My White Widow Adventure

my vote goes to couchlock :p (mostly amber) nothing like removing yourself from the world for a a couple hours. :rofl:

Thank you Ms Fox... that is an excellent post from racefan.

Stoney, I did an experiment with my last grow and wrote reports on 3 stages of the trich colors and think I may like the more amber, still need to do more research... (at least this is the kind of research that is right up my alley) :Rasta:

Thanks again Harry & FIlla.. I haven't had the pure couchlock yet, but certainly hope to soon!

I think I may have asked the question in the wrong way. I haven't grown white widow before and was wondering if at day 44 of flowering with about 25days to go before harvest if the trichs should be mostly cloudy already.... just seems a little soon to me, but I still have a lot to learn too. I think with the chronic I grew last the trichs only started to turn cloudy about 2 weeks before harvest.
:peace: :ganjamon:

well its always better to let it gooooo on the full 70 days unless more than 70% of the trichs are amber before then. the reason for this would be, IMO is mooses white widow. just take a gander if you already havent man. truly stunning work he did on those beautiful girls.

well its always better to let it gooooo on the full 70 days unless more than 70% of the trichs are amber before then.

Hey Filla, thanks for that very important (at least to me :smokin: ) information about 70%. That's pretty much the answer I was looking for but didn't really know how to ask. So basically even though it seems the trichs are turning a little early, it still could take the full 70 days before the ratio is 50/50. I guess I was wondering since my trichs are now mostly cloudy would that mean my harvest would be early, like 58 days or sometime sooner than the 70 days. But you answered my question and gave me some numbers to use as a guideline.... I'll just keep a close eye on the trichs.

youre quite welcome! any appricieated input of mine is always a suprise :O lol
you said you would keep an eye on the trichs, it is a wise decision to do so as every plant is different and has it's own 'mojo' so to speak :)do you have any Co2 producing elements in the room? a boost in Co2 will deff increase trich production.(quality and quantity)

Thank you Ms Fox... that is an excellent post from racefan.

Stoney, I did an experiment with my last grow and wrote reports on 3 stages of the trich colors and think I may like the more amber, still need to do more research... (at least this is the kind of research that is right up my alley) :Rasta:

Thanks again Harry & FIlla.. I haven't had the pure couchlock yet, but certainly hope to soon!

I think I may have asked the question in the wrong way. I haven't grown white widow before and was wondering if at day 44 of flowering with about 25days to go before harvest if the trichs should be mostly cloudy already.... just seems a little soon to me, but I still have a lot to learn too. I think with the chronic I grew last the trichs only started to turn cloudy about 2 weeks before harvest.

I LOL in your general direction :ganjamon:
(not at you man, at what you said .. cracked me right up brother)

I try to throw humor in whenever possible, sometimes it works and well... sometimes it doesn't... but I gotta try ;-) Thanks Stony!

Filla, no co2 producing going on in my room unfortunately... That is something I would like to look into. Hell, I still don't have an exhaust filter come to think about it. I am pulling fresh air from outside though and the plastic room I built does let some of the hot air out, thankfully I don't have any heat issues as it hasn't gotten above 84 degrees even on the hot days.

I would love to make a small bedroom into two grow areas, one for veg and one for flowering. But I just don't have the extra space. At least the wife agrees that the next house will have that extra room for my 'office' :smokin:

Thanks pcmoe and welcome to 420mag

Hey wwilde... I am still foliar feeding but now about every 5 days or so, sometimes I forget and do it a day or so later. I'm trying not to soak the buds only the leaves...not sure if that matters though.

Oh, I ordered another 400w MH setup today with agrosun bulb 40k lumens to match my current setup. I decided that it would be better to match the light and not go with a bigger light and cause uneven growing ;-) I don't really have room for a seperate veg and flower room so figured I'd just add more light for all the plants.

Does anyone think that I should have gotten a different light or you all think I made the right decision to match the light?
:peace: :ganjamon: And thanks for the replys!

Hi Everyone, I don't really have an update. Everything is going well so far. Today using pollen from a Red Diesel Male I pollinated Red Diesel and Arjan's Haze #3 girls. I only did two buds on two girls. All of the girls look pretty healthy and getting fat :) So I wanted to post some pics for day 50 flowering. Also including one of the Arjan's Haze #3 on about day 10 of flowering. I just can't remember the exact day I put her under 12/12. Here are the pictures, enjoy.

This is a close-up of the more sativa dominant one
IMG_1562.JPG

This is a close-up of the more indica dominant one
IMG_1563.JPG

This is more mix I think 50/50 maybe?
IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

And here is the Arjan's Haze #3 girl
IMG_1567.JPG

mmmm nice and frosty i think youre goign to be blown away, as with everyone who grows their own ussualy are..is?..uh....you know what im trying to say lol great fricken job man I want to get a hold of some arjans haze i seen a video on it a while back. doesnt the guy responsible for the strain have his own coffee shop?

Thanks guys! Filla... I am pretty sure that they do have a coffee shop but don't know the name. Franco from Greenhouse seeds just joined this site and has been browsing.

So, I go in yesterday and see some weird discoloration on a single leaf and turn it over and damn! spider mites.... So I treated all of the plants to be safe and sprayed the tops of the soil too. I think they are coming in through the intake vent, looks like I need to put a filter on that, heppa or something.

Today, I check them and see that most of the side branches on the white widows are just below 90 degrees from the weight of the side buds.. not such a bad problem to have I guess :smokin: I tied them all up and everything again looks good!

I am still waiting for my additional 400mh setup to get here and also just ordered a Vortex 4" Centrifugal Fan - 172 cfm and Can-Filter 33 - 13" Carbon Filter to go with it since the vaportech 4000 is having some difficulty eliminating all the odor. It does a very good job with a couple of plants 2 or 3 but had to break down and get the filter setup. I'll update later next week probably once I get the other light and exhaust set up.

4twenty4all, looking delicious mano. I gotta give ya
the obligatory "Drool". :grinjoint:

It's nice to see ya producing some seed. I wanna try,
but with my small area I'm a bit afraid as I don't wanna corrupt
the yield that some of the larger grows have. I'm just trying to have
a continual grow to supply my own needs and As soon as I find
a seed bank that ships to the US and is reputable , I do want
to acquire some full fledged Indica seeds tho. We'll see.

Props for a beautiful grow so far.

Peace :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom