Crown Royale Indoor Coco Coir Grow

I put a Northern Lights Clone into uncharged coco/perlite mix about the same time as my auto. She's started pushing up new growth. I'm gonna let her run as fast as she wants. Gonna up the feed schedule for her and see what she can do. From what I've seen the NL, at least the one I got goin, is a grower! Only time will tell.

Was checking out your set up again too. Very nice, I'm guessing some math was involved... Great Job!

Lessons Learned During the Seed Through Vegetative Stages:

1. The feed schedule looks good. Do not change for the next grow.
  2. The King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light was at 55% power for the vegetative stage. Keep it there for the next grow.
  3. More attention needs to be paid to training and pruning of the plants. Lots of the plant's vigor in this grow was wasted on undesired growth. Growth tips at the end of the vegetative stage were not in the desired positions. Fix: Use NugBucket's Main-Lining technique for the next grow.
  4. The grow tent was located against a window / outside wall. This caused high humidity (up to 80%) at night. Try placing a sheet of styrofoam insulation between the tent and outside wall. Also increase the air flow through the tent to better control the humidity.
  5. The use of a ceramic heater was warranted. It kept the minimum temperature to 16°C (61°F) with -22°C (-8°F) outdoor temperatures.
NugBucket's Manifold / Main-line Growing Technique:

1. Grow seedling to five or six nodes. You can leave it longer if the plant is not growing fast and healthy.
  2. Top to third node from the roots. Remove all but the fan leaves and new growth tips at third node on main stem.
  3. Train the two resulting branches to grow horizontally, at 180° from each other.
  4. Allow to grow at least two nodes on each branch.
  5. Top to desired node on each branch. They must be equidistant from the main stem.
  6. Train resulting branches to grow horizontally, at 90°to the main branches.
  7. Clear all growth tips below the end of branch growth tips.
  8. Repeat steps three to seven until the desired number of growth tips is reached.
  9. Remove any 'sucker' shoots that appear.
Nebula's Modified Manifold to Produce Eight Growth Tips:

1. Grow seedling to five or six nodes. You can leave it longer if the plant is not growing fast and healthy.
  2. Top to third node from the roots. Remove all but the fan leaves and new growth tips at third node on main stem.
  3. Train the two resulting branches to grow horizontally, at 180° from each other.
  4. Allow to grow at least four nodes on each branch.
  5. Top at third node from main stem.
  6. Remove growth tips at the second node from the main branches. Eight growth tips remain on the plant.
  7. Train resulting branches to grow horizontally into the desired form.
  8. Remove any 'sucker' shoots that appear.
Notes:
  • Leaves may be left at any stage above. The growth tips must be removed as detailed above.
  • Take care when orienting the plants in square pots if an oval or rectangular footprint is desired.
Just catching up on your grow, as the Crown Royal caught my eye. I just wanted to say that I thought this was a fantastic idea as I read through your notes.

New Toys:

180202_new_toys.JPG

Microscopes to View Trichomes​

The digital microscope is for taking pictures to upload, and provide a reference for future grows. This particular one was a bear to install, as the instructions were incompletely translated to English. It was a a bit of a crap shoot, and took longer than it should have. I needed to flip the image both horizontally and vertically for the correct orientation on screen. The focus is tied into the zoom, so I needed to adjust the distance of the microscope from the subject to bring it back into focus after zooming. Consider the version of this microscope that comes with the vertical stand to make this easier on yourself. I wish I had.

Hi Old Salt, thanks for the tip, I've seen the pics and it is a must-have, I've already ordered one as I am actually desperately looking for amber trichomes, still no luck ...

Day 159 of Grow / Day 76 of Flowering

06 Apr: Harvest…

full

Day 159 of Grow / Day 76 of Flowering

full

Day 159 of Grow / Day 76 of Flowering (Random Cola)

full

Day 76 of Flowering: Sugar Leaf Trichomes

full

Day 76 of Flowering: Flower Pistils and Trichomes

full

Single Plant Image in a ScrOG can be Taken at Harvest

full

Harvest Hanging out to Dry

full

Roots Extended out of the Grow Bag.​

Yes! It's payday, make it all worthwhile day. I'm now waiting for them to dry and cure. :surf:

Is that blue led light a x5 cob

No smoke report...
I grind the flowers and put them in capsules. Size 2 is 150mg, size 0 is 250mg. That will last until I save enough to build a press.
HI, I'm growing this strain now, and yours looks like it did pretty darn good!
I am curious, how do you activate the thc in your ground pot capsules? Depending on the strain, there isn't much active thc in raw pot. This is why legal pot has two thc numbers, active and potential. And I have seen two jars of different pot, both with a potential thc of 22% after smoking, but raw thc was 0.5% on one, and 2% on the other, so not a lot! Decarbolaxion changes the non psychoactive THCA to active THC by heating it. To do this to your buds heat them at 220 degrees F for 40 to 60 minutes covered in an oven, then grind it. It should be far stronger and require far less.
:ganjamon:

110 at 110 in the oven. That's 110°C or 230°F for an hour and fifty minutes. These are figures I found online. Their source was a university in the Netherlands.
Interesting. So pretty similar temp, just longer. I use edible oil capsules occasionally, and even though I am quite "experienced" I find 20-25 mg thc to be my upper limit. So a 250 mg pill that's heat activated pot that's 15% thc, should deliver about 37 mg thc? That must be one hell of a trip!

So a 250 mg pill that's heat activated pot that's 15% thc, should deliver about 37 mg thc? That must be one hell of a trip!

I wouldn't know. When the pain is bad I take one before bed. Usually I only use the 150mg capsules two to three hour before retiring.

Here is my current status.
CR1 is growing textbook.
AE135194-D91A-459F-B880-164409BE0666.jpeg
E6D1CE30-64ED-49C8-B68E-6C0FE6345C8E.jpeg

CR2, well she’s alive...
C89CE89D-9D9A-4842-8A2D-52A12889E3A2.jpeg

75264CBA-DE5E-4A13-9206-32C87C8FA86E.jpeg
I love your oversized measurement stick! That is an awesome idea and I am going to find one for my room. Great idea and good looking ladies

I love your oversized measurement stick! That is an awesome idea and I am going to find one for my room. Great idea and good looking ladies
Yeah I got the idea looking @TurboBucket stuff. If I remember correctly... :cheesygrinsmiley:

This is my second harvest of Crop King Seeds' Crown Royale.

full

Harvested 01 May 2019

Each fan blade holds the eight colas from one plant. We'll see how I did when I jar them.

They've been put into jars. I love the 2qt / 1.9l wide mouth jars. Add the plastic lids and you don't need to fool with those two part metal ones. Anyway the results are in. From left to right:
plant 1 = 31gm
plant 2 - 52gm
plant 3 - 59gm
plant 4 - 38gm
Current Total Harvest: 180gm / 6.43oz / 0.67gm/W

Last harvest of this strain: 141gm or about 5 oz or 0.47gm/W .

So the current harvest represents about a 28% increase over my first. I am getting there. You'll notice that the plants at the sides of the tent produced about 40% less than those centered under the light. The new fixture I built should really help with a more even distribution of light energy. Perhaps next year I'll do another grow of this strain so that I can have a valid comparison for its performance.

Several of the colas for this grow ended up on hollow stems. These colas were the tightest and heaviest of the harvest. The main cola on the best of these weighed in at 9.8gm, with another 3.6 gm of smaller buds on the stem. I've got to figure out how to reproduce this.

Back
Top Bottom