My 2nd 1st Attempt - Bubble Bucket Grow

Maybe but I am desperate to get this plant into bloom phase and find out if its female or not. I am on my last unknown plant so after this its all fems.

Day 71 on the one im sending into bloom tomorrow and day 57 on the LSD which will go into bloom in another 2 weeks.

Day72 total day 1 bloom bagseed bucket#2. Day 58 LSD bucket#3. dirt pot about 12 days. I moved my plants around today. LSD is now outside the closet with t5 and cfl on it to veg for 2 more weeks before starting bloom. Bucket#2 is starting first day of 12/12 PH on both buckets is running between 5.7-5.9. I added 6ml of AN bud blood with 500ml of water to bucket#2. The water was low and I need to get it ready for bloom anyway. I'll put full amount of bud blood starting on next water change which may be sooner than later. Dirt pot still hasn't shown sign of sex but it will happen soon as its been almost 2 weeks (I'm thinking male). I watered it with plain water today as there was no moisture on the top inch or so of dirt. So its off to the races again lets see of this bucket#2 ends up female. PICS of new setup.
IMG_32998.JPG
IMG_32977.JPG
IMG_32946.JPG
IMG_32916.JPG
IMG_32895.JPG
IMG_32865.JPG

71 days and no sign of preflowers yet? That sounds like my BC Sweet Tooth that still hasn't shown sex in 8 days of 12/12

2 months of veg, and if you haven't seen a female preflower, its a high chance you are going to have a male.. but you just never know. 95% of the time tho, female plants show sex well before going into flower. Usually about 40-50 days from the time the plant is no longer a sprout.. usually about 7 days after germination the plant can be considered a seedling.

Even still, very unusual that you haven't had any sign of sex yet.

Good news I guess after only 15 hours of light last night and Maybe adding bud blood :p There are pre-flowers everywhere now. I see long blonde hairs . ITS A GIRL!

End of day 72 day 2 bloom bucket#2 bagseed. Plant had preflower everywhere PH 5.9. Dirt pot looks to be showing maybe male I'll give it a few more days to see. Day 59 Bucket#3 LSD I readjusted the lights PH. 5.7. I'd say 2 weeks from today and flip it to bloom. I dropped the free auto northern lights blue in water tonight to start germination process (I want this seed grown and out I don't like autos). So FedEx says Monday on the lights. I tried to get closeups of the hairs this time its close to clear.
IMG_33106.JPG
IMG_33083.JPG
IMG_33073.JPG
IMG_33055.JPG
IMG_33033.JPG
IMG_33018.JPG

Day 74, bloom 4 days Bucket#2 bagseed. This plant was extremely ready to make flowers as there are 1/4 inch hairs on the majority of tops now (just 3 or four on each top but they are long). I changed the water it was at day 7. In this order I mixed 2.5 gallons of water with 8ml AN ancient earth. Then I add GH armorsi at 5ml total. GH calimagic 6ml, Botanicare aquashield 20ml, Plant Success orca 2.5ml, AN bud blood 18ml, AN micro 22ml, AN grow 24ml, AN bloom 26ml. Ph'd this after a good mixing and bubbled for an hour the PH was @5.9. So I am at just under 70% strength on my 3part AN and PPM is at 1680!! That is some high ass readings. How the hell does anyone go full strength on AN 3 part? I must be pushing the max out point on osmotic pressure for the root zone. I'll find out late tonight or tomorrow if the nutrients are burning (1 advantage of Hydro fast results). Nice I received a free handheld led microscope 60X zoom. No idea on how to use it yet, super hard to focus on anything. LOL my new lights are cursed the fedex tracking report now states next Monday as the delivery date. They must be using camels at fedex ground now. Dirt pot now showing female pre-flower I topped it and now it goes back to veg. Days in flower 13 (no idea how long it was vegging but it looked about 2-3weeks). So I am calling this dirt pot at DAY 31. I only used water and some left over nutrient water from the hydro to keep it keeping about every 4-5 days. It has rainforest blended mix in the pot. Bucket#3 LSD (barneys farm) Day 61, fully vegging hard I'll changing water in 2 days maybe 3. It has a deep narrow well so the water is deeper than the 5 gallon bucket size makes it harder to judge water changes (I hate to waste nutrients). PH is holding with no adjustments at 5.8. Root system is finally growing out nice and big. I have a north lights blue auto fem that cracked the seed today I put it into a presoaked rockwool cube. Soaked in ph'd water and 4 drops botanicare aquashield and 1 drop plant success orca added to 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Anyway its in a plastic cup with a lid on it on the veg area I have set up with t5 and cfl, its far enough away that it wont get much light with a lid on top for this first day or 2 that it needs to break the surface (I hope). If I am lucky this seed makes it past the seed cracking stage. Pics later.

Ya m water is 450PPM. I normally use silca and ancient earth to raise and drop my ph I only use acid when its way off high. I try to avoid adding things to the water that don't also help my plants. up/down stuff that only changes PH is not for me unless I gotta.

wow.. 450ppm?

your nutrient solution is probably more like 800-900ppm then.

I would maybe try using the Gen Hydro 3 part flora series, but use the FloraMicro for hardwater, when you run out of nutrients.

OMG my lights are still not here! FedEx ground tracking says they dropped it off at the post office for final delivery. I'm like WTF. Whats the purpose of sending standard fedex ground if they let the post office deliver it the last 3 days of this 11 day journey. British Royal Mail standard delivery can ship around the world and back in that time. FedEx ground is a joke its obviously better to use the post office unless its overnight. I went ahead and added 2ml of Orca to the water in bucket#2 (LSD)just to reinvigorate the mychrzy army in the root zone. PH in both buckets stable 5.9, 5.8. I think it looks to be a no go on the auto northern lights blue feminized. Tomorrow I will take a clone from the LSD and try and get it started.

Well thank god for the postal service they got it here today. 1day for the post office 7 for fedex to get it to the post office. My H380 kessil has arrived and I hung it up in less then 2 minutes. Funny thing is I ordered 2 and a free gooseneck. So now the wait is on for a 2 light and a tracking number. Pics of new light later. Total led watts pulling from the wall outlet is 267.

Day 77 total 7 bloom bucket#2 bagseed got the new light hung up, PH 5.5 adjusted to 5.7, I added 1 liter of water to get it there. Water was getting low anyway. Now that's 90wattx2 and 110watt over this plant all in led. Day 64 LSD Bucket#3 still vegging probably pulling a clone from it tomorrow or Saturday PH 5.9. Day 34 dirt pot well its alive and revegging after showing sex (female) and topping plus super-cropping. Side branches growing out nicely considering its under a t5 HO 24watt 12", and getting a little light from a CFL 55watt (200watt equivalent) . PICS
IMG_33406.JPG
IMG_33384.JPG
IMG_33362.JPG
IMG_33352.JPG
IMG_33297.JPG
IMG_33304.JPG

Day 79 and day 9 bloom bucket#2 bagseed. The water wasn't holding out I saw lighter growth yesterday and today as well. Changes out my water 2 days earlier than expected. In this order I mixed 2.5 gallons of water with 16ml AN ancient earth, 5ml GH armorsi, 12ml GH calimagic, 30ml Botanicare aquashield, 2.5ml Plant Success orca, 30ml AN micro, 30ml AN grow, 30ml AN bloom and 15ml AN bud blood. PH ended way higher this time at 6.7. I added 4ml of PH down to get to 5.8. PPM are now at 1730. I guess if you subtract the 450PPM water that leaves it in the high 1200 range. Hopefully it wont burn, last time I went this high the other plant (that ended up male) twisted all over the place. No movement on the other plants. The auto I started officially didn't make it. I should have used better water to start. Looks like the delivery time for next light is on Wednesday.

Day 79 total time day 9 bloom bucket#2 bagseed. Ph'd the water today it was 6.3 still in the range of OK but I moved it down to 5.9. No burns after 17 hours of new water at 1750 PPM. I'm thinking next Friday is the 2 weeks of 12/12 so I might flush before switching water from a bud blood mix to a big bud, carboload mix. I rearranged my light setup again. I rigged a reflector made from a cardboard box and mylar. I attached my t5 to the back wall via included clips. So now I have some light 3-4 inches away from the under-canopy on 1 side. Day 66 LSD bucket#3 PH stable 5.8 drinking water nicely. Water change looks like Monday. Day 36 Dirt pot starting to get good side growth it looks to be back in veg mode fully. PICS
IMG_33537.JPG
IMG_33515.JPG
IMG_33499.JPG
IMG_33485.JPG
IMG_33474.JPG
IMG_33447.JPG
IMG_33435.JPG

Day 80 total, day 10 12/12 bucket#2 bagseed Ph got down to 5.6 so I raised it up to 5.8. I think I over compensated yesterday when I brought it down. Pre-flower all over the place small white hairs, looks like the 7-8 inches of stretch I got may be slowing as the nodes are once again growing super close together. I accidentally had the grow spectrum tuned into 1 light for the first 4 hours of the day. I guess it can't hurt 2 in bloom and 1 light set to veg. Anyway I caught it and all on bloom. Looks like the LSD got a little light burn from the new led so I tried to position it a little farther away than 12 inches. I can actually see and feel the edge of the light beam from this new light ( I blew smoke through the beam once to check and yup it was like a purple laser light show).Day 67 the PH on the LSD is still good at 5.7. Dirt pot at 37 days and still growing out nicely its definitely fully recovered from the lst and topping. Foliar sprayed both plants in the veg area with AN ancient earth 1/16 strength. I might put the cfl 55w back on the veg plants to remove some shadows. PICS
IMG_33663.JPG
IMG_33583.JPG
IMG_33563.JPG
IMG_33554.JPG
IMG_33623.JPG

Day 82 total Day 12 of bloom. Bucket#2 bagseed water was a little off at PH 5.4 so I was making water for bucket#3 and it was still not ph'd so I just add a quarter gallon from that mix into bucket#2 and that balanced the water to 5.8. Anyway Bucket#3 LSD is at day 69! I mixed 2 gallons of water with 9ml AN ancient earth, 2ml GH armorsi, 6ml GH calimagic, 22ml Botanicare aquashield, 2.5ml plant success orca, 15ml each of 3 part AN micro, grow and then bloom. PH came out to 6.7. PH'd to 5.8 and checked a few hours later and it was up to 6.3 brought it back down to 5.9 and its stable there today.

Back
Top Bottom