Timhomegrow Godfather OG & Girl Scout Cookie In Soil

It has been an enjoyable journey following your grow @Timhomegrow ! The OG is a magnificent plant! I hope your trimming journey is paved with NO MORE SEEDS!

SG
Thanks for following along SG and for the hope of no more seeds :)

@LKABudMan @No Pain

I followed the posts where you two talked about the Grove bags. I'm a couple of days away from from putting the buds in the bags and had a question. Grove said to test a stem to get 10-12% moisture but I think you both put the moisture meter in the bud themselve...correct?

If I test the buds, the topnof the cola bud is 13% right now, lower buds are 15% or more, and the stem is way high. Any advice is welcomed:)

If you have a wood moisture meter (WMM), test the buds to 10-11%. If not, test the stems by checking if they break/snap. On my last dry I hung the buds until they were10.5% with a WMM. When I bucked the buds into the Grove bag they measured 61% RH ... and they've stayed there since :) It's been about 45 days, and the bud is super flavorful and smoking fantastic!

NOTE: Keep a hygrometer in the Grove bag. If it goes above 65%, take the buds out and let them dry more. If the buds are too wet they'll still mold in the Grove bag.

If you have a wood moisture meter (WMM), test the buds to 10-11%. If not, test the stems by checking if they break/snap. On my last dry I hung the buds until they were10.5% with a WMM. When I bucked the buds into the Grove bag they measured 61% RH ... and they've stayed there since :) It's been about 45 days, and the bud is super flavorful and smoking fantastic!

NOTE: Keep a hygrometer in the Grove bag. If it goes above 65%, take the buds out and let them dry more. If the buds are too wet they'll still mold in the Grove bag.
I did get the WMM, thanks! I'll test the buds and bag at 11%. Appreciate it

Tim, you doing ok with humidity? Lots of rain recently bro.
I know we can throw a rock and hit each others yards how close we live.
We need to burn one soon bro, whenever life slows down a bit and youre down.
:passitleft:
I'm always down! My humidity has been great, the house doesn't seem to fluctuate much with the rain. My dry room stays 56-58rh thankfully

Finished trimming the Godfather OG, came in at 5 oz., pretty low for the expectations. Unfortunately I also pulled out 40 seeds :(

I still can't find any nanners on the GSC that had them on one cola that I had cut off a few weeks ago. Looks like I found those nanners too late and the damage was already done. Since this plant was the furthest from the nanner GSC, I'm assuming all my plants got pollinated....that sucks.

Now I know why the buds didn't swell as much as they should have, lost yield but hopefully I didn't lose potency. Pretty bummed right now as this grow went well otherwise and the nugs are dense. Timed my drying perfectly too, 6 days and all the jars are 62-67 humidity. Once I start to smoke it I'll see how bad my seed problem is, not too optimistic right now.

I'll just have to look at the positives with using a new nute, having green plants through most of the grow, and getting dense nugs. And now I'll have to start another grow sooner than later.....not all bad things. But I know how much it will bother me to pick out seeds every time I pack a bowl :(
20220816_214116.jpg
20220816_193616.jpg
tough break.... Damit!!! Dam good show though!!!!

tough break.... Damit!!! Dam good show though!!!!
Thanks. I think they all have seeds. I picked one out of the hanging GSC too, but it's a darker seed so maybe some will be viable. Plus I get to try out my Grove bags, so not a total loss and definitely alot of positives with this grow. Maybe next time I'll perfect it :)

Thanks. I think they all have seeds. I picked one out of the hanging GSC too, but it's a darker seed so maybe some will be viable. Plus I get to try out my Grove bags, so not a total loss and definitely alot of positives with this grow. Maybe next time I'll perfect it :)
I just used a Grove bag on a 1/4 pound. It came out great! I also did a 1/4 pound in jars and it really was the same except I didn't even have to look at the Grove bag for 3 weeks.

Time to start a new grow and make lots of concentrates. Those seeds will be annoying. I had one plant hermie and one plant was about all the seeds I could stand. It smoked good unless I missed a seed and That happened more times than I could count.

I just used a Grove bag on a 1/4 pound. It came out great! I also did a 1/4 pound in jars and it really was the same except I didn't even have to look at the Grove bag for 3 weeks.

Time to start a new grow and make lots of concentrates. Those seeds will be annoying. I had one plant hermie and one plant was about all the seeds I could stand. It smoked good unless I missed a seed and That happened more times than I could count.
I'm trimming now and putting then in the Grove bags. I hear great things and not having to burp 30 jars will be a welcomed treat :)

Thankfully haven't found but the ine seed in GSC. We shall see. I'll be doing some autos real soon to finish up my Geoflora nuts before they expire.

Back
Top Bottom