out well with the training.
Clone reservoir stats
PPM= 296
PH= 5.7

IMG_006037.JPG

IMG_006430.JPG

IMG_006531.JPG

IMG_006326.JPG

IMG_006634.JPG

The closets. 2 weeks till harvest.:yahoo:

IMG_006928.JPG

That's it for another update everyone, next update on Thursday when I start the 10 day flush.
I really wanna thank everyone for following the journal up to this point, I've had some ups and downs in the grow but overall is was a great learning experience, and the next grow should hopefully be amazing with all the information I have gained and learned from all you great like minded people here on the :420: grow forums. I could have done it without you, but it wouldn't have turned out nearly as good as it did. ;)
A huge thanks to everyone and until next time, stay medicated my friends.
:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom