Spazcore's New Journey

So with everything new in the bloom room the gorilla glue is doing me proud....I'm such a ☺ papa. It's nearly as tall as my mature girls I'd say it had a 2 inch stretch within 1 day and the other 5 girls have just gotten fat. Reminds me of queens fat bottom girls you make my rocking world go round

420-magazine-mobile235672960.jpg

I'm gonna start this off by saying I am sooooooop glad I left these girls in here a bit longer, I easily have double the flower size per plant than what I already harvested with the first plant.....I shoulda waited but now i know to keep an eye on the buds not just the hairs. This outcome is gonna be nice.

So today I decided that I don't want to have this happen again tho with all the wasted energy on the lower buds so I went thru and chopped off all the rest of the bullshit on the bottom of these girls. Cut off the remaining inactive buds so they didn't start developing again and all the lower growth leaving only 3 or 4 nodes to the tops on each stem.
420-magazine-mobile1334144428.jpg
420-magazine-mobile838485617.jpg
420-magazine-mobile872605279.jpg

I'm hoping this turns to much bigger buds in the end product instead of many tiny ones. I figured I would do this just before the rest cycle so they would have the night to sleep it off and come back in the morning. I'm guessing that added a few days in shock.

All in all I'm very happy with how things are going, I feel much more prepared this time around having the knowledge of the last grow. And my trim box is filling up quickly too btw I'm stoked for all the hash that's gonna come from there
420-magazine-mobile1645447005.jpg

That's primarily the first harvest trim but also other trimmings from the 2 bigger girls cleaning the leaves off to allow more light to the lower branches.

Well just another week and a half plus a day or 2 and this cycle is gonna start anew. I'm gonna hit the chiropractor and get some sushi, I need some seared yellowtail and oysters in my life then I got e cookies sent home from a friend I get to try out when I get back she tends to put too much in her baking and makes folks with low tolerances sick not thinking to tell them cuz she's had 4 or 5 already hahaha so I'm not trying to get stuck on stupid while driving.

Stay lifted everyone. happy growing.......hey what are you growing? You at harvest yet? I wanna see your eye

So I haven't been on in a few days and haven't posted but today was transplant day! All my clones caught the og kush had much better roots than the snow cap but they all had roots none the less. I didn't have any extra pots laying around so I had to go around the house gathering plastic containers and cutting them to hold plants and drain holes in the bottom.

420-magazine-mobile569225411.jpg

Let's see we got a milk jug covered in duct tape, an Irish cream bottle, a mayo jar, a itty bitty 2 inch planter til I can find a better one a yogurt container. Who knows what I'll find next time.

Speaking of next time I'm not rooting in soil anymore fuck that I will use the moss or get rockwool it's much cleaner for transplanting. They seemed to root faster as well

Anyways geres everyone at home there is still 1 more snow cap clone that I cut from one of the plants I put in flower just cuz she was too small to hang out in there and was the very bottom branch.

420-magazine-mobile777529274.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1554085673.jpg

Got 3 seeds going over there no idea what they are but I either got 2 males and a female or 2 sativas and an indica of sorts
420-magazine-mobile1680804549.jpg

Well I'm gonna call it a night on this smoke a bowl and hang out a while stay lifted everyone

Today has been a productive one y'all. So started the day with my last bowl of thin mint cookies and it was tasty and stuck around a good while which was nice. From there I had a big jar of trim a friend had given me and a couple of small jars half full of stems and trim so I decided today was the day to break in my herbal infuser the lady got me for Christmas. IF YOU OWN A MIGHTY FAST HERBAL INFUSER NEVER PUT HONEY IN IT AND DONT FINE GRIND YOUR PRODUCT.

When making edibles I like to use an electric coffee grinder cuz it just breaks everything down and seems to cook down better. I usually don't use a super fine mesh strainer or straining bags neither (both of which were included in the kit). So I set it and forget it basically for either I think 30 minute and hour or 4 hours. I had shit to do so I set it for 4 hours and left the house.

I came back to a bunch of honey weed goop around the outside of the lid but it didn't splash out thankfully. But its
infused weed honey either way I love this stuff it goes in everything. With it being so finely ground it took me nearly 30 minutes to squeeze it thru the bag cuz it wouldn't go thru the strainer even after I heated it up in the microwave so won't be fine grinding at least not with honey.

Back to why I use a coffee grinder, you get great hash from the lid and the bowl on the grinder and a good amount for how little you use.
420-magazine-mobile1185690174.jpg
that was a half of a large mason jar from my buddy, I got that same amount from my trim I got from my first harvest so good frosty trim gets loads of nice yellow hash and so long as you tap the grinder you get all the plant matter out too so it's pretty clean as well.

I also have the big girls the chop and got them hanging up and drying
420-magazine-mobile253899734.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1848874670.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1029238712.jpg

And at the very end of the og kush I found this little guy at the very bottom of the plant I thought it was cute and funny
420-magazine-mobile1106967772.jpg

The rubber bandits horse outside...I highly suggest you watch that on YouTube stay lifted everyone

420-magazine-mobile118142624.jpg

2 very different types of hash oil the gooey one is iso hash oil and the more solid one is everclear hash oil....that everclear tincture is fuckin mean lol a half a tablespoon burnt like hell took me back to high school real quick. Don't know how potent it was I fell asleep before it kicked in but I slept most of the night so must be relatively potent. The hash oil on top of a small nug half the size of my pinky nail with a long rice grain size dab on top got my head change going alright now to decide if I want to make it all into dabs or use it as a tincture

Good morning all, starting my day off right with a nice big cup of funny hunny coffee
420-magazine-mobile775176834.jpg

So with all the rain lately I've had a bit of extra time to spend with the girls and it's clone day again.....these mothers out grew the light
420-magazine-mobile910619460.jpg

So today is clone day. . that means I'm going to have to move some of these girls around to the flower box to make room for the new tray
420-magazine-mobile1735440989.jpg

I'm going to try the jiffy plugs for the next couple rounds of clones to see if they work better than what I'm doing now. Not needing to stuff moss in trays will be nice and the clean up after transplanting from dirt just isn't the business.

So I got these random seeds that will be going to the flower box
420-magazine-mobile1058092740.jpg
I'm fairly certain these 2 big ones are males and the smaller is female so I'm going to put them into flower for a few days to show hairs or balls and giving the males the yank but if they're just super healthy females then dope. I topped one of them and it's growing so well I'll be a bit upset if it's a male
420-magazine-mobile58008422.jpg

I was doing an experiement to see how well 2 plants would grow in 1 pot and so far it's ok but I'm guessing root binding may happen in this small of a pot maybe a little bigger would be ok
420-magazine-mobile1912579326.jpg

K so moved a few things around might just wait a few more days before switching these seeds over but now got trays in and can fit 16 clones with the 2 mothers in the trays and looking at the bottom of the mothers I got roots coming out of the bottom of the stainhholes I cut that's awesome makes me want to put them in bigger pots again but they gotta stay small
420-magazine-mobile2041714137.jpg

K I'm gonna get to cutting I'll get more pics here in a bit. I'm so happy to be getting bigger clones than before I'm sure it will end up in bigger buds down the road. At some point in going to put these girls in big pots and flower them out just because I'm not sure how well they're going to hold up with moving especially since I will have to completely redo and make new rooms for them.

Happy growing stay lifted everyone

And as the plugs get ready and soak up all the nice lemon water (that's my ph down baking soda is ph up) I like cheap and effective it's worked great I mean I really enjoy lemon water or lemon cucumber water on a how day. But today is a good day. Last clones I cut I got 6 this time is 8 ( I could have taken more) but this will help my mother make more spots too
420-magazine-mobile140214710.jpg

On the left in the black cup is the og kush and the right is the snow cap.

Happy growing everyone stay lifted I got a bit before the plugs are ready but I'm sure I'll update later today or tomorrow

420-magazine-mobile2116058893.jpg

As you can see my new clones that I cut are the size of the ones that have already caught so I'm on the right track. Big clones big buds big smiles big clouds 2 week cycle there I come this is round 2 need to buy a few more planters and I think I'll be good to start giving them away until it's time to empty out a few cups and build up the mothers to bonsai a bit. I want to cut 1 more of the snowcap but I'm not going to have room. I only say that bedside I have 1 branch that's still above everything else that I just bent over if it pops back up I'll have to cut it otherwise it's going to get all the energy instead of the rest of the plant.

I might do an experiment with 1 and do a kratky hydro to see how it turns out.

420-magazine-mobile652384502.jpg
420-magazine-mobile827151825.jpg

So my attempt at the Kratky method of hydroponics is this. I did it to even out the canopy of the snowcap so that I could make use of all my cuttings and keep the mother on track to stay even. I didn't realize how fast that I'll be throwing away cuttings so that I have room. The basic theory is that you provide enough nutrient water to just touch the bottom of the plug and the roots will then get oxygen as it uses up the liquid . my thought is that I can get it to flower by pulling the plug up when it uses up all the nutes and fill it about 3/4 with flower nutes when I switch it and that way it won't run out of oxygen since the roots aren't completely covered. This is theory tho I haven't heard of anyone doing it. This way of growing is mostly used for plants that don't require a flowering period like lettuce and celery or herbs. But its a weed it's resilient and dam it I'm hoping that she will produce like her sisters are doing now.

420-magazine-mobile715890421.jpg

They're looking like kabobs it's awesome. I got the smaller girl I transfered the other day and the 3 bag seeds that I'm sexing before deciding to veg longer or keep in there and if they're males tossing them out in frustration of the care I have em and the space they took up. But its gonna happen with seeds I suppose unless I buy em.

Stay lifted everyone

Alright so I got a week left before I cut new clones and move some over to the flower room. The clones I cut haven't caught yet which is somewhat disconcerting I would have hoped to have them rooted by now I guess I'm hoping to need to find a humidity dome to maximise their intake, maybe a separate shelf?

Man k I tried giving them a bit of superthrive for the nitrogen to get rid of the red stems and yellow leaves but it's not slowing the leaf progression. Superthrive is .5 0 0 I figured just a touch of n should do it. Do I need to put the grow nutes in as well?

Hmm looks like too much water my friend. That's my first guess let me reread your very well written journal. Try to figure this out. Btw I like your attitude even though no one has helped you I've seen people spaz out after 15 minutes.

I'd make sure it's not waterlogged then add used coffee rinds to the topsoil as a thin layer. Spruce right up. Also some cal mag spray or nutes wouldn't go a miss.

I let them go til they droop every 2 days and a gallon last a week I used 1/3 of a gallon every 2 days for 6 plants

Well I can spaz out or figure it out either way it's not going to change right away I just hope it doesn't mess my crop up.

Still no idea as to what to do with my plants. I had a suspicion that my ph was off so I made a low ph water and leached my soil last night. My water was ph 6.3 but my run off was in the 7s. It stayed in the 7s until I dropped the ph to 5.5 and got the run off to drop down to 5.8-6.3 so I think that will hopefully solve my nite lock out I will be going back to nutes in a few days after these have dried out a bit

Also I doesn't seem as the jiffy pellets work as well as the moss for cloning I think it's not as easy for the roots to protrude from the clones

Alright update time it's been a few days. So there's been some happenings. First off the clones all caught and a couple grew some aggressive roots and have been potted in slightly bigger planters than I had previously that take up considerably more room which I have mixed feelings about. I need to cut less clones or give more away or just start throwing them out. I'm Im already out of space in the flower room and will have to veg longer which hopefully doesn't screw me in the flower room when they stretch. So I like that I can't keep as many clones with bigger pots. Its also becoming hard to keep track of each plants individual needs as they all have the same problems but each one seems to be completely individual.

I've also transfered the other clones in random containers to the flower room a couple of which grew out instead of up which has taken up room as well. I supercropped the snowcap mother after cutting clones to make her grow outwards instead of upwards as she keeps growing above my lights.

My kratky clone is sticking around and just shed the bottom fan leaf so I'm hoping for growth soon to see how well it works out. And aside from that I came up on a brown paper grocery bag full of shake and recently discovered that Wal-Mart sells bubble bags on their website.....and cheaper than Amazon and the hydro shops

Ok life gets in the way but we are back and here it is harvest week for the first time. It should be a 2 week cycle from here on out and that's awesome if nothing else. I did harvest my gorilla glue yesterday as it was ready so she is hanging in the closet and the rest of the girls should be ready come the weekend maybe mid next week. The mothers have been cut down smaller and will need to be again soon as I had to throw away the clipping since there was no room. I do however want to start doing fewer but bigger plants as I feel it would be easier to manage.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom