2022 Godfather OG Feminized Seeds - 4th Grow In Soil: Sponsored By Weed Seeds Express

Thanks, and you're always welcome to jump in and see how I'm doing. ;)
Right on, thanks! I need to catch up on some journals in progress. I seem to gravitate to completed journals for some reason. I feel like once I feel confident enough, I'll chime in here and there. This will have to be my go-to journal when I start my first outdoor grow this spring. :passitleft:

Heeeey! :ciao::high-five: I'm going to join in on your fun. Congrats on the seed sponsorship from @Weed Seeds Express ! Amazing genetics and selection. What a treat to get some seeds and dive head first. Good for you!
Do I need to put a lid on it, (pun very intended :rofl:) or just keep it uncovered? I'm wondering if the lights from the the router will disturb them in any kind of way
I always aim to have zero light/full darkness while I'm germinating. Imitating them being in damp soil.
Right now I'm waiting on the radicles to be at least 3x’s it's shell.
When this happens they'll be ready for step 2, transplant into peat pellets.

Let's go! :cheer:
I really took the advice from Shed and others here to toss those seeds into your medium of choice as soon as the hull has started to show a live tap root. Makes it for an easier transition for the tap root is my understanding. I have also germinated directly in soil. I have since switched to soaking so I have confirmation of whether the seed is any good. I have yet to have a seed from WSE not crack the hull BTW!

Thanks for all your support here at 420! Makes it so much easier when learning something new. :circle-of-love:
I am right there with you! I consider myself a novice grower and the amount of wisdom here is immense. Let's learn together!
the tent is finally in the 70’s without the dome
Perfect! With your temps, you could be between 60-70% and they will be thriving. Just keep yourself from opening the tent for too long and too often. Don't kill them from being a helicopter parent.
I have also heard of this app you can use on your phone. I just haven't looked into it yet, but I think I will.
I know that folks are enjoying the Photone app. Maybe @BakedARea can chime in on how it's used!
Ohhhhh yeaaaaahhhh!!! I love the Photone app. Do you have an iPhone or Android? I'm familiar with both versions and would be glad to help you get it setup and working based on your light's specific output. I use it as a reference tool. It is not a precision scientific measuring instrument. Don't get hung up on knowing the exact lux (or as I prefer PPFD). Getting in the ballpark for what we are doing is perfectly fine and accurate enough. At least in my opinion.

Please feel free to ask here, any questions you might have about the app. I do believe it is free as a beta version on Android. For the pro version, it is roughly $10 USD.

I feel like once I feel confident enough, I'll chime in here and there.
You know...I am very much like this. It took me a while to feel comfortable with my ignorance. The only way we can help each other collectively is to be accepting of our ignorance and help each other overcome it. Don't feel like you can't help. If you remember an answer that another grower chimed in about in the past, share the wisdom and give credit. That goes a long way here! I absolutely SUCK at remembering details about convos and who said what. So I tend to not tag folks. I would like to share a resource provided to me by @Renaissance Man last week! A recent addition to my reference tools/growing arsenal is this online VPD Chart.

Here is your current VPD based on what I could see on your thermometer and hygrometer. Right where it needs to be. Using VPD as a generic growing zone for different stages has helped ease my anxiety if I have the right environment. I hope some of this is helpful to you. Blessings on your garden!

Screenshot_20220218-164158_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for responding to my Baked-signal! Great info in there.
I always aim to have zero light/full darkness while I'm germinating. Imitating them being in damp soil.
I keep mine in total darkness when they're soaking, but as soon as the shell splits and they're in the peat pucks, they sit about 4" from a 23w (100w equivalent) CFL for both heat and light. I want it bathed in light from the second it pokes above the soil.

Thanks for responding to my Baked-signal! Great info in there.

