Serious Seeds Chronic Grow

Out of the 4 plants only 2 are showing signs of trouble. I think it may be a deficiency, possibly maganese. Yesterday I gave all of them a 1/2 strength mixture of maxigrow vegitative nutrients and transplanted them into 3 gallon buckets. The affected leaves are also brittle. Anyone have any suggestions?

IMG_06981.JPG

IMG_06972.JPG

soilless mixes(peat+pearl) work best at about 6.2 ph. also you are running a low amount of lumens (low metabolic rate) so you should water more than you feed to allow the plant to absorb all the nutrients . if you have any live stuff in the mix (compost or real soil) then ph needs to be at about 6.7.

My soil ph is 6.9 but I guess if I foliar fed them with 4.5 ph water that could have caused the lockout? I sprayed them with plenty of fresh water yesterday too. I am having an issue with uploading pictures now and have sent email with screenshot to the webmaster so hopefully I'll have some pictures soon.

Also, I did move these 4 plants under a 400W MH so they should get plenty of light now ;-)

I'm not too sure what it could have been since I know that I sprayed them with 4.5PH water by accident and gave them nutes at the same time. Anyway, Greenhand, the new growth is looking much better, thanks!

I'll post some new pics next week after they have grown a bit more.

Day 33 from seed and they are looking much better! I really think it was the 4.5PH water I was spraying them with accidentally that was causing problems a week or so ago. I decided to use 18/6 light cycle to save a little on electricity. I am watering them with approximately 32 oz of water every 3 - 4 days and every-other water I started using 1/2 strength nutes. I will go to 3/4 strength for the rest of the veg cycle.

Does anyone know how tall these plants will get? This is my first time growing Chronic and I only have about 5 1/2 feet of height from ground to bottom of light. They are between 9 & 10 inches in height now and I was thinking of going to 12/12 when they get to be about 18 - 20 inches, will this make them too tall for me during flowering?

I have another question about trimming them. Do I want to cut a few of the bottom branches off of these or just let them be? I have no experience with topping, etc... Although, Serious Seeds does not recommend topping this plant.

Here are the recent photos:

IMG_07191.JPG

IMG_07141.JPG

IMG_07171.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_07153.JPG

If height is not an issue, I would pune the bottom 4" off. the bottoms will just lay in dirt and get nutes poured on them. They are looking good! Keep wet/dry on them and they wont shoot through the roof :) If you flower them at 18" they will get pretty large maybe 5-6 feet, at 12" about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 feet.

Thanks for the nice comments and the great info! I'm going to work on trying to make my grow space a little larger and taller. One guy with a shovel in a cramped space so its gonna take a while ;-) It is pretty cool that each plant is so very different. I have one skinny one, one short one, one bushy one, and one tall one. I think I will trim off the bottom 2 branches to keep them off of the soil. Thanks again for the help guys! I'm gonna enjoy watching them grow big and fat! :Rasta:

It's kinda hard to really tell at this point but I think I may have 3 girls and 1 boy. I germinated the other 5 seeds and they all sprouted. I hope they catch up fast since they are under the MH light from the start unlike the 4 plants now that were 3 weeks under approx 5k lumens of cfl's. They started off slow and have really picked up since being under the MH.

Grow babies grow!

I took some pictures of the plants trying to see if I can determine the sex yet. Its hard to tell for me.... I may have to wait another week before they show.

Plant 1 - I think girl:
plant13.jpg

Plant 2 - I can't tell:
plant24.jpg

Plant 3 - I can't tell:
plant32.jpg

Plant 4 - possibly a boy, not sure:
plant4-a.jpg

I worked hard this week to dig out a much larger area under the house for my grow room. It sure is a lot of work digging and filling up buckets with dirt and dumping them on the other side of the crawl space! Anyway, the space is now 5ft wide x 12 ft long and 5' 9' tall. I plan to paint the concrete wall bright white.

The plants are coming along nicely, I may start to flower next week as they are about 14 inches now. Also, I have 5 more chronic seedlings and 1 haze special.
Here are some pictures.

Here is the new room.
IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0741.JPG

I moved it up higher for the picture, it can go about another foot higher. I am keeping it about 24 inches above the plants the rest of the time. Does that sound about right if I am getting ready to flower or should I get the light closer?

im sorry i got to this thread so late or els i would have had some sugetions for you. im not bashing your plants you've done a very nice job. props, i would have done some things differently. If you would have continued to top the plant you would have some serious bushes. i garuntee they dont recomend topping the plant is so you needto buy more seeds from them. i would have topped it two more times. But something you still can do is supercropping. look for the supercropping thread on this forum and you will read all about it.

Back
Top Bottom