FIKS' Perpetual ScrOg 3x3 - 1 x 3 600 Watt HPS - 300 Watt LED - Coco Coir

Luluthia

Waddup fellower growers, im back, and ready to finish a journal. So I'll just jump right in.

This is a legal, recreational marijuana grow for personal consumption only.

The hardware:

Secret jarden lodge knock off tent 3ft wide, 4ft long, 6 ft tall 2 room tent (3x3 flower 1x3 veg rooms).
Nebula 1000 watt dimmable mh/hps digital ballast
6 in cool tube with xxl wings
300 watt mars hydro led
345 cfm 6 in exaust fan
6 in carbon filter
4 in carbon filter
2 8 in mini box fans
2 dual zone digital thermometers
1 large mercury thermometer
1 small mercury thermometor
1 small gauge style RH meter
1 digital usb interface rh/light intensity/soil moisture/ ambient temp sensor and data logger
1 probe stlye digital thermomitor
1 digital ph meter pen style
5 x 1 gal water jugs
1 x 5 gal water bottle
1 x 1/2 gal water bottle
1 turkey baster
12 x 5 gal black nursery pots
Gh Coco coir bale/peralite soiless mix
Gh flora series preformace pack
Gh cocotek grow
Gh cocotek bloom
Gh armor si
Gh ph up/down
Humbolt calyx magnum
Botonicare rhizo blast
Botonicare hydroguard
Europonic fossil fuel

The botanicals:

3 x orage creamsicle in flower
1 x mau haole in flower
1 x skywalker in veg
1 x glass slipper in veg

The Stradegy:

My goal is to grow a personal use supply of connoisseur grade cannabis. A 3x3 area will be used to flower a total count of 9 plants. Plants will be introduced into the flowering area approximatly 1 month apart, allowing for my first havest in 3 months, and a fully utilized tent in approximatly 3 1/2 to 4 1/5 months from march 2016. I will utilize a 1x3 ft area to veg 3 plants under scrog training for approximatly 1 month, or untill space is freed within the flowering chamber. A maximum of 12 plants will be rooted at full capacity.

Background story:
This is my 23rd grow. 10 in closets, 12 micro grows in tubs/grow boxes.
First tent grow
First grow in coco coir
First perpetual attempt

The flowering chamber currently contains 4 in progress strains that will no longer be grown in this perpetual grow. The plants currently in flower originated in a previous abandoned journal, propigated within a closet grow. The perpetual cycle will begin when all 4 have been havestes. This ia estamates for march.

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and let the discussions flow. Please keep it constructive however. Pics coming soon!

Ok, quick note. I am doing this journal from an inadiquate, damaged screen android. I sincearly appologize for the mis spellings, and typos. I will try to catch them all and correct going forward.......

Now on to the good stuff.

Ok...after juggling bs for the last few days....ive got a moment to do a proper post. To start, heres the feeding history for my plants since jan 15. I track via dry erase board.
IMG_20160203_135550_891.jpg

Next post - the flowering plants.

Litte hard to read, ill find a better way. I watered/fed last night, need to start the board over again.

This pic is of my flower scrog. This is a 3ftx3ft home made screen, which sits about 10 inches from the tops of my 5 gal pots. There are 3 cream cicle and 1 maui haole, obtained oct 32, vegged till jan 1, and now showing very nice flowers. Heres the pics.

IMG_20160203_135920_805.jpg
IMG_20160203_135915_776.jpg
IMG_20160203_135833_679.jpg
IMG_20160203_135829_339.jpg
IMG_20160203_135819_931.jpg

Next post - the setup.

Ok - some of u might find it annoying that i post multi posts for each attribute of the gow - sorry not going to stop any time soon, i feel as if it gives each topic the individual focus it deserves I think this will be benificial as time and journal progesses.

So heres the tent. Its a sj lodge proto type or knock off? It has the logos on the internal mylar press stamped, but nothing outside. Ive seen sj tents in the store and can identify multiple differences. I have no complaints however, infact its light proofing is way better than what ive seen in the stores from sj. It is a 2 room 3x4x6 ft, all metal frame tent. 3 6 in vents, 1 5 in, and a 12x18 window, plus 2 cord ports in the flower room, and a single 6 in with 2 12x18 windows and 2 cord ports in the veg area. Veg area is two tier, however i have the shelf removed. Ballast and exaust fan are mounted in a seperate room.

IMG_20160203_140014_688.jpg
IMG_20160203_140001_586.jpg

IMG_20160210_080453_695.jpg
Good morning 420 magazine. Just did a 7 am 5,465ft wake n bake, ready to journal it up.

Ill start with my feeding practices, and this is where i encourage people to go ahead and jump right in the convo.

So my feedings have been some what inconsistant in their mixture, and delivery. My basic proccess is this:

Obtain 2 x 1 gallon of RO water (25 cents a gl local source, i typically get 10gal at a time)

Using A CLEAN needless syringe i measue each of my nutrient componants

using the syringe to assistin mixing, i push the nutrients into the gal of ro, and pull the mixture back in, several times. Its my theory that this is assisting in the mixing proccess, without adding undue oxygenation that will cause ph readings to be inaccurate.

I will typically lightly slosh the mixture about 15 times (i say about, but actually, i count out 15 EVERY time).

Then i let sit 10 minutes.

I take a ph reading from 1 jug initially. (Typically in the 6.5-7.0 range when useing cocotek and hydrogaurd in the same solution. Much lower when i use the gh flora series + various performance pack additives).

After tracking my ph adjustment over a few mixes, ive found that about 5 eyedropper droplets of ph down gets me where i need to be (5.80 - 6.15 depending on plant signs of increased specific nutrient needs).

I dose both 1 gal jugs with ph down

Retest the first 1 gal to confirm.

Preform a test on the secong 1 gal, which is typically correct, or requires a carefully dropped half drop of ph down to match the first jug.

***heres where i know i can improve the proccess by getting a larger container and mixing all at once, phing all at once, etc.

**a tds pen would assist me in knowing where im at with the contents of the solution. I think this is an area of contention for me. I have been ranging my solution strength widely throughout this grow. Ive basically been alternating between quarter, third, and around 40ish percent strength. This is where i think my inexperience with coco shows the most. I also struggle with additive usage. I want a good yield, good quality, but i dont want to use a crap ton of chemicals. So im lost on when to use them i guess. Right now im kinda just randomly throwing them in when i think the plant will be at a life cycle stage that could use them. I typically do not use additive more than once consecutively. Wrong? What is the use premis/theory on additives?

The final part is the delivery, in which at this time my proccess is

Using a funnel, i pour the mixture into a 16.9oz water bottle, and feed one bottle to each plant untill the gal is gone, which is about 2 per plant. Then i do the same with the second gal. Its my theory that this balances out any inconsistency between the seperate mixed nutrients. Basically they get half and half of each.

I immeadiatly collect the run off, using a turkey baster.This typically allows me to collect .25 of a gallon of runoff total from all plants.

I have yet to have given my plants straight clean ph 'd water thus far, except when i did a transition end flush and plan to again at the ripening preharvest stage. I feed 40 strength, quarter strength, third strength quarter strength, then start the pattern again. I always deliver water at a rate to get about 10oz of runoff per pot.

** i can improve this proccess by getting a sprayer or a small watering can. I just cant find anything that fits the space between my canopy and pots, isnt high pressure, and allows me to get to all areas of my coco surface.

**consistancy would be best? I struggled initially with the clones i got up front. Poor cloning technique utilized, sick plants used, and plants 5 days into flower, were given to me free. Add the fact i have never grown in coco before, and you get to where i am now. I had to fluxuate my mixture to overcome from all the issues, maybe some even caused by me, and it has now become my routine. Ive posted the contents and dates of feeding via pictures of my dry erase bords.

IMG_20160210_112653_115.jpg
IMG_20160210_112714_929.jpg
IMG_20160210_112724_483.jpg
IMG_20160210_112743_468.jpg
IMG_20160210_112809_474.jpg
IMG_20160210_112816_479.jpg
IMG_20160210_112823_271.jpg
Well, these pictures do not do it justice, but, my haole has begun to purple very nicely, and has sparkely nugs that plump daily. If i was to estimate, i believe it will be around 4 zones from the single plant. Pics taken today. Enjoy the view!

IMG_20160210_112904_293.jpg
IMG_20160210_112855_539.jpg
And ive been neglecting to display the creamsicle as much as it deserves, so heres a few shots. There are 3 total creamsicles which take up the majority of the overall canopy.

IMG_20160212_081210_837.jpg
IMG_20160212_081214_129.jpg
IMG_20160212_081334_413.jpg
IMG_20160212_081113_172.jpg
And if that wasnt up close and personal enough fo you. These are titled "in the face of a sticky beast" - yes, took som artistic license on that title, lol

DISASTER STRIKES!!!!!

Ok ok thats a little dramatic, but none the less ive got an isssue. Yesterday about 5 pm mtn time, i heard what sounded like guitar strings snapping, 3 times consecutively. I looked into my flower chamber and saw a little more than a third of the canopy mis placed and out of training. I spent about an hr cutting out and removing the rest of the home made screen. I used what should have been strong enough, problem is, about half of it was pretty aged, which is the part that was effected. Im not concerned with the screen it was built for this flower cycle only, and i planned on building something of higher quality and a little more suited for the perpetual cycles. So now the question is effect on yield, and im going to be spending alot of time making sure the now closely spaced colas remain seperated a bit. I'll likely do some LST here and there, but now i need support more than training.

On a seperate and additionally negitive note, yesterday was watering day, and im out of R/O. Wont be able to fill untill late today, which means water is tomorrow. I follow the principals, treat coco like soil, you'll get soil results, treat coco like hydro, you get hydro results. I dont think my coco is completely dry, but i was really going for much more of a hybrid hydro approach. Watering has been streached to 5 days between, which i have done only three times now. Im glad coco is so forgiving, it really helps the learning curve tremendously. Ill updat with pics at lights on.

Its been 10 days since my last post. Girls are good after the screen snapped, had to do some thinning now that everything is pointing straight up. Only good thing to come from the screen breaking, is the ladies are now mobile. Its amazing how much of a difference that makes when watering and inspecting. Gonna get some pics up when i get a chance. Target havest date of 3/4 is rapidly approaching. Hopeing to be pretty close to that date, but willing to wait longer if the ladies arnt lookin amber.

IMG_20160224_080947_744.jpg
As promised heres some pics. Ill start with the haole. Took it into natural light for the pics. Coming along nice for only a week or two left. I got a few more close ups as well. Next post shortly.

Back
Top Bottom