StarKiller OG, Rockwool, Ebb & Flow, 1200W LED, 2016

Definitely a drain valve or sump pump if you go Dwc. Not too hard if you don't have too many tubs. Will make the biggest difference to your grow tho. It's the difference between pain and joy.
I use a pump personally but that's cause I only have 5ft headroom. And it's multipurposed for top feed. And there is no thing as enough air. That's all there is. Rest is super easy.

After this grow i hope to work with 2-3 different strains and i may try dwc next grow. If it works well for me my perpetual grow will be pretty simple really. People can always ask questions.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

Yeah Penny wise, go for DWC!! I think you'll enjoy the results .

Everyone has their own opinion but I have had bad results in the past with DWC on two occasions with bacteria/mold buildup. You must be VERY cleanly and attentive with EACH of your reservoirs, with weekly cleanings of all surfaces. If you plan on large plants with large root systems, plan on buying a very large and noisy air pump. Otherwise the roots will smother the bubbler out. I prefer the Ebb/Flow method. There is absolutely no way any algae, bacteria, or anything else for that matter to buildup on your roots because there is no constant supply of water for it to buildup in, and this also provides maximum air flow to the roots; giving it a period to get plenty of hydration and a period to take in the oxygen that is brought down into the substrate as the water drains. In small spaces you also have to pull out all of the buckets and disconnect/clean them which is very difficult, and even more so if you need to remove the plant from the res (if you are using a scrog it's next to impossible). Maybe this can be avoided with regular use of H2O2, but I just prefer to avoid the chance of disaster and stick with ebb/flow. Ebb/flow can also be hooked to one res, and with most DWC you would have one res per plant/plants plus a main nutrient res pumping solution. But to each his own, I'm just a little bit lazier and don't like to put in extra work where not needed. I dump/rinse my res once a week, wipe if off with a towel, refil, and top off the tank during the week during flowering/heavy water usage. Ez Pz

I've lost one whole crop and another 2 large plants that I had planted in DWC with other plants, because I ran out of cubes or something i dont remember. Just seems to me more trouble than it's worth compared to ebb/flow or aeroponics. You will also spend a substantial amount more money for medium-large setups for DWC

I agree with above. I'm running two aero plants and have been changing the rez almost every two days. I've been combating a slime that developed from my own mistake. I have another plant in dwc. It does use a big pump. I'm using an eco commercial 1 in a homemade dwc made from a Fox farms nute bottle. I get a good amount of bubbling but it's such a small container. I can't imagine it working as well in a 3-5 gal bucket. I prefer aero anyway and it's been fun so far either way.

My dewey aero system should be here thursday then i have a day off on saturday so ill set it all up then. Ill give it a go and see how much work is involved.

Re: StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016

I like, and can use my current 4 line Air Pump. :)

Aren't Aero and Deep Water Culture similar? Especially when using a single bucket/tote?

Back
Top Bottom