My White Widow Adventure

Runamok.. Thanks for the drool man my mouth was kinda dry :rofl: Check out my chronic grow... I show how to use a paper bag and plastic and trim the male so you can grow him next to girls with no pollen getting on them.. then you collect the pollen and select which buds will be pollinated. Serious Seeds Chronic Grow

So I have an update..... I got my light and carbon filter setup. Now don't laugh about my cardboard box bracket for the fan ;-) It actually works great, the fan doesn't rattle or vibrate. I got the 265cfm squirrel cage and the can33 carbon filter; which I desperately needed because the entire house started to stink. About one hour after having it on, the smell was pretty much gone and now 10 hours later there is no smell at all. :roorrip:

The plants are doing great. There are some amber now scattered about, maybe 5 - 10 % I need to cut them on Thursday the 18th which will be day 67 for them, I have no choice. Something came up and I'll be unable to tend to them for just over a week and I'd be afraid to let them go 79 days and the last 12 days unattended. I am sure that they will still be good.

Do you think the extra 400w I just added will make much of a difference with yield being that they only have 8 days left?

Here are the pictures as promised :clap:

I was going to get a bracket but the box works so well....
IMG_1573.JPG

Group shot with the new light setup
IMG_1588.JPG

This is a picture of Arjan's Haze #3 on day 18 of flowering
IMG_1575.JPG

and a close-up
IMG_1587.JPG

Here are the white widow girls day 59 flowering.
IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1582.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

:peace: :ganjamon:

Some of those bud shots up there as I scrolled down kept making me gasp. They're beautiful and gnarly at the same time.

I sure understand wanting to cut rather than risk the days of inattention. What if you just left one of them - maybe the runt, to fend for itself? 79 days isn't overly long. Just water before you leave and turn the lights out. I bet she'd add weight. Are you feelin' lucky?

Thanks Stoner...

Thanks Freak.. Are you saying to leave the lights off for 12 days? Sorry if I read that wrong... That may be an option to leave the small one and drench her before I go. What do you think about harvesting only the top portion and heavier side branches then leave the smaller lower buds so they can grow bigger?

Thanks for that Stoner! I just assumed that because the buds on the bottom were much smaller that they were 'younger' I guess you could say, meaning that the trichomes would not be as far along as the upper buds. Its great when you learn something new! I'll just see how they look when I harvest and decide how to harvest at that time, Thanks again for that info.

Yah mon. A damn fine cola.

4twenty4all ,
Awesome mano... I think I'm in love...

Peace :roorrip:

Thank you guys, I'm really enjoying the smell every time I go into the room. There is such a complexity of smells with the different varieties in bloom. She is the fattest right now by quite a bit. The others are packing on a little weight though. I can't wait until Thursday for harvest!

that. is . gorgeous.
white widow right??
:cheesygrinsmiley: enjoyy that man it will be the boom ting afta da cure lol

Thanks wwilde, nothing gets people interested like a good competition ;-) I'm sure when yours gets in the last days that the colas are gonna be fat and sticky!

Harry, as always, thank you for the encouraging words..

Filla... Yep that is a cola on a white widow girl. Waiting for them to finish really tests your patience ;-) But damn it is fun!

Ok, so I have made a difficult decision to let the plants go 77 days and the last 9 will be unattended. I just checked the trichs and they are only about 5% amber and I think I am being a little generous with that 5%. So, I'm gonna take the chance and let them finish up while I am away. Can't back out now since I don't have the time to harvest now even if I wanted to. Hope it all works out! I'll deliver the news good or bad in about 10 - 12 days. Wish my girls luck please ;-)

Oh hell, here are some pictures :)

This is Arjan's haze #3 about 3 - 4 weeks into flowering:
IMG_16142.JPG

Look at the resin...looks like it is just dripping and glistening
IMG_1622.JPG

Now for the group shot:
IMG_1609.JPG

Two of the widows:
IMG_1611.JPG

Now a close-up of the trichs on one of the widows so you can see that there is not much amber now which is why I am letting them go to 77 days.
IMG_1617.JPG

Peace out and keep smokin'! See you guys when I get back.

Back
Top Bottom