Crown Royale Indoor Coco Coir Grow

Day 83 of the Grow / Day 1 of Flower

20 Jan: Change to 12/12 complete. Bloom and Ripen nutrients started. 750ml (1-1/2 cups) at 8:00 AM again at 6:00 PM will be given.
20 Jan: The two plants on the left will alternate between nutrients and water for the morning and evening.
20 Jan: The two plants on the right will alternate, with one day nutrients, and water on the second day.
20 Jan: Nutrients and water adjusted to a ph of 6.0. Harvest should be only 9 weeks away.

180120.JPG

Day 83 of the Grow / Day 1 of Flower

180420t.JPG

Day 83 of the Grow / Day 1 of Flower (Top View)​

Notes:
  • The screen was raised a little from the previous shot, and the grow tips were spread out and brought up through the screen. The screen was then dropped in a few stages to bring more of the tips through the screen. Plant ties are being used to further train some of the growth tips to make better use of the screen.
  • There's condensation on the tent walls. I'll try get rid of that in the next week with a combination of insulation, more ventilation, and heat.
  • Water from my RO has a ph of 7.0. Adding the nutrients changes the pH to somewhere between 6.5 and 7.0, depending of the stage of growth. I mix a six day supply of nutrients and have adjusted the pH to 5.8 for the germination through vegetative stages. During the changeover to flowering it was at 5.9. During the flowering phase I'm using pH 6.0. I use advanced Nutrients pH Down full strength for batches over 4l or about 1 US gal. Below that I use a 10% concentration of pH Down. This has let me adjust the pH to within 0.02 on my Etekcity pH meter. I use pH Buffer #7 by Grotek to calibrate th meter before each use to ensure accuracy. A shot glass is used for the calibration. The pH meter is put back in the #7 Buffer after the adjustment for a few minutes then put away, and the used Buffer #7 is discarded. This procedure ensures maximum accuracy, and is also applied to the water used alternately with the nutrients.
  • The NADAMOO TDS Meter is used to test the Water from the RO monthly detecting a degradation of the membrane. With a new membrane I'm reading a TDS of 24, or EC of 51 μs / cm. I don't use it to test the nutrients in a coco grow.
  • Measuring the volume of water by using weight is getting to be a PITA with the eqiupment I have. I'm looking into a hanging luggage / fish scale as a cost effective alternate for my larger nutrient batches. Calibration weights for it will cost about 10 times that of the scale itself. I may end up making my own.
  • I like the use of known mesh sizes for the cages and screen. They provide a handy way to check plant size in the photos.
  • I found the Like/Thank buttons, and have started using them. :cheer:

Day 89 of the Grow / Day 7 of Flower

25 Jan: Insufficient runoff, increasing nutrients/water to 500 ml for next cycle.

180126.JPG

Day 89 of the Grow / Day 7 of Flower

180126t.JPG

Day 89 of the Grow / Day 7 of Flower (Top View)​

Notes:
  • Raising the temp and increasing ventilation has eased the high humidity to rh 73 max. That's still a little high during flower, but there's not much more I can do at this time.
  • Either the plants are drinking more, or there's more evaporation with the lowered humidity. There's not enough runoff with my current feed and watering schedule. I'll increase this to 500ml / 2 cups morning and evening.
  • There is an error in my previous post. One and a half cups is 375ml, not 750ml.
  • The plants on the left, fed in the morning, and watered in the evening seem to be growing faster than those fed one day and watered the next. I'm switching all plants to the morning/evening schedule. For my next grow, I'm considering feeding a reduced concentration for all feedings, not an alternating feed/water schedule.

Day 96 of Grow / Day 13 of Flowering

29 Jan: Noticed an odor coming from the nutrient solution.
02 Feb: Swiched to 1/4 strength nutrients, no water as per advice from local hydroponics shop

180202.JPG

Day 96 of Grow / Day 13 of Flowering

180202t.JPG

Day 96 of Grow / Day 13 of Flowering (Top View)​

New Toys:

180202_new_toys.JPG

Microscopes to View Trichomes​

The digital microscope is for taking pictures to upload, and provide a reference for future grows. This particular one was a bear to install, as the instructions were incompletely translated to English. It was a a bit of a crap shoot, and took longer than it should have. I needed to flip the image both horizontally and vertically for the correct orientation on screen. The focus is tied into the zoom, so I needed to adjust the distance of the microscope from the subject to bring it back into focus after zooming. Consider the version of this microscope that comes with the vertical stand to make this easier on yourself. I wish I had.

Very impressive grow and awesome information. Good luck and I will be following along.
Also, I have ordered from crop king seeds four times. I have had good luck with them and great germination %. I also use the general hydroponic nutrients and have had great luck with them.

Day 103 of Grow / Day 20 of Flowering

180209.JPG

Day 103 of Grow / Day 20 of Flowering

180209t.JPG

Day 103 of Grow / Day 20 of Flowering (Top View)​

Notes:

• No changes to the feed schedule in the past week. I'm starting to see flowers - finally!

• Should I prune away some of the fan leaves to get light deeper into the canopy?

Day 110 of Grow / Day 27 of Flowering

11 Feb: Pruned all fan leaves from under the screen. Pruned some fan leaves from colas to allow deeper light penetration into the canopy.

180216.JPG

Day 110 of Grow / Day 27 of Flowering

180216t.JPG

Day 110 of Grow / Day 27 of Flowering (Top View)

180216c.JPG

Day 110 of Grow / Day 27 of Flowering (Random Closeup)

I finally see trichomes forming in the images. I didn't see them before the shot.

I've continued to prune out the fan leaves blocking light from flowers.

The tallest plant is now about 15cm / 6" from the light.

Day 124 of Grow / Day 41 of Flowering

01 Mar: Switched to dry KoolBloom

full

Day 124 of Grow / Day 41 of Flowering

full

Day 124 of Grow / Day 41 of Flowering (Top View)

full

Day 124 of Grow / Day 41 of Flowering (Random Closeup)​

Day 131 of Grow / Day 48 of Flowering
Starting to see a change in color...

full

Day 131 of Grow / Day 48 of Flowering

full

Day 131 of Grow / Day 48 of Flowering (Top View)

full

Day 131 of Grow / Day 48 of Flowering (Random Closeup)​

Looking great, Old Salt. :goodjob:

ian

I got another new toy in this week, a fish or luggage scale. Yeah, so what's it for? I'm a little tired of measuring out water by the liter, when I need up to 16 at a time. I checked the calibration, and it's within 10 gm at 16Kg or 0.0625%. Not too shabby. As I work in the MKS system, 1l of water weighs close enough to 1Kg. The scale will also measure lbs, if you prefer the American way. One gallon weighs 8.345404 lb.

full

Using a Weigh Scale for Water Volume

Day 138 of Grow / Day 55 of Flowering

full

Day 138 of Grow / Day 55 of Flowering

full

Day 138 of Grow / Day 55 of Flowering (Top View)

full

Day 138 of Grow / Day 55 of Flowering (Random Cola)​

I think I'll need to start flushing soon.

Bulking up very nicely. :ganjamon:

Ian

Looking good, I'm going to take a seat and watch the rest of the show if you don't mind. I have some Crown Royale going right now also. Mine are seedlings and only 6-7 days old. It will be nice to see how yours turn out. I also have some Green Crack and Super Silver Haze seedlings from Cropking going also. Here's the link to my journal if you would like to take a look.✌️
EastCoastGhost Does Multiple Strains From Cropking -Coco- PS COB

Day 142 of Grow / Day 59 of Flowering: Approaching Harvest

full

Day 59 of Flowering: Sugar Leaf Trichomes

full

Day 59 of Flowering: Flower Pistils and Trichomes​

Many of the pistils are amber and most trichomes are milky. I'll switch to flushing after I finish off the current batch of nutrients tomorrow morning.

These images were taken with a digital microscope.

Day 145 of Grow / Day 62 of Flowering

21 Mar: Started the Flush…

full

Day 145 of Grow / Day 62 of Flowering

full

Day 145 of Grow / Day 62 of Flowering (Top View)

full

Day 145 of Grow / Day 62 of Flowering (Random Cola)

full

Day 62 of Flowering: Sugar Leaf Trichomes

full

Day 62 of Flowering: Flower Pistils and Trichomes

Trichomes are starting to turn amber.

Back
Top Bottom