Kro's Soil Auto White Widow - First Time - 2018

Yeah. Though it looks like a few of them, hence my unkowning which it could be. Further reading and reading I am lead to believe it could be an iron deficiency since its yellowing from the new growth outwards.

It was pretty quick to set in though. There were no signs last night, hasnt been fed lately.

Tonight was watering night anyways, so guess I'll be doing a flush. Yay .. ugh

Should I feed as normal? Or half what I was feeding before? (Last time was 600ppm at 4wks old) ... oh sh$$t .. isn't that supposed to be higher? Could that be it?

Also .. 2 are flowering, the other 2 not so much. The 2 that are not, 1 is 36days old (also the one with iron? Def) and the other is 29days. And go figure, it's one from each batch that's 7 days apart. And after solving the iron? Def, 12/12 to try to trigger flowering?

It's just the 1 that's yellowing. And no, it's not flowering. Its 36days (one of the originals).
And these are autos.

There is some yellowing on the other, but it's not much yellow and mostly on unlit leaves under the heavy stuff. I have not done any pruning and not planning on doing much either unless necessary

Flushed and fed thing1 with ph6.0 and 700ppm.
Yellowing on new growth has receded slightly and no signs of nute burn (at least no new tips showing nute burn) .. growth was insane overnight after feeding.

Could it have been under watered? It was really dry. It took almost 1.5 gallons before getting runoff

I'm happy I've run into these issues (rare as they are). At least I'll be better equipped to identify these issues in the future. It's all a learning experience and I think it'll make me a better grower by experiencing all the issues.

Some flower shots of thing2.
Thing2 and 3 are 12 days into flower.
Thing4 is 2 days into flower (never really recovered from a fim.. was a test case anyways, at least it looks as though i'll get a bunch of popcorn).
Thing1 looks likes shes flowering, but no pistols (totally recovered from topping and has 2 nice thick main colas)

Pics of thing2 (the front runner)

Thing1: 44 days old, ?days into flower (no pistols), 700 ppm alternating with ph water (1/2 gal every second day)

Thing2: 44 days old, 15 days into flower, feeding 1000 ppm alternating with ph water (1/2 gal every second day)

Thing3: 37 days old, 15 days into flower, feeding 1000 ppm alternating with ph water (1/2 gal every second day)

Thing4: 37 days old, 5 days into flower, feeding 900 ppm alternating ph water (1/2 gal every second day)

No new signs of deficiencies or nute burns (beyond what's already there), only nute burn encountered was a few new growth tips with 2mm to 3mm of nute burn (never spread or got worse)

I'll post better pics later.

Started a new set.
New 4x4 tent.
Vegging under 125w cfl .. will add additional cfl as they grow. Eventually 4x125w in the tent. Will use dual 600leds for flowering.

Disney Princess grow
1 critical mass (aka "Merida")
1 amnesia (aka "Snow White")
2 northern lights (aka "Anna" and "Elsa")

OH No! Woke up up spider mites.
Only a few leaves with damage.

On my way to get a bag of lady bugs (outdoor garden could use some too)

Anyone have advice?

..i'm not using chemicals at all, and will use neem oil only if absolutely necessary

I would go ahead and get the neem. I got mites my first grow also. Good luck they are a B***h to get rid of.

I would go ahead and get the neem. I got mites my first grow also. Good luck they are a B***h to get rid of.

I've got neem oil for my outdoor garden, but my girls are getting pretty filled up with flower, so i'm not too keen on the time itll take to spray the entire plant while not getting any on the flowers.

Also installing an intake hepa filter today. Will pick one up at the local shop while i'm out getting the ladybugs.

I think I caught this early as I cant find any adult spider mites, only the eggs on a handful of leaves. And those leaves do have the tell tale white bite Mark's, no webbing anywhere (I did a full inspection). In a couple hours, i'll pop the lights off in tent (they are autos, so they can handle it), put about 50 ladybugs (for 9 ft sq) and give them a few hours of darkness before flipping the lights back on (ladybugs need the darkness to get going) and give them the rest of the evening to do their job. By morning, I figure I shouldnt find any remaining spidermites. If some still are there, i'll undergo the process with neem oil (since neem doesnt harm ladybugs) and let them both go to work on the spidermites. And of course, rinse and repeat 3days later, then again 7 days later.

My other option is to release "mighty mites", but they are pricey here. Supposed to be extremely effective, but I don't know their life cycle and if they, themselves would end up posing a problem once they've cleared the area of spidermites. At least with ladybugs, I can see them easily for future removal.

Fyi: I really want to find ways of NOT spraying the plants with anything. I'd like to go as organic as possible. I'm prepping for a larger scale grow where this will be very important.

I'll still prep a bottle of neem oil in the spray bottle. I will be spraying everything but the plants with it (will clean off the residue after 7 days after final spraying)

Poke some holes in my logic, I want to be a sponge of information and do actually hearing everyone's input, even of there are multiple conflicting recommendations. I'm very analytical, and can find benefit to all recommendations/help.

I hope none of that sounded pretentious. ..i'm still learning and am reading information a few hours a day, and fully appreciate any and all advice. I never go into anything blind, I have a wierd OCD that I need to know as many factors as possible, including as many possible outcomes to prepare for (ie: bad taste from spraying ..etc; I dont like big surprises)

Edit: local nursery switched suppliers and have no ladybugs. Gah. ... found another supplier

Thanks.

I located my source of spider mites. They came in on a walmart flower that has been sitting in the living room. These plants and all that were in the room (living room) have been banished to the outdoors and will be getting a neem oil wash down for the next week before they are permitted back indoors.

Installed a 6" can-fan intake filter to the grow tents.

Released about 50 ladybugs into the infected tent. Crossing fingers.

Not upset at all for getting spider mites, I know it's fairly common, and it's good for me to learn how to get rid of them now while I'm only working with 4 plants

Note: the room that my 2 tents are in has been sealed and the only way for air to come in is through the intake filter .. or when I open the door. .. 1 wall has an 8" air diffuser which I ducted straight up to with the intake, the opposite wall has an 8" sealed, with backflow valve for exhaust. Windowless room. Door has been weather stripped and seals when closed.

Back
Top Bottom