I keep mine in total darkness when they're soaking, but as soon as the shell splits and they're in the peat pucks, they sit about 4" from a 23w (100w equivalent) CFL for both heat and light. I want it bathed in light from the second it pokes above the soil.
Ohhh...good point to mention. Yes, as soon as I transplant, I have the light on and ready for the plant to get orientated and to soak it up.

Heeeey! :ciao::high-five: I'm going to join in on your fun. Congrats on the seed sponsorship from @Weed Seeds Express ! Amazing genetics and selection. What a treat to get some seeds and dive head first. Good for you!

I really took the advice from Shed and others here to toss those seeds into your medium of choice as soon as the hull has started to show a live tap root. Makes it for an easier transition for the tap root is my understanding. I have also germinated directly in soil. I have since switched to soaking so I have confirmation of whether the seed is any good. I have yet to have a seed from WSE not crack the hull BTW!

I am right there with you! I consider myself a novice grower and the amount of wisdom here is immense. Let's learn together!

Perfect! With your temps, you could be between 60-70% and they will be thriving. Just keep yourself from opening the tent for too long and too often. Don't kill them from being a helicopter parent.

Ohhhhh yeaaaaahhhh!!! I love the Photone app. Do you have an iPhone or Android? I'm familiar with both versions and would be glad to help you get it setup and working based on your light's specific output. I use it as a reference tool. It is not a precision scientific measuring instrument. Don't get hung up on knowing the exact lux (or as I prefer PPFD). Getting in the ballpark for what we are doing is perfectly fine and accurate enough. At least in my opinion.

Please feel free to ask here, any questions you might have about the app. I do believe it is free as a beta version on Android. For the pro version, it is roughly $10 USD.

You know...I am very much like this. It took me a while to feel comfortable with my ignorance. The only way we can help each other collectively is to be accepting of our ignorance and help each other overcome it. Don't feel like you can't help. If you remember an answer that another grower chimed in about in the past, share the wisdom and give credit. That goes a long way here! I absolutely SUCK at remembering details about convos and who said what. So I tend to not tag folks. I would like to share a resource provided to me by @Renaissance Man last week! A recent addition to my reference tools/growing arsenal is this online VPD Chart.

Here is your current VPD based on what I could see on your thermometer and hygrometer. Right where it needs to be. Using VPD as a generic growing zone for different stages has helped ease my anxiety if I have the right environment. I hope some of this is helpful to you. Blessings on your garden!

Screenshot_20220218-164158_Chrome.jpg
Nice! Thanks so much for stopping by my garden, excuse me, OUR garden that is, lol, my garden belongs to everyone here at 420, past and present. With all the advice and suggestions from current, and past journals, it's awesome sauce.
Yaaay, I can't wait to try out this photone and vpd app. I'll definitely ask when I need help setting it up. Thanks again!

Oh btw, congratulations on all your titles last year and to starting out the new year a winner, that's just too cool!:welldone:

Sorry y'all, I tend to go radio silent when my younger daughter is over for a visit. I adore her so much and as long as she still wants mommy's attention, you can best believe ima give her all my undivided attention. I mean she is 15, so I think my days are numbered, okay, okay stop. I can't even think about it... lol she's my last baby, Oh nooooo... :jawdropper:

Anyway here is our weekly update on 5 Gfog seedlings.

87080E68-D130-4685-9604-1EAD7BB5DDFA.jpeg

I went ahead with the switching out the t5 to the LED lights they looked like the wanted more light by stretching their leaves all the way up. I'm used them perfectly flat.

6EB130B1-9E76-4A60-8E40-9E60FD12BCFC.jpeg

They did have their first feeding this past weekend.

Yaaay, I can't wait to try out this photone and vpd app. I'll definitely ask when I need help setting it up. Thanks again!
No problem. I hope it can be of some help. Just don't get too caught up on the technical side of things of that is intimidating in any way.
Oh btw, congratulations on all your titles last year and to starting out the new year a winner, that's just too cool!:welldone:
Thanks so much! Yeah, it was a fun way to enter the new year indeed. I feel very blessed to say the least.

