Spazcore's New Journey

spazcore

Alrighty guys and gals here it is the week before Christmas and I'm starting my 3rd grow which would be my 2nd indoor grow.

I learned a lot on my journey over the last couple months and I'm ready to step my game up. I'm going for (as of right now) 11 clones of unknown strain 6 which are my fruity sativa and 5 of my indicouch( haven't come up with names I'm going to take them to be identified at the dispensary). If all goes well I will have more but space will decide that.

My box is a 2x2x4 rigid insulation with Mylar inside a 45watt 255 led full spectrum with 4 50 watt cfls for the flowering room. And the veg/clone room is the same size box with 2 14watt cfls until all the roots catch as to when I will probably be adding either more cfls or some t5 lights I haven't quite decided yet maybe you fine folks could help me decide.

I will be giving a go for some foxfarms ocean blend and I currently have gh 1 part grow nutrient and I will be looking into a flowing nutrient soon as i find I don't care fo. Granulated nutrient because it leaves a lot of salts behind.

When mixing my soul is it 50 50 perlite to soil? I did 3 to 1 ish last time in far too big of pots, this time I will be going with 5 inch pots and the clones will be transferred straight to those and will remain until harvest.. My goal being that I will be making new clones and harvesting every few weeks and hopefully getting progressively more abundant crops until I can be sufficently self medicated without going to a dispensary but for new clones.

At this current time I have 3 ladies in week 5 of flower
420-magazine-mobile82629666.jpg

Obviously there is no room to add anything in there so I will be vegging my other clones until these are ready for harvest and within a couple weeks I will hopefully have more clones and a better schedule.

420-magazine-mobile1148930634.jpg

The clone room currently holding 11 clones and parsley. Nothing impressive at the moment. I did find I needed to add a fan because of mold. I'm using sphagnum moss as a cloning medium on a whim it seems to be working and half have started rooting. Last night was the first bit of dark these have seen in a week. They have been on a 24 hour light schedule since cutting and a 1/4 tsp of nutes per gallon just filling the bottom of the tray every day and dipping the parsley into the tray as well. I'm wanting to also turn the veg room into a vegetable garden as well. At minimum herbs or a small cheery tomatoe plant as well.

There is potential that I will be living in a place that there is a lot of cold and dark in the winter and may need to get used to closet gardening.

Well that's all I have for today please give any thoughts or suggestions. I may be getting better lights I want to stick with flouro cfl or led since my boxes are foam and can't take much heat or weight. I don't want to spend a million dollars either. O think for both boxes I'm into it $200 American. That includes carbon filter box lights soil and nutrients. Plants were free bag seed I started last year and have been cloning from

So it's been a little over a week now and all but a couple clones have caught one even have it's tap roots growing a few inches out of the bottom of the cloning tray. So I'm thinking I may end up with some pots and soil today and if all goes well and there is still some room then I'll consider picking up a couple other strains next week or 2 after these clones have gotten a bit of length to them.

I was concerned about my smaller clones (i got like 4 that are less than an inch and a half long) they barely popped out of the medium but they seem to be doing fine a week and a half later and still green. I also got a feed chart that I think I'm going to go with. It suggests feeding twice a week and flushing every 3 feedings. It also gives the amounts I would need. So I currently have general hydroponics floranova grow and will be picking up the bloom and thinking maybe koolbloom. I'm not sure that I need cal mag with how heavy and mineral laden our water is. I'm also considering super thrive that my brother says is just about the only thing he uses for years now.

looks like you got it down now..nice work there:cheer:
Lol thanks man loads of fuck ups along the way. I did get my ladies identified as snowcap and og kush. Two old school Cali strains that my budtender that identified them asked to keep one cuz it smelled so good which was nice to hear.
And my outdoor snowcap turned hermie on me when it's canopy fell on it but the upside is I now have a bunch of her seeds and hopefully they'll end up primarily females.

Alright guys here it is Thursday and we will call it day 1 of this journey as these ladies have finally felt soil I'm so proud ......sorry got choked ump a bit.

Anyways plans changed with the soil while talking with the guy at the hydro store. I decided to go with roots organics to save myself a step and quite possibly harm my plants. He explained that the ocean blend is great but needs to have perlite added and that loads of people have complained about nute burn without adding any nutrients themselves.. The roots organics has an already determined amount of perlite and enough nutrients for a month.

I also picked up the rest of my nutrients and closed the gap with my floranova bloom and super thrive which was suggested by my brother as his only nutrient he uses.
420-magazine-mobile1206400773.jpg
420-magazine-mobile821251379.jpg

And I figure I can probably double the amount of plants I have with the space I have. I decided I will be topping these at least once but will not be doing any LST on this batch as I want to see exactly how it goes. The guy at the dispensary suggested I cut the top of my clones to get rid of the bud but I'm not so sure I want to try that just yet Maybe next round when I have plenty of clones to practice with.

I also printed out a feed chart for these girls
420-magazine-mobile1114692843.jpg
hopefully this will keep me on track. Make the plan live the plan is what I'm going for.

Oh boy. Alright so when the soil is mixed properly these girls drink waaaaayyyyyy faster than before didn't expect to see the top of the soil over halfway dry after their first feeding. Well that just means more time and attention and I'm stoked to see what kinda growth is going to come out of this soil. And it really is just loads of perlite and coconut husks it looks like there's
perlite
coco fibers
pest moss
compost
pumice(is this for drainage?)
Worm skin
Bat poo
Soy bean meal
Alfalfa meal
Fish bone meal(reminds me of grandpa. He said to always throw a fish in the hole first)
Kelp meal
Greensand (green, sand?)

Sounds good to me, I got 3 weeks to a month of just water.

Christmas eve at last and it's really only a few days into transplanting and I'm already seeing new growth in a couple of my taller clones and seems almost all the hairs have receeded back into the buds and my parsley is doing great as well. In my mind I've grown fruits and vegetables all my life and I know what's wrong with them by sight so by happenstance they dodnt have any fresh cut parsley at the store but had potted live parsley my girl picked it up and it's now in the veg room probably to be soon joined by other herbs. Its nice to see how lush it looks from being damn near dead a few days ago. The parsley is getting the same exact treatment. As the others minus the moss it was in its own soil already but it's now in the same soil and holding tray, so indoor urban farming begins. Fun and very educational as I plan on having an entire room or small outbuilding dedicated to either indoor or a greenhouse later on down the road.

3 days past Christmas and everyone is still doing great tomorrow is feeding day and becoming of week 2. I'm only going to be using super thrive in the water at least until next week then start introducing a little of the grow and a small amount of bloom. I'll keep the small amount of bloom until flower then give a full dose knowing they'll be used to the nutes by then.

Hey, looks good in there. How the flowering ones doing? Soil sounds like a good mix, not sure if there is any calmag in any of those ingredients though. I dont remember what a couple of them do. Would just keep an eye out when you flip them. :passitleft:

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have really heavy calcium and other minerals in our water although I have considered it. And the bigger ladies are just goin nothing impressive out of that grow except lots and lots of perty smells. Buds aren't huge or anything but frosty like a snowman

Cool, :goodjob: yeah if its working i wouldnt mess with it. Just some ideas in case you run into issues or the leaf symptoms get worse. I love sticking my head in my tent every hour for a big whiff lol. :cheer:

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

These girls are going ham. I am going to keep one of each to make mothers from and will be getting some more clones soon maybe? I may even start some new seeds I got a pile of them.

So it's been about a week since I've updated, been a busy mother fucker. But here we go.

Monster cropping is fucking crazy. K gotta do this for my outdoor this year holy shit. The clones that have caught and are going to town are doing just that, 2 of them are nearly doubling in New growth and height every day. I had checked in the morning yesterday and then after work and 1 plant had grown new fan leaves and new.shoots.

