2022 Godfather OG Feminized Seeds - 4th Grow In Soil: Sponsored By Weed Seeds Express

420giirl

This journal will be my journey learning to germinate seeds. I have been asked to do a grow for @Weed Seeds Express, and I have gladly accepted.

I will set 5 feminized seeds into 50/50 distilled water and 3% h202, for 15 minutes as suggested by @InTheShed. Then I will place the godfather og seeds into distilled water, then place the bowl into a small box and place it on top of the router in my grow room closet where it is nice and warm, about 90f. I'll be aiming for about 80f until they sprout. If they have a tap root I will place them into peat moss pods inside of a germination tray with an led light. I'll set the tray inside of a 2x2 grow tent until they are ready for solo cups using FFHF soil. This Grow will become a part of my perpetual grow as soon as I can get some clones.
I am also journaling on a separate thread (link is in my signature), my learning experiences cloning and growing cannabis in general. I am currently drying 2 plants from my second grow in a frost-free mini-fridge. I am also waiting for two other plants to finish up flowering. I have 6 clones ready to be up potted from their solo cup to 1gal fabric pots and sent to veg. These seeds came at the perfect time in my perpetual grow.

Ps. I am big on posting pics for just about everything I talk about in my journal. As I'm sure most of you already know lol...I just hope y'all don't mind. :Namaste:

A332BD81-0DB5-4A28-9C37-D8F1C913AB77.png

3A2335FC-CAB8-42C1-BFD9-0347C05CE63F.png

0424265C-BD2C-4652-AFBD-0CFEEF946ACC.jpeg

This journal will be my journey learning to germinate seeds. I have been asked to do a grow for @Weed Seeds Express, and I have gladly accepted.

I will set 5 feminized seeds into 50/50 distilled water and 3% h202, for 15 minutes as suggested by @InTheShed. Then I will place the godfather og seeds into distilled water, then place the bowl into a small box and place it on top of the router in my grow room closet where it is nice and warm, about 90f. I'll be aiming for about 80f until they sprout. If they have a tap root I will place them into peat moss pods inside of a germination tray with an led light. I'll set the tray inside of a 2x2 grow tent until they are ready for solo cups using FFHF soil. This Grow will become a part of my perpetual grow as soon as I can get some clones.
I am also journaling on a separate thread (link is in my signature), my learning experiences cloning and growing cannabis in general. I am currently drying 2 plants from my second grow in a frost-free mini-fridge. I am also waiting for two other plants to finish up flowering. I have 6 clones ready to be up potted from their solo cup to 1gal fabric pots and sent to veg. These seeds came at the perfect time in my perpetual grow.

Ps. I am big on posting pics for just about everything I talk about in my journal. As I'm sure most of you already know lol...I just hope y'all don't mind. :Namaste:

Hey @420giirl hope you are well my friend.
Mind if I pull up a chair. :popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

As a new grower I ordered my first seeds from this company and was very happy with the end result a year later. As a senior and not familiar with this company was a bit dubious about sending a large blank check to a PO box but in the end it all worked out well and the two mature strains appeared just as they did in the pictures.

As a new grower I ordered my first seeds from this company and was very happy with the end result a year later. As a senior and not familiar with this company was a bit dubious about sending a large blank check to a PO box but in the end it all worked out well and the two mature strains appeared just as they did in the pictures.
Hey @Rolling Green hope you are well my friend.
112 years old you are a senior.
I think there is an error somewhere. :rofl:
Introduce yourself so we can all say hi.:ciao:
Here is a thread.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @420giirl hope you are well my friend.
Mind if I pull up a chair. :popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill
Glad your here Bill, make it a recliner bc it going to be a long show :slide:
Cool this will be helpful. And neat I just smoked GF-og not to long ago so it'll be cool to see ya do your thing.
Happy to have you, it's going to be a learning experience that's for sure! :reading420magazine:
Welcome to my journey growing this strain for the first time, by seeds. I usually grow clones so there are a lot of steps that I don’t usually do but I think I got this. I was able to sprout some bag seeds my very first time trying to grow but that’s about as far as I got lol :snowboating:

There are so many different techniques for sprouting seeds that I can only tell you what I do.

I soak my seeds for 15 minutes in a 50/50 mix of distilled water and 3% H2O2. Then I put them in a bowl of plain distilled water someplace dark and warm. I use a small box on a heat mat, but on top of the DVR or router. I like them to be at 80° from soaking to sprout.

As soon as they crack I put them in peat pucks (with the bottom cover cut open so as not to trap the tail) about 3/8" down on their sides or tail down and cover the hole with peat. At that point I put it in a bright place and maintain an 80° environment.

When it breaks the surface I take the rest of the cover off the peat and plant it in a solo cup.

