BassBong New member new grow

BassBong

OK!!! I have read more now than for any reports I have I have ever done. This is truly 1st minute of 1st grow. I have supposedly 10 blueberry Kush seeds. I will try to germinate all. I am looking to set up 6-9 plant aeromist system shown by a respective member. I will, being it is payday in 12 hours have a closet built with -40 gal res. 4" pvc with mesh pots running 10 on 20 off. I haVE ONLY GROWN IN SOIL B'4 BUT AM LOOKING FORWARD TO EXPERIMENTING WITH THIS SYSTEM AS i CAN BE OUT Of TOWN FOR A WEEK OR TWO AT A TIME and I need it to be self efficient to a certain point. This will be hard with my OCD lol,,, As of now no lights no closet no nothing just seeds. I work better under pressure, lol. Please wish me luck I will try to keep up with this journal and I've given props to those that have helped. Thanks in advance for you help and comments....please keep them coming an:thanks::welcome::rollit::peace::grinjoint::roorrip:d me motivated as with child support and the plethora of other bills have me doing this on a very tight budget and 1 few weeks a way from home here and ther...Whish me luck. Thanks again

I am going to build a closet and aero system in the next couple days ....keep tuned.

100_5275-1.jpg

100_5277.jpg

100_5281.jpg

Please stay tuned and forgive the typo's.

Jan1 will go on vacation for 12-15 days and will need your help, please.. Thanks again.!!!

I'm subscribed!

Be patient BB, it can take a few weeks for most folks to get on board.

I'll pipe up if I have anything to contribute. Don't be shy to ask questions in your Journal and in the FAQ. Grow Support is very helpful and there are some very knowledgeable growers perusing the Forums.

Thanks Andy hopre to make you and the others PROUD. Alot to learn and an lot to do. I am focused and I hope you and others will help as I will be using proven ideas. Thanks again. I will keepp this go=thread going every couple days to show prgress throughout. Thanks for the inspirations.

Ok wet and covered seed thurs midnight. Just checked them Sunday noon 9 out of ten seed have nice root sprouts.:headbanger:. Off to the Home Depot. I have decided to go with soil for this grow as time and going on vacation during flowering has got me worried will post pics later.. By the way the seeds are supposedly blueberry kush. Can't wait. see y'all soon.

I don't like the sounds of that...

How long have you planned to vacation for? Hydro may be your better option.

I've lost large amounts of plants in only a weekend from underestimating their watering needs in soil. And I've left a Hydro system for over three weeks and came back to bliss. Believe it or not, if you take the right steps before-hand, a hydroponic arrangement can allow an extended absence from the garden.

What's the long(er) term plan...?

Away for week and a half after 2 months. Other than that not away enough to worry. Due to overload of workload and lack of time. Decided to go soil on first attempt and try to have aerponics or hydro built in month or 2.
Do you have a reccomendation as I will build it myself. I was planning on building a cabinet 24"wx36"lx60"h. I was thinking 2 4"pvc tubes with 4 pots each with the resevoir outside the chamber.

Seeds went into soil today had roots 1/4-1/2 long from being in paper towels. I will have them under 24 hour low wattage cfl 13w for 24 hours and am trying to get 2 105 watt cfls for the grow. I was thinking of 24hours on for 2 weeks or so depending on growth and then go to my 12/12 cycle.

Ok got a 42 watt cfl and some perlite today. Transplanted into new containers. Looks like 7 healthy seedings and 2 questionable. Have them under new light 75* F temp. Covered with plastic to keep humidity up for a couple days and 24 hour on light cycle.

100_52871.JPG

rsz_100_5288.jpg

100_5292.JPG

100_5291.JPG

100_5290.JPG

Transfered seedlings into seperate containers. They are stretching and turning towards light nicely. I will post pics in day or two when there is more to see. I have decided that due to the reasonable cost I am purchasing a grow tent either 3'x3'x6' or 2x4x6. I also want to pick up some t-5's for veg so I can get the bulbs very close to plants. Updates to come!!

If I haven't said it enough this site ROCKS!!!:tommy:

:welcome:Got a cool new light at Lowes today. Only $39.95 and 65watts of 6500k. Also moved plants to temp new home to utilize new light. This light has UV protected glass...should I remove it or leave it. Temps at plant tops with box fan 80*. Enjoy some pics. 1 week total 4 days in soil.

9pm tonight
100_5295.JPG

Pulled the seed casing off of this one during day 1 seems to still be alive. The headless horseman rides again, lol. And the runt.
100_5296.JPG

Two of the ok seedlings
100_5298.JPG

100_5299.JPG

100_5300.JPG

ONLY $39.95 at Lowes
100_5301.JPG

100_5302.JPG

100_5304.JPG

100_5305.JPG

Light comes with UV filter glass....do I remove this or keep it on?
100_5306.JPG

100_5310.JPG

Need to snip a hole for my 42watt to sit in reflector flat on wire..tomorrow.
100_5311.JPG

100_5312.JPG

Come closer darlings, lol:smokin:
100_5314.JPG

good job bro.. i would suggest if its in the budget, getting some dolomite lime since you're using miracle grow.. MG can be a little canna unfriendly, but with a lil dolomite lime (1-2tsp) per gallon of soil it can be very managable :)

Thank you for the heads up on the soil. Is it the PH you are referring to? I will get tester and dolomite lime :thanks:.

This new light is UV protected...I am assuming it is the glass.. should I leave it in or remove it. Thanks.

I hope you really have blueberry Kush seeds you have some great bud in the end. I am no expert by any means but if I could give you a couple suggestion. 1. Good job getting them in there own containers but roots do not like lights. So using transparent cups is a no no. They are growing fine now but once the roots start to spread out and grow you could have some issues. 2. I used MG organic for this grow and noticed that it is really hard on the plants when they are babies. You just have to get through the first couple of weeks and they will start to do pretty well with the MG organic. Not sure about the MG but I am pretty sure you will experience the same. I would think to leave the UV off but just an opinion. I am sure someone with a lot more experience with light can give you a educated opinion. Anyway good luck with your grow and look forward to seeing you progress. + rep

Thanks for the input Sonzor. Duct tape will make it into the house after work and the containers will be covered.

hi Bassbong good luck with your grow. You're off to a great start. i won't mention the tranparent container because I have 2 of my clones in transparent plastic, heheh. I know better, it's just all I had on hand.
enjoy your grow it's a great and productive hobby.

Mmmmick, Weedtastic, Tunes420, Sonzor and the others, I am honored to have you following along:adore:. First thing I did home from work is to cover those clear containers. Duct tape did the job. I have some concerns about 3 out of 8 containers. 1 has my headless(leaveless) stem actually starting to show some green baby leaves but micro tiny. Also micro runt not showing much progress but very dark green and 2 other small seedlings ultra green and no growth. Is this the issue with the MG you guys have mentioned.

Made my first trip to the hydro store today. Bought a soil ph kit and it looks like I am near 6.5. The cashier at the shop was mentioning I probably want this between 5.8 and 6.2. Depending on what your growing, oh OK, lol.

What is the best plant or plants to mention in public when asking for assistance in these places. I'm sure they know why I am there. One of the few times I care about being PC and cool.

I will try to post some pics later as I am curious about the runts, but I have the need for weed and haven't smoked in 2 weeks. So, I will return later with a real happy face and get back to work.

Oh and thnks again, I love this place. I wish my fishing clubs forums were this informative. Help me grow well and I'll tell you where my secret lake is, lol.

Mmmmick, Weedtastic, Tunes420, Sonzor and the others, I am honored to have you following along:adore:. First thing I did home from work is to cover those clear containers. Duct tape did the job. I have some concerns about 3 out of 8 containers. 1 has my headless(leaveless) stem actually starting to show some green baby leaves but micro tiny. Also micro runt not showing much progress but very dark green and 2 other small seedlings ultra green and no growth. Is this the issue with the MG you guys have mentioned.

Made my first trip to the hydro store today. Bought a soil ph kit and it looks like I am near 6.5. The cashier at the shop was mentioning I probably want this between 5.8 and 6.2. Depending on what your growing, oh OK, lol.

What is the best plant or plants to mention in public when asking for assistance in these places. I'm sure they know why I am there. One of the few times I care about being PC and cool.

I will try to post some pics later as I am curious about the runts, but I have the need for weed and haven't smoked in 2 weeks. So, I will return later with a real happy face and get back to work.

Oh and thnks again, I love this place. I wish my fishing clubs forums were this informative. Help me grow well and I'll tell you where my secret lake is, lol.

Hi BassBong
I'm not very familiar with the MG issue so can't really say it is your problem but quite likely. The ultra green might be excessive N in your soil or it could be the strain has dark foliage.
I believe if you ask about roma tomatoes you will get the advice you need at hydro shops. Keep the pics coming, somebody with more experience with MG soil will have a better idea whats up.
Hmmm a secret lake might make it worth limbering up the ole fly rod.

oh yeah the UV glass definitely should stay in place until your plants are older. I've read that UV should be introduced in increasing amounts over time so you might gain by removing for short periods in flower, extending the UV time as you go. I don't think you'll gain much in veg.

Back
Top Bottom