2022 Godfather OG Feminized Seeds - 4th Grow In Soil: Sponsored By Weed Seeds Express

First and foremost Happy belated Father’s Day to all you dope a$$ Dads out there raising our kids in these very trying times, our children need us now more than ever, Mom and Dad!
I hope y’all were able to celebrate this honor with all your loved ones! :thumb:

Omg Guyzzz, what is going on with these ladies? We are currently in the middle of week four bloom. I’m still giving nutes every other water. So, its wfwfw.

C134EF84-EF91-4011-B9A5-818E75A44D7D.jpeg
The only change was that I dimmed the light to where the knob was directly in the middle, so like 50%, for about 2 days, when I checked on them today, this is what I found. Nutes are the same as usual, so idk what is happening? :nervous-guy:
44E073B8-D22A-44B5-92A9-E5DB9E2016B6.jpeg

I set the light back to 100%, today. :Rasta:
AF8698A2-2F01-4C9C-B291-2A8422A0742E.jpeg

Nutrient deficiency or light, maybe both? Perhaps something else :oops:
3998729B-3F6B-4B2E-B7A6-D0D008811BEF.jpeg

It’s like this pretty much throughout the canopy, I was planning on defoliating but didn’t know which leaves I should take, as per usual, maybe it’s self eliminating lol :thedoubletake:
2D9EAF3B-C319-4FB0-A434-E69650126E46.jpeg

My poor lil babies, what’s the matter? :sorry:
258CCE17-318D-4A53-A706-4A7323F86F55.jpeg

9031F6A7-1B79-48D2-8BC9-A8C03CE80C01.jpeg
Have you inspected for critters?

I did and I didn’t see anything, I’ll look again in the AM just to double check! Fingers crossed

First and foremost Happy belated Father’s Day to all you dope a$$ Dads out there raising our kids in these very trying times, our children need us now more than ever, Mom and Dad!
I hope y’all were able to celebrate this honor with all your loved ones! :thumb:

Omg Guyzzz, what is going on with these ladies? We are currently in the middle of week four bloom. I’m still giving nutes every other water. So, its wfwfw.

C134EF84-EF91-4011-B9A5-818E75A44D7D.jpeg
The only change was that I dimmed the light to where the knob was directly in the middle, so like 50%, for about 2 days, when I checked on them today, this is what I found. Nutes are the same as usual, so idk what is happening? :nervous-guy:
44E073B8-D22A-44B5-92A9-E5DB9E2016B6.jpeg

I set the light back to 100%, today. :Rasta:
AF8698A2-2F01-4C9C-B291-2A8422A0742E.jpeg

Nutrient deficiency or light, maybe both? Perhaps something else :oops:
3998729B-3F6B-4B2E-B7A6-D0D008811BEF.jpeg

It’s like this pretty much throughout the canopy, I was planning on defoliating but didn’t know which leaves I should take, as per usual, maybe it’s self eliminating lol :thedoubletake:
2D9EAF3B-C319-4FB0-A434-E69650126E46.jpeg

My poor lil babies, what’s the matter? :sorry:
258CCE17-318D-4A53-A706-4A7323F86F55.jpeg

9031F6A7-1B79-48D2-8BC9-A8C03CE80C01.jpeg
Good morning @420giirl :ciao: sorry about your issues.
What ph are you feeding at?
Are you putting cal mag in your mix first?

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Good morning @420giirl :ciao: sorry about your issues.
What ph are you feeding at?
Are you putting cal mag in your mix first?

Bill
Hey Bill, I don’t check my PH bc I was told I really didn’t have to worry about it by a local nursery. I have cal mag but I never use it bc of the same reason. I did use some left over water and nutes the last time I watered tho. Like there was some water left in the water tank, so I refilled it and added more nutes, I probably should have dumped it and used fresh water and nutes.
Do you suggest I start using cal mag to correct the issue, is there anything I can do?

Hey Bill, I don’t check my PH bc I was told I really didn’t have to worry about it by a local nursery. I have cal mag but I never use it bc of the same reason. I did use some left over water and nutes the last time I watered tho. Like there was some water left in the water tank, so I refilled it and added more nutes, I probably should have dumped it and used fresh water and nutes.
Do you suggest I start using cal mag to correct the issue, is there anything I can do?
I'm actually running right now without checking ph.
But I put cal mag in first always.
It helps with the uptake of your nutrients.
It's very beneficial.
Also I would at least check your ph.
Theoretically your nursery was right.
The soil will adjust the nutrients to its current ph, eventually.
But if you feed at 6.3 nutrients are immediately available to the roots.
The impact of pouring that much water into a pot will change the ph to what ever the water is.
It's so much volume it stays at that ph untill the soil can drain it off and gradually return to its usual ph.
Ok check your ph if it's gone off it can cause these issues.
A epsom salt foliar spray will stop any further damage.
Top dress epsom salts till it clears.
Then the cal mag will be sufficient.
Ok what's the ph?
Do you have a little bit of the old stuff left to check ph in it?

Bill

It's very beneficial.
Also I would at least check your ph.
Theoretically your nursery was right.
The soil will adjust the nutrients to its current ph, eventually.
But if you feed at 6.3 nutrients are immediately available to the roots.
The impact of pouring that much water into a pot will change the ph to what ever the water is.
It's so much volume it stays at that ph untill the soil can drain it off and gradually return to its usual ph.
Ok check your ph if it's gone off it can cause these issues.
A epsom salt foliar spray will stop any further damage.
Top dress epsom salts till it clears.
Then the cal mag will be sufficient.
Ok what's the ph?
Do you have a little bit of the old stuff left to check ph in it?

Bill
Ok, I checked the ph with this gadget I have on hand, I did order a digital reader just to have. Unfortunately I don’t have any of the old stuff left.
Epsom salt foliar spray? How do I make this, is any epsom salt ok? Please tell me more!
83AB60D1-A8C8-4F90-B0D6-F1A7C771A19C.jpeg

Looks like a combo of nutrient issues and pests, though the spots aren't white like bug bites so it could all be part of the same problem. Can you remind me what nutes you're using, what size pots you're in, and how long they've been in them?

And those soil meters are useless for measuring soil pH. If the soil pH is off, you would need an actual pH meter to determine that with a slurry test.

That's actually not true Bill, though it seems that folks believe it for some reason. It doesn't take soil long at all to balance the pH of the water you pour in. The proof is that slurry testing is the standard for pH testing soil.

For example, Hanna Instruments (they make lab quality pH meters) recommends 30 minutes before testing the slurry. Another industrial meter company (Cole-Parmer) recommends an hour.

Here's how it works in practice: I take the substrate and add distilled water (pH 7) to make a muddy slurry in a measuring cup, which is a lot more water than we retain in our pots. Within an hour, the slurry will be the pH of the medium, not the water. That's how quickly soil buffers water pH.

Even in a small container that is actual mud (which is not what our pots look like after watering), the pH of the water becomes the pH of the soil within 60 minute or less.

It's very beneficial.
Ok, so do I add the cal mag before the nutrients mixing them all together at every feed?
Looks like a combo of nutrient issues and pests, though the spots aren't white like bug bites so it could all be part of the same problem. Can you remind me what nutes you're using, what size pots you're in, and how long they've been in them?

And those soil meters are useless for measuring soil pH. If the soil pH is off, you would need an actual pH meter to determine that with a slurry test.

That's actually not true Bill, though it seems that folks believe it for some reason. It doesn't take soil long at all to balance the pH of the water you pour in. The proof is that slurry testing is the standard for pH testing soil.

For example, Hanna Instruments (they make lab quality pH meters) recommends 30 minutes before testing the slurry. Another industrial meter company (Cole-Parmer) recommends an hour.

Here's how it works in practice: I take the substrate and add distilled water (pH 7) to make a muddy slurry in a measuring cup, which is a lot more water than we retain in our pots. Within an hour, the slurry will be the pH of the medium, not the water. That's how quickly soil buffers water pH.

Even in a small container that is actual mud (which is not what our pots look like after watering), the pH of the water becomes the pH of the soil within 60 minute or less.
hey shed, glad you popped in, as I am starting to panic!
We are currently using @Prescription Blend and we are in 3 gallon fabric pots, they have been in them since February 28th. Could they be root bound? The first time I noticed something wrong was in Veg bc they were root bound. I don’t usually go past a 3 gallon pot. I don’t see any pests, like flying or crawling around in the soil. I’m not sure but the soil seems to be a lot more moist than it usually is at 3 days post watering. So maybe they aren’t root bound bc wouldn’t they be drinking water like crazy?

We are currently using @Prescription Blend
Oh right, I forgot! Skip the water-only would be my suggestion as a start. I don't think they recommend that anywhere, do they?
we are in 3 gallon fabric pots, they have been in them since February 28th.
That's a pretty long time in a 3 gallon pot!
Could they be root bound?
They could be. Does the pot have any give to it when you squeeze it or does it feel like a solid mass? Can you push your finger 2" into the surface?
I’m not sure but the soil seems to be a lot more moist than it usually is at 3 days post watering. So maybe they aren’t root bound bc wouldn’t they be drinking water like crazy?
True, a rootbound plant in flower would probably need water every day, so it might still have some room in there, but I am curious about how the pots feel in terms of density.

I would certainly start by feeding every time you water, especially if they only need water every 4 days. That seems like a long time to me. Is the RH high in there?

Oh right, I forgot! Skip the water-only would be my suggestion as a start. I don't think they recommend that anywhere, do they?
You mean feed, feed, feed? No water- only in between feeding?
E1E14A2B-861C-4B7D-B204-3CD5090FBF0C.jpeg

It doesn’t really say how often, I guess I just assumed as usual lol i really haven’t had any issues doing it this way, so I figured it was ok.
That's a pretty long time in a 3 gallon pot!

They could be. Does the pot have any give to it when you squeeze it or does it feel like a solid mass? Can you push your finger 2" into the surface?
Right, it’s a super long time. It probably should be root bound but I don’t think it is. I squeeze the pot and the dirt gives where my hands are pushing.
7973DB51-2D89-4E4E-B5E3-12E97C015A22.jpeg

This is between the soil and the pot, where I pulled the fabric away to see if there were roots and nothing.
2688CD69-EE1F-47B3-90D1-550A0D19C0AB.jpeg

The hole my finger left.
True, a rootbound plant in flower would probably need water every day, so it might still have some room in there, but I am curious about how the pots feel in terms of density.
It’s not dense at all.
I would certainly start by feeding every time you water, especially if they only need water every 4 days. That seems like a long time to me. Is the RH high in there?
I was thinking the same thing, I checked my calendar to see when I watered before the 19th and it was the on the10th when I watered last. The RH is usually around 61% I don’t let it go above. Is this too high for flower?

Not rootbound, which is surprising! So now that we know that, go with feed every time (5-10-10-5-5-5 from the chart). Nutrient demand in flower goes way up, so what they were happy with in veg might not be enough for them in flower.
Ok, I’ll stick to the course, only feeding with no water only days.
And if you can get your RH under 50%, that would be better.
Ok, will do! I was also wondering if I use cal mag with each feed and use epsom salt as a foliar spray and top dress. Should I start this now, or should I wait to see if feeding regularly helps fix the issue first?

I would start by dropping the RH under 50% and feeding every watering (which should become more frequent at lower RH) rather than throwing a lot of different things at it.

Remember that by feeding every time you will be doubling the calcium and magnesium the plants are getting.
:thanks:

Thanks Shed. :ciao:
I generally run coco and pH my mix religiously .
I know there is some different opinions on pH in soil.:rolleyes:
I'm not aswell versed in soil yet to have a opinion either way.
I just know soil likes 6.3 ish so feeding at 6.3 seems logical, that's all.
I appreciate your politeness in pointing out my error.
Have a great day O wise one.;)

Bill

Thanks Shed. :ciao:
I generally run coco and pH my mix religiously .
I know there is some different opinions on pH in soil.:rolleyes:
I'm not aswell versed in soil yet to have a opinion either way.
I just know soil likes 6.3 ish so feeding at 6.3 seems logical, that's all.
I appreciate your politeness in pointing out my error.
Have a great day O wise one.;)

Bill
If it makes people happy to adjust the pH of their water there's no harm in it, but since the water will change to the soil's pH within an hour it doesn't seem worth the time or money.

5.8 in coco for the win!

If it makes people happy to adjust the pH of their water there's no harm in it, but since the water will change to the soil's pH within an hour it doesn't seem worth the time or money.

5.8 in coco for the win!
Thanks Shed hope your well my friend.

Bill

Alrighty then guys it looks like we made it to the finish line, from what I can tell by looking at the trichomes and the appearance of the colas I’m going to give them one more week, and calling her done at 8 weeks bloom.

Regarding the deficiencies I was experiencing a couple weeks ago, I’m pretty sure it was from me under feeding them! I could just imagine how much bigger they would have been if I would have feed them every watering, next time!

8E21B66B-EDE6-4EE1-9718-959B8EDE0CF0.jpeg

7wks bloom
E33E7EB9-BC0F-403C-9B58-BC1E7D4AAA6D.jpeg

Godfather OG
D14AAD98-E777-4AF8-90F1-1A9A95DF2162.jpeg

Not as frosty as I thought they were going to be, but I can think of a few reasons as to why and they’re all bc of me!
9ED9F1F8-672E-4B59-B1BA-AF329FE7D9D6.jpeg

Lookn good to me!

Back
Top Bottom