But that's just me!
Okay no turning back now, all 5 seeds were soaked in 50/50 distilled water and 3% h202 for 15 minutes. By the time this goes up, they will be soaking in distilled water only, until they pop a tail (fingers crossed). Do I need to put a lid on it, (pun very intended :rofl:) or just keep it uncovered? I'm wondering if the lights from the the router will disturb them in any kind of way.:Namaste:

0B3F3012-41D0-41BC-8F0D-398D3B625541.jpeg

Current germination setup. The meter reads 81.5f with 26%rh.
:goodluck:

Awesome mate, good luck and enjoy your seeds!

Hey y’all, so I have these super plugs I’m planning on dropping the seeds in once they sprout. But I’ve had them in my refrigerator for maybe 9 months where they have stayed moist, not dry or wet. Think it would be ok to use them for this grow or should I get something fresh or maybe peat pods instead? Not sure if there is much of a difference between the two if any at all.
E5B1CD4E-8015-4C45-9E64-7F03EC1774BD.jpeg

Hey y’all, so I have these super plugs I’m planning on dropping the seeds in once they sprout. But I’ve had them in my refrigerator for maybe 9 months where they have stayed moist, not dry or wet. Think it would be ok to use them for this grow or should I get something fresh or maybe peat pods instead? Not sure if there is much of a difference between the two if any at all.
E5B1CD4E-8015-4C45-9E64-7F03EC1774BD.jpeg

Update- I ended up calling the place I got them from and turns out they are perfectly fine and will last quite some time as long as they don't get moldy, sounds good to me!

It’s on and popping now, literally!
If I’m able to pop seeds using this method, then it’s fool proof and anyone can do it. :cool:

0FD48AD0-6DD5-4023-B9B3-4F947512AA9A.jpeg

Godfather og, 72 hours after they’ve been dropped into distilled water. :woohoo:

It’s on and popping now, literally!
If I’m able to pop seeds using this method, then it’s fool proof and anyone can do it. :cool:

0FD48AD0-6DD5-4023-B9B3-4F947512AA9A.jpeg

Godfather og, 72 hours after they’ve been dropped into distilled water. :woohoo:
Minor update for five babies GFog seeds.
I finally have the answer to the question.... what’s popping? lol

These godfather og @Weed Seeds Express sent to me have been a lot of fun to germinate. It has been effortless, and I'm purchasing some seeds from them asap to Have on hand. I'm not sure which I like more, cloning or germinating seeds. It seems like every time I feel like ugh, my interest is peaked, once again. Besides, I like come here to write about what I've done to my garden and how it's coming along, and all the advice. It's just so cool to be able to come back to reference or reflect on what I have learned so far. All of that just to say.....

Right now I'm waiting on the radicles to be at least 3x’s it's shell.
When this happens they'll be ready for step 2, transplant into peat pellets.

Let's go! :cheer:

D7E15DF7-5EF5-4F70-8998-7F6AA5E77892.jpeg

@Weed Seeds Express is popping! Like, HELLO, these are some pretty dope af seeds :jawdropper:

We are currently on step two of germination. I planted the seeds into peat pods and 2of5 seeds have poked up their little heads. Should I keep the light on, I turned it off bc I thought I should wait until they sprout but now IDK....... :peace:

38B22CE9-F1A6-4B9D-91E9-E0C0C0404AAC.jpeg

5 Godfather og @Weed Seeds Express. Planted.

We have seedlings popping up 4of5. I figured I better turn the light back on when I saw the little seed pop up out of the dirt. Finally number 5 has popped his Lil head up. :slide:
Regardless, I am having a lot of fun trying. No worries if its a fail; I'm still learning and that's all that matters.
:hippy:

2ED6CDDB-88FE-4036-914B-200D9FBE53BE.jpeg

Everything looks good to me.:reading420magazine:
88F3BD38-E8A4-4D65-B9F9-A72007F795C0.jpeg

Lil guy trying so hard. (yes, they are all female). :kisstwo:

Thanks for all your support here at 420! Makes it so much easier when learning something new. :circle-of-love:

We have seedlings popping up 4of5. I figured I better turn the light back on when I saw the little seed pop up out of the dirt. Finally number 5 has popped his Lil head up. :slide:
Regardless, I am having a lot of fun trying. No worries if its a fail; I'm still learning and that's all that matters.
:hippy:

2ED6CDDB-88FE-4036-914B-200D9FBE53BE.jpeg

Everything looks good to me.:reading420magazine:
88F3BD38-E8A4-4D65-B9F9-A72007F795C0.jpeg

Lil guy trying so hard. (yes, they are all female). :kisstwo:
Enjoy your grow!;):green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom