New Grow -.New Light - New Room

Drainage holes are a check. I made that mistake last May. Never again. You know the pot I just took her out of didn't have drainage either and I had to drill holes in it. Crappy pots. Lol. Thanks for the lookout.

You can always go bigger but i read something that has stuck with me, always transplant in a container 50-100% bigger then the previous one. So if you transplant into a container twice the size the plant will grow at least twice the size in the new pot.
That sounds like a good rule of thumb. Thanks

Quick one for tonight. It's been 24 hours since the transplant and the big girl is taking it like a champ. No drooping or signs of stress. She's a healthy girl and settling fine in her new home.

Has anyone ever gradually gone from veg to flower with the lights? Going from 20 hours of light to 12 hours like over a week span. Any thoughts?

They have kicked that one to death on 420 already and don't remember the exact outcome or consensus but think it was along the lines of it's not necessary it just extends the amount of time it will take to transition to flower and it's not too much stress on the plant to flip directly to 12/12 damn near every person is successfully flipping directly to 12/12 but hey if you are trying to simulate au natural it won't hurt either.

Lol. I figured it had been discussed before and someone would know. Im under no impression that i am going to have any new ideas. Lol. Thanks for the information. I didn't think about giving it total darkness before the flip. I will definitely try that. My original concern was stress on the plant but some stress can be good to I've learned. You guys are awesome as always.

Will post some pics tonight after work.

Meh it doesn't stress the plant out the same.. its different in a way imo. I had to do a 24 hour dark period to get my lighting schedule to coincide with day time hours and it definitely helped them throw pistils sooner. I saw someones plant that was day 28 in flower that looked the same as my plants in day 13 of flower. Might be the strains im growing too but mine seem to be right on schedule.

So this morning I thought I would transplant the small on into a 5 gal bucket but alas when I pulled her out of her pot I could tell she wasn't ready. Gently put he back in the pot. She looks like she about 2 weeks behind her big sister.

Quick eye candy for your viewing pleasure.
420-magazine-mobile2083669603.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1636004844.jpg
420-magazine-mobile19387984.jpg

I noticed this right on the tip. Think I should be worried?
420-magazine-mobile565387797.jpg

Also, I am going to start watering these with a sprayer or something. The 15 seconds it took to water this morning gave me a tan on my arm.

Wow yea they are twice as big now.. id give her another week and a half and let the soil dry out between waterings so she roots out more. She should be good to transplant then. The bigger one is loving her bucket i see lol yea you gotta be quick these lights are bright and if you are pale, like me, it can give you a sun burn! Its weird lol

Wow yea they are twice as big now.. id give her another week and a half and let the soil dry out between waterings so she roots out more. She should be good to transplant then. The bigger one is loving her bucket i see lol yea you gotta be quick these lights are bright and if you are pale, like me, it can give you a sun burn! Its weird lol
Thanks. I'm going to give her two weeks I think. I'm going out of town toward the end of her run so stretching her out a bit won hurt me. I'm really enjoying her growth. She has had no nutes. The power of worm castings and PHd water. I may start giving her some calmag soon but for now I'm pleased. . .

Today I am rethinking my groom room. I need t have 2 spaces since my big girl will be going into flower this coming week. Time to hit the home improvement store.
420-magazine-mobile257351460.jpg
Also moved my light to 24 inches the other day from 18 and she started to stretch.
420-magazine-mobile863828164.jpg
420-magazine-mobile416203168.jpg

The little girl is starting to show street on the tips of these leaves. Any idea?

You guys are awesome. Happy growing.
Not sure when to harvest

Those tips are usually from some nute burn i think.. i wouldnt worry much just means she is taking up her nutes well. Just watch if it gets worse then its a problem. Dang she is bigg shes definitely ready to produce some nice buds for ya.. if you split the plants up into two areas you will need another light though.

So my trip to the harware store the other day was fruitful and my girls have new homes. I split my closet so now there are two sides and my door will open in the middle. I now have a flower side and a veg side. Both sides are 4.5x4x6.7. Plenty of room for them I think. I'm going to need another light. I'm think about going 450 or 600 on the next light I buy.
420-magazine-mobile939263123.jpg

Back
Top Bottom