No problem. I hope it can be of some help. Just don't get too caught up on the technical side of things of that is intimidating in any way.

Thanks so much! Yeah, it was a fun way to enter the new year indeed. I feel very blessed to say the least.
Omg your profile pic of your dogs lil winky face is too cute! Lol ;)

As a new grower I ordered my first seeds from this company and was very happy with the end result a year later. As a senior and not familiar with this company was a bit dubious about sending a large blank check to a PO box but in the end it all worked out well and the two mature strains appeared just as they did in the pictures.
I just received my Bubble Gum seeds buy 10 get 10 deal from Weed Seed Express In a very professional manner. In a very discreet package. I am pleased. They replied to emails about a few concerns promptly along with giving me a better way to pay then the way that I had originally started. Which made things much easier. will use them again. By the way what is the best way to store seeds until I'm ready, have a lot to handle at the moment.

I just received my Bubble Gum seeds buy 10 get 10 deal from Weed Seed Express In a very professional manner. In a very discreet package. I am pleased. They replied to emails about a few concerns promptly along with giving me a better way to pay then the way that I had originally started. Which made things much easier. will use them again. By the way what is the best way to store seeds until I'm ready, have a lot to handle at the moment.
Where's this dynamo coming from? I'd say put them in the back of the fridge for storage. And WSE has been a great sponsor here as well as selling a great selection of seeds!

20 Bubblegums from WSE!

Be still my heart!

I'll bet you've got every pheno covered in that collection.

When you gonna' grow them? Please tag me when you do! :Rasta:

Glad to hear that you are happy with your new Bubblegum purchase and you will not be disappointed as the plants were huge as well as the buds. You could smell them 50 yards away in August and September. Unfortunately I had a lot of bud rot so did not order any of these for this year's grow. The bud rot was significant and disheartening and at the time I blamed the strain rather than all of the rain and cooler Fall that we had which was the real reason.

This year I have more Big Bud and Chocolope for 2022 from Weed Seed Express and four others from another company.

Store all of my garden seeds in a plastic shoe box in a dark closet and have never had a problem with germination other than the older seeds seem to drop a bit in viability. I have never purchased pelletized seed as the clay coating is said to drastically affect their viability after a year.

Sorry y'all, I tend to go radio silent when my younger daughter is over for a visit. I adore her so much and as long as she still wants mommy's attention, you can best believe ima give her all my undivided attention. I mean she is 15, so I think my days are numbered, okay, okay stop. I can't even think about it... lol she's my last baby, Oh nooooo... :jawdropper:

Anyway here is our weekly update on 5 Gfog seedlings.

87080E68-D130-4685-9604-1EAD7BB5DDFA.jpeg

I went ahead with the switching out the t5 to the LED lights they looked like the wanted more light by stretching their leaves all the way up. I'm used them perfectly flat.

6EB130B1-9E76-4A60-8E40-9E60FD12BCFC.jpeg

They did have their first feeding this past weekend.
Coming along great Giirl! Haha, love the last one the longest it seems!

Hey y'all, thanks for stopping by! I have an update on our progress, we are going into 1 gallon plastic pots bc it's easier to up pot when I transfer to their forever 3gal fabric pots.

Ready to be up potted tomorrow, 29 days old.
0CDA4511-272C-43A5-A880-BFB261A92E1F.jpeg

Godfather OG

Hey y'all, how's it going? :peace: All is well in our growville. we are now in 1gal pots. These Godfather og’s are growing out really pretty, they have a really nice green to them, their leaves are perfect too, IMO. I've never seen a plant grow from seed before and it's really cool to see.
They'll go under the @Mars Hydro when they move to the 3x3 tent.
I am planning on topping them instead of LST. Idk how I feel about that only bc I love doing LST. I will definitely need to brush up on the subject bc I've only done it once, and that was on my first grow, so fingers crossed!

F239E92D-DFA3-4E29-9906-C943B9130C11.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom