Serious Seeds Chronic Grow

Hi 4twenty4all,
Great job on your grow +rep

Don't sample too much, a two week cure can make such a difference in the high, it's worth the wait.

Thanks for the kind words and the reps! Yeah, gonna let the rest cure for minimum or 2 weeks before I take too many samples :) Just nice to know that basically without a cure that I got pretty wasted (comfortably numb) and it still has about a week or so to finish.

Moose, After my experience with the top half of the bud and the bottom half I would agree that the fresher crystals on top of the buds do give a noticeably stronger high.

Today I decided to cut the runt from 12/12 as the trichs on it are almost all cloudy with just a few clear ones. This will be part of my test with trying the buds at different stages. I will hang this one for about 7 - 10 days and cure for about 2 weeks. The other plants are almost ready as some of the trichs are starting to turn amber, only a few at this point. All of the fan leaves are turning pretty yellow as I flushed about 2 weeks ago. They may have another 5 - 8 days I guess.

I am posting pics of the runt that I cut today and do have a question. I trimmed it and there are no large fan leaves in the pile of trim. Please look at the trim and let me know if I can use them for butter. There are no crystals on most of them, does that matter? Should I only use the tiny leaves poking out from the buds for making butter?

Well..... Here are the pics

You can get an idea of the size, it's not very big, because it is sitting on a standard 8 1/2 x 11 in piece of paper.
IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_09641.JPG

Here is the trimmings, let me know if you think they will be good for butter. The first time I made butter I used fan leaves and it had no potency at all.
IMG_0960.JPG

Thanks for looking everyone! :rollit:

Hey Boss, I do plan to do that but want to know if the small fan leaves that come out between the buds will have any potency to make butter or if I can only use the small clippings when cleaning the buds.

I used organic mix(Plant-tone) in potting soil, some 4-4-4, big bloom by fox farms, maxicrop seaweed, and the first grow had some 15-30-15 non organics. I still use some 15-30-15 at 1/4 if I see any problems with the organics, but usually just adding the organic mix works if they are light on any nutes.

Oh, the soil has pete, perlite, worm castings and no nute potting soil with the organic nutes. I forgot to add lime to this soil, and I am having to raise my pH manually from the pete breakdown.

You guys are killing me!!! LOL! Boss, thanks for giving out your secrets! I'm a little stoned right now so this is extra funny for me. :ganjamon: This is what I love about this site..... everyone has fun and still shows respect, isn't that what its all about??? Basically, a bunch of laid-back people chillin' and sharing their passion.

Currently, I am using Maxicrop for flowering with Foxfarm oceanforest, light warrior, and the bat guano with worm castings mix and recently started spraying with sea tea and fish emultions (or however you spell that). I have learned sooooo much more during this grow and plan to change a few things next time; Hopefully this will yield larger harvests in the future.

I hope to harvest my 2 large plants within the next few days as there are only a few amber trichs now. And, I should harvest the 2 remaining 12/12 girls within 10 days as their trichs are mostly cloudy/milky now. So far though, I am happier with this grow than my first and will continue to learn more from all of the great people on this site and have many memorable harvests in the future.

Again.... thanks to everyone that takes the time to help us newbies out!

:clap:

Nothing better than a stoned boss! How can I get mine that way without getting fired?:scratchinghead:

leave an anonymous batch of brownies in their office, or a cake on their birthday:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom