First Time Auto, First Time DWC, Northern Lights

A midnight, lights out stretch update.

You go girl!

20200212_231738.jpg
20200212_231716_HDR.jpg

On with the zombie show!

Looking good over there! :popcorn:
Thank you, what a difference a proper grow light makes!! She looks way different from the other 2 in this journal!

Woah! What a 3 day stretch!

20200215_214539_HDR.jpg
20200215_214524_HDR.jpg

I'm going to have to supercrop these tops and slow the tall ones down! I'm running out of space, and I'll get another plant stand that will lower it off the rack about 4".

On with the zombie show!

Sweet that your trying this particular strain of auto. I literally just purchased 20 seeds auto northern lights. I have been doing dwc for my first grow ever with regular feminized seeds only si ce January 8th or so. Not bored but figured while groot and my clones veg I can do some autos also. I'm interested on the yield from your plant as it looks really healthy. I have a rather large tent and plenty of room. I'm planning 4 auto in soil based with perlite vermiculite etc... while my 6 dwc plants are going also. Good luck I will be following your to see the turn out for sure.

Happy growing,
Tahcoe

Great start to your grow buddy. I'm a DWC farmer and have 2 suggestions. Do with them as you will.

Optimum PH range for dwc ...IN MY OPINION... is 5.8 to 6.2 below 5.5 or above 6.5 your plant will suffer. I like to cycle from 5.8 up to 6.2 then rez change or PH back down to 5.8 It works for me.

The shot of your bucket & roots showed me big fat air bubbles coming up to the surface and a tiny little air pump next to your bucket.

IMG_20191005_101900149.jpg

That's the inside of my cloner. See the smaller bubbles and how it looks like it's boiling? That's the kind of airflow you need. I would upgrade to a 6 inch round air diffuser disc for your bucket and a minimum 6w or 15 lpm air pump with a 5/16" or 3/8" air line.

And yes GH nutes can stain the roots a bit.

Lookin great. Keep it up. :goodjob:
Great start to your grow buddy. I'm a DWC farmer and have 2 suggestions. Do with them as you will.

Optimum PH range for dwc ...IN MY OPINION... is 5.8 to 6.2 below 5.5 or above 6.5 your plant will suffer. I like to cycle from 5.8 up to 6.2 then rez change or PH back down to 5.8 It works for me.

The shot of your bucket & roots showed me big fat air bubbles coming up to the surface and a tiny little air pump next to your bucket.

IMG_20191005_101900149.jpg

That's the inside of my cloner. See the smaller bubbles and how it looks like it's boiling? That's the kind of airflow you need. I would upgrade to a 6 inch round air diffuser disc for your bucket and a minimum 6w or 15 lpm air pump with a 5/16" or 3/8" air line.

And yes GH nutes can stain the roots a bit.

Lookin great. Keep it up. :goodjob:

Hi there. I'm also a dwc guy but a newbie. It appears much easier to clone straight into water like you are but how are you doing with humidity. Do you use a humidity dome or not?
I have mine in rockwool in a small humidity dome and I'm going on 2 weeks so I decided to pull one out. Roots are barely developing but unsure if and when I can move them out into my dwc. I may just change to what you are doing if applicable for me. I had the dome off for maybe and hr on one clone at 12 days into a new netty and it started to dry the leaves out quickly. I put her back into dome and she looks pretty good again.

Thanks,
Tahcoe

Sweet that your trying this particular strain of auto. I literally just purchased 20 seeds auto northern lights. I have been doing dwc for my first grow ever with regular feminized seeds only si ce January 8th or so. Not bored but figured while groot and my clones veg I can do some autos also. I'm interested on the yield from your plant as it looks really healthy. I have a rather large tent and plenty of room. I'm planning 4 auto in soil based with perlite vermiculite etc... while my 6 dwc plants are going also. Good luck I will be following your to see the turn out for sure.

Happy growing,
Tahcoe
Thanks for checking in, but what you see here is a photo period Northern Lights, all of the 3 beans I bought that were supposed to be auto's turned out to be photos. So I'll have another 8-10 weeks of flowering to go yet. I'm surprised how healthy she is due to her rough and weird start and awkward growth pattern, hence the zombie name, but I'm glad I kept her!
I'll check in with your grow!

Thanks for checking in, but what you see here is a photo period Northern Lights, all of the 3 beans I bought that were supposed to be auto's turned out to be photos. So I'll have another 8-10 weeks of flowering to go yet. I'm surprised how healthy she is due to her rough and weird start and awkward growth pattern, hence the zombie name, but I'm glad I kept her!
I'll check in with your grow!
Awesome...
Ok, good to know. Well I guess one way or another here soon we will both know how either way works. I'm looking forward to it.

Oops! I guess I forgot to feed her a couple of times, I look in on her and she's all droopy and I lifted her pot, light as a feather! She drained and dried out!

20200216_155217.jpg

Feed her and she should spring back with no problem.

A week into flowering and I took a chance and super cropped some of the taller ones, 5 to be exact.

Here is the uneven canopy

20200217_132237_HDR.jpg

The 5 that I chose to supercrop.

20200217_134000.jpg
20200217_133935.jpg

And a 1 week budlet.

20200217_134013.jpg

On with the zombie show!

Morning Canakush, hope you tied those super cropped branches down. They will want to grow straight back up real quick. I super cropped some Cbd at three weeks into flower and never seemed to slow it down. While I found the top cola was slightly smaller then non sc. the weight of the lower buds thus exposed easily made up for it. It increased total weight so I would not hesitate to do it again. :peace::Rasta:

Morning Canakush, hope you tied those super cropped branches down. They will want to grow straight back up real quick. I super cropped some Cbd at three weeks into flower and never seemed to slow it down. While I found the top cola was slightly smaller then non sc. the weight of the lower buds thus exposed easily made up for it. It increased total weight so I would not hesitate to do it again. :peace::Rasta:
I thought about it but decided not to, I really softened them up and 1 actually snapped but didn't break off, I hope they slow down their stretch and the others catch up and even out the canopy. I'm hoping they don't stretch too much due to a space issue too. I figure the 21 day defoliation will happen around the 1st of March.

:morenutes:

That kind of idiotic that you got stuck with a photoperiod flower when I got 2 autos instead of photo period lol!
Lookin good canuckush! Crazy fast 30min bounce back!

That kind of idiotic that you got stuck with a photoperiod flower when I got 2 autos instead of photo period lol!
Lookin good canuckush! Crazy fast 30min bounce back!
That's the way the beans drop! Lol! Thanks!

:passitleft:

A midnight update.

She's a heavy drinker, a litre is sucked up without any runoff, I've been increasing her volume of feed but apparently not enough, and I've been feeding her twice a day, I may go 3 times a day now.

20200219_235623.jpg
20200219_235604.jpg
20200219_235550.jpg

On with the zombie show.

A midnight update.

She's a heavy drinker, a litre is sucked up without any runoff, I've been increasing her volume of feed but apparently not enough, and I've been feeding her twice a day, I may go 3 times a day now.

20200219_235623.jpg
20200219_235604.jpg
20200219_235550.jpg

On with the zombie show.
Nice pics, @Canuckush!

:theband: Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolli lollipop! LOLLIPOP!
*POP*
Badum dum dum ..

Before.

20200301_225914.jpg

After.

20200301_232646.jpg

we're about 21 days post flowering so I took the zombie and trimmed her up, now to let her buds fatten up and produce some great colas and nugs!

On with the zombie show!

Back
Top Bottom