My First Grow - The Church

Re: my first grow. THE Church

thanks for the advice man, i really need to keep that in mind, i have very little patients, so it sucks. i didnt think it was ready but i looked at the bottom of the pot she was in (a cut in half 531ml pop bottle) and i could see roots on the bottom. i was worried this would be bad for her. i deffinitly should have asked on here first. but thanks for the advice, i will wait longer for the other girl. and now for some pictures.

the baby right before a horrific transplant accident.
i am giving her the name Hope, because i hope she will recover, i might change that name because it is also my moms name (Weird)
DSCF000816.jpg

another shot of "hope" there is a few spots on her leafs. im not sure what from she has had them a while now, i raised the lights because i thoguht they were too close and burning her. but im not to sure now what it is.
DSCF001021.jpg

this is the unnamed plant. she is doing good just terrified to transplant her.
DSCF00169.jpg

this one is grown alot lately. it was slower than the other one at first but seemed to pass her. everthing was going good up until this morning i noticed little brown spots on the end of her leafs. (i need to get that ph tester)
DSCF000534.jpg

Yeah that looks to be lights just a bit close, 3-4 inches should be just fine and safe and shouldn't cause much stretch if any.

Otherwise the only other advice I can give from what I see, is if you have the chance add some perlite to your soil for better drainage, that looks a bit denser than MJ prefers. It loves to get dry feet (send your roots looking for water, makes healthier plants).

:goodluck:

thanks for the info. but how would i add perlite now? or do u mean add it when i transplant to bigger pots?

Yeah when you transplant, I assume you still will be using what you bought. Money is a major issue for me. If it isn't though I suggest Fox Farms Ocean Forest (still needs about 25% pea sized perlite for better drainage).

:smokin:

i have been looking for foxfarm soil but cant find any in my area and i do no want to order it, it cost like $50 a bag to order and i paid $6 for the MG, but i will look for some better soil, or use this and add some more perlitem that other stuff that starts with a V, i cant think of the name right now.

so right now i have my box lined with tin foil. i know this is not reccomended but its just until i find some mylar or get a piece of plywood with that white crap onn it. but last night i was down stairs of my house and noticed i still have a roll of white linoleum from when we re did my kitchen, would this work to put on the walls of my box? ill take a pic of what it looks like soon.

MG soil has worked fine for me just dont over water it, it produces gnats. Other than that your youngins are looking very healthy. I have used MG soil and nutes seems to work fine for me.

I wish you the best and nothing but sucess for your 1st grow..

so today my mail came in.
- 2x 125watt 6500k CFL's 7000 lumens each i believe
- 2x 125watt 2700k CFL's 7000 lumens each i believe
- 2x hoods.
- carbon filter and fan (this thing is big, i might need to make a new box to fit it in lol.
- Fox Farm Neuts, big bloom, tiger bloom, and

so i got all the goods now i just need some mylar, and a bigger bow i think, so that the filter and fan will fit in, also i can only fit on on the lights in because the hoods are so damn big. guess tomorrow i might build a bigger box. maybe 2'Dx 4'W x 6'H?

so today i came home and noticed that my thermometer had fallin on "Hope". it was not a high fall but it had shook her up a bit, and her leaves are looking pretty yellow. is this due to lack of water? i know when i messed up the transplant i lost a good size section of roots. so maybe she is not able to get water from the soil as easy. i cross my fingers and hope she pulls thru. my other plant is looking great.a few small burn marks have always been there but he is growing a little more everyday. i still think he is a little small considering i put the seeds in the soil 13 days ago. pics will be up in an hour.

I hope it survives, pulling the feeder root section off your roots (most common scenario) will cause the plant to be much less able to eat or drink and is sure to be a huge shock to the plants system.

You should get a humidity dome over her to let her drink through her leaves and maybe mist her with some superthrive water to assist her immune system to fight the soil to let her grow a new feeder system..it will take time, but they grow like weeds remember, if you give a weed enough time most of the time it comes back.

Don't nute her and pull the light back to about 5".

Hope she perks up...just say no to dead babies :ganjamon:.

:peace:

Watch out now their up and running!!
Just a tip of advice you may want to add more perlite to your soil next time. It'll make more of a lighter soil mix, better for water drainage and root growth.

Looking good CC..

Keep it up!

Nice start to your journal. I also started my first seedlings inmiracle grow. I then transplanted into fax farms ocean forest. I also recycled my soil by mixing it 50% with new. Not sure if it is recommended but no issues yet. You should also add some perlite. It help the soil to dry out faster. The faster it drys the more you have to water. the more oyu water the more you can feed. Well, good luck feel free to check out my current grow in my signature, or my first one that started with MGsoil.
BassBong New member new grow

:peace:

You can cut the bottom off a pop bottle or a jar...make sure you exchange the air (lift it) at least twice a day. :ganjamon:

They are looking ok though, keep misting it, it will pull through. Just don't try and push it with light or nutes til it is vigorous again.

thanks for the pop bottle idea i was trying to find something do use in the house but i could not find anything i thought would work i will drink the rest of the pepsi now.

Back
Top Bottom