My plan is to veg these another week or so to get some more bud sites and get all the old growth out of the way and get some new clones cut. My goal is to have these girls growing at such an awesome rate that I can cut clones practically whenever I want but want to get into a 2 to 3 week rotation so that I don't need many plants but have a constant cycle of flowers going.

Also I'm not totally convinced I only have ogk and snowcap. My 2 sativa plants do look a bit different and even tho I didn't get much out of this last run that almost up I will be jarring them differently to see if they are the same or not.

Also new to the box is a gorilla glue clone that is a bit taller than the rest of mine but I don't that it will hurt at all it's looking to be nice and straight where as the others are very bushy.

I've also considered monster cropping and doing a scrog with 1 maybe 2 I think 4 in my box tops.

What do you guys think can I fit that and scrog in a 2x2?

420-magazine-mobile766403726.jpg

This veg/clone box is going crazy. All but 1 clone has caught and 2 others are really slow to catch up bu5 everything is green still and GROWING AGGRESSIVELY holy cow even if I look multiple times a day I can see them getting taller.

I've come to realize that I may need a bigger veg room. Something I can sit in. These plants for whatever reason have become an almost Zen zone. All my stresses seem to disappear while I'm inspecting and talking and touching my girls. I have full on conversations with them it's kinda strange. I talk to them like kids bringing me home projects from school (the new growth) and I gotta ruffle their hair and tell em proud I am that they're growing so fast.

I got a lot of stresses from day to day. Between driving 4 to 5 hours a day, I'm afraid of heights and my job largely involves ladders, crawling into spaces that you can't roll a basketball thru, yadda yadda yadda.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm wanting to turn one of each into a mother plant. My reasoning behind this is to get on to a 2 week cycle of cutting clones and doing maybe a dozen plants at a time maybe more depending on the outcome of regular clones to monster cropped clones.

Speaking of monster cropped clones, holy crap look at this
420-magazine-mobile1283683414.jpg
420-magazine-mobile322296510.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1009961851.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2125589295.jpg
420-magazine-mobile795318424.jpg

I've done nothing to these plants besides clone them they seem to be topping themselves. I truly understand monster cropping now and Will really consider doing it for a scrog and do a dwc with 1 maybe 2 plants.

This little one just started to sprout up top yesterday
420-magazine-mobile1850552887.jpg

This one just started spitting its many tongues out this morning
420-magazine-mobile903131787.jpg

And this one here is a conundrum.... Its been nearly a month and still hasn't done anything......
420-magazine-mobile1458006790.jpg

She has eaten her bottom fan leaves but hasn't started to grow yet. I'm wondering if she's just tonne explode one day or die off? She very green still and has roots at minimum a tap root she won't pull out of the soil.

420-magazine-mobile1226696650.jpg

And this is the gorilla glue from the dispensary I just topped the bottom stem so I can clone her soon to keep this one going as well.

420-magazine-mobile1653652836.jpg

And that's the veg room tiny but mighty. Ok breakfast time more updates later stay lifted everyone.

So my plants are growing like crazy I'm stoked. In gin a need to start trimming my mother's and starting clones soon.

And so far 2 of the 3 new bag seeds have sprouted in waiting for the other and for the diamond og to sprout. Its been a good morning this far I'll have pics later

stay lifted everyone

I'd watch for the pull on the tiny completely flowered one.
You mean the one that hasn't done anything yet? Yea there's 2 of those really I'm waiting for those girls to explode with growth.

I'm thinking the next couple weeks are gin a be preparation to make a bigger veg room to do some indoor hydro tomatoes and such

Lol yea I cut the clones I think 3 weeks into flower trying out monster cropping to see the growth difference and o boy, the 2 back corner plants I have decided will be my mother's and I'll be cutting clones in about a week

Back
Top